Your Guide to The Biggest City in the Big State of Texas
It’s well-known that everything’s big in Texas. When it comes to thriving cities that offer unlimited opportunities for entertainment and adventure, there’s no place in the Lone Star State that’s bigger than Houston. It’s the 4th most populous city in the country, the home of NASA’s Johnson Space Center, a teeming metropolis that offers world class sports, cultural offerings, cuisine and a huge dose of history. Come once and you’ll want to keep coming back. But you don’t want to negotiate the streets and highways in Houston on your own. There’s a better way to have an unforgettable time in the Space City—in the comfort and luxury of a charter bus from US Coachways.
Why There’s No Better Way to See Houston than on a Charter Bus
When you compare charter bus travel with other modes of transportation, it’s really no contest:
- Charter buses are more dependable—With other modes of travel, delays and cancellations are fairly commonplace. That’s not the case with a charter bus. Our access to a huge network of vendors nationwide makes it easy for us to find a replacement vehicle, if necessary. In addition, your driver has the resources to anticipate potential traffic slowdowns and find alternate routes to get you there on time.
- Charter buses offer more flexibility—There’s no other mode of travel that lets you decide when you’ll leave, where you’ll go, what you’ll see, how long you’ll stay and when you’ll come back. Last-minute and real-time changes to your schedule can often be accommodated. Entire trips can be booked with short notice.
- Charter buses offer less hassle when you travel—You won’t have to check the GPS or look at your watch. You won’t have to find a place to park or battle traffic. There’s no TSA line, so you won’t have to take off your shoes or toss your toiletries. You’ll be on the same bus for your entire trip, so no worries about missing connections or losing your luggage. Your devices won’t interfere with navigational systems, so you can stay connected at all times.
- Charter buses are generally safer—You’ll have a highly trained professional at the wheel. In addition, there’s only one way on and off the bus, so you won’t have to worry about uninvited guests.
- Charter buses offer unmatched comfort—The high-back bucket seats are large, with more leg room than any mode of travel. There’s no middle seat, either, and the aisles are wide. You can move about at your leisure.
- Your bus has many uses—It’s a great place to have team meetings, make advance announcements or even get the whole family to sing happy birthday. You can also duck into the bus for a little quiet time on a busy trip.
- You’ll be able to ride in the high occupancy vehicle (HOV) lane, a real bonus in Houston
- Charter buses are affordable—Because you share many of the costs of travel, charter buses are consistently more cost-effective than other modes of travel
- You’ll go green—When you travel by charter bus, you take a number of private vehicles off the roads, lowering carbon emissions.
At US Coachways, we have set the standard in the charter bus industry for more than 30 years. For a free estimate on a charter bus rental, visit our user-friendly online cost calculator. Call us at 1-855-287-2427 for answers to any of your questions or to get started with your reservation.
History…Culture…Great Food…World Class Sports…Endless Shopping—It’s All in Houston!
Founded nearly two hundred years ago, this city enjoys a rich history, as evidenced by its namesake, General Sam Houston. Take a trip just outside the city to historic Washington on the Brazos, where parties met back in 1836 to ensure the independence of Texas from Mexico. Visit the Johnson Space Center, with its Smithsonian Affiliate Museum, to learn much about the history of space travel in the United States. Tour the Battleship Texas State Historic Site, the first memorial battleship museum in the country. There’s also the Lone Star Flight Museum, with unique aircraft from the early days of flight.
The live theatre offerings in Houston are second only to what you’ll find in New York City. The 17-block Houston Theater District boasts nine professional organizations, a 130,000 square foot facility and brings in more than two million patrons every year. There’s also the museum district, with nearly 20 different attractions, from the Houston Holocaust Museum to the Museum of Fine Arts, and the Museum of Natural Science. You can enjoy popular music at a number of venues, from the Continental Club to the NRG Arena and Revention Music Center. The Houston Symphony performs at the Jesse H. Jones Hall for the Performing Arts.
The culinary scene in Houston has received national press in recent years, with one publication dubbing Houston as “the next global food mecca.” For one-of-a-kind places you’ll find only in Houston, check out the Capital Grille and the Breakfast Klub. Of course, you can’t come to Houston without visiting one of its celebrated steakhouses—the locals recommend Pappas Bros and Steak 48. But the diversity that’s becoming a part of Houston is also making its way into the local cuisine. You’ll find almost endless ethnic options, including Pakistani, Thai, Uzbek, Guatemalan, Sri Lankan, Russian, Nepali, Albanian and many others.
The 2017 World Champion Houston Astros play at Minute Maid Park. The Texans (NFL) and the Rockets (NBA) also call Houston home.
Shoppers will also find ample opportunities in H-town:
- The Galleria has more than 375 stores, including high-end retailers such as Louis Vuitton, Gucci, Tory Burch and Henri Bendel
- Uptown Park features boutiques, restaurants, wine bars and spas, from the Longoria Collection to Berripop and Crave Cupcakes
- West Avenue is a pedestrian-friendly neighborhood with a great mix of retail, fine dining and upscale apartments
The US Coachways Commitment
At US Coachways, we built our reputation and business on a commitment to provide our clients with unparalleled personal service and attention. When you rent a charter bus from us, you’ll get:
- Your own service team, with a single point of contact, dedicated to providing a swift and effective response to all your needs and concerns
- Full dispatch services at all times, 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- The use of the US Coachways online Trip Management Portal, where you can reference invoices, itineraries and information from all your US Coachways charter bus rentals in a single location
- The flexibility that comes from our extensive network of charter bus service providers. We can usually accommodate last-minute and real-time changes in your itinerary, and can typically book an entire trip with short notice.
- The benefit of our purchasing power—We arrange more than $55 million worth of charter bus trips every year. That gives us the vendor loyalty and market penetration to get highly competitive pricing.
We are also General Services Administration (GSA) approved, so we can set up charter bus rentals for the U.S. government and its agencies.
Choose a Charter Bus Rental for Any Excursion to Houston
The many benefits of charter bus travel—flexibility, dependability, comfort, safety and affordability—make it an outstanding option for any type of travel:
- Business events—Take employees to a convention, conference, business meeting, workshop, seminar, training session or team-building exercise with ease with a charter bus. It’s also ideal for company celebrations, from golf outings and picnics to holiday parties.
- Family gatherings—With a charter bus, you can use your time on the road to reconnect with family members. A charter bus is a great way to get people to and from a wedding, rehearsal dinner, engagement party, reunion, graduation, bar or bat mitzvah, birthday, anniversary or retirement party.
- School trips—When you’re taking a group of students to Houston or anywhere else, you’ll appreciate the safety and accountability a charter bus offers. It’s perfect for fan and athlete travel, club and class trips, prom and graduation after-parties, and cultural offerings.
- Senior citizen and retiree outings—A charter bus can offer a new lease on life to many elders, making it easy to go on a shopping trip, visit a museum or historical attraction, take in a concert or show, have fun at a casino or enjoy a fall foliage tour.
- Church outreach efforts—A charter bus lets the focus be on fellowship and service, whether it’s a mission trip, community volunteer work, a youth group outing or a choir tour.
- Once-in-a-lifetime events—Take the worry out of travel when you go to a professional or college game, a stadium or arena concert, a touring Broadway show, a festival, a NASCAR or other motor race, or a big public rally.
We’ll Work with You to Find the Best Coach for Your Group
Deciding to travel by charter bus is a great decision, but it’s just as important to make certain you have the right bus for your trip and your group. At US Coachways, we’ll look at the critical details of your outing—how many people are going, how long you’ll be traveling, what you’ll need to bring and take home with you, and any special needs of your participants. We’ll then go to our vast network of charter bus rental vendors to find the coach that best fits your needs.
Most small-to-mid-sized groups prefer the mini-bus, with seating for 24 to 35 passengers and ample space for luggage and personal items. Larger groups typically book the full-sized bus, with accommodations for up to 57 passengers. Multiple bus rentals are always an option.
Most modern charter buses come with basic amenities as standard features, such as climate control, plush high-back bucket seats and AM-FM stereo. The larger buses also come with luggage space underneath the seating, overhead bins, DVD monitors, a PA system and an on-board bathroom. Additional conveniences, such as Wifi, electrical outlets, leather seats, tables and hardwood floors, are available at an additional cost.
Make Your Reservation for a Charter Bus Rental to Houston Today!
For a big time in the biggest state in the lower 48, there’s no place better than Houston. When you travel on a charter bus from US Coachways, you’ll have the benefit of our three-plus decades in the business. We’ll give you a free estimate of the cost of charter bus rental to Houston—just visit our easy-to-use online cost calculator. For more information about the services we offer, or for answers to any questions about charter bus travel, call 1-855-287-2427 to speak to one of our experienced travel consultants.