The US Coachways Guide to the Big Apple
Times Square…the Statue of Liberty…Broadway…Yankee Stadium and Madison Square Garden. There’s no city in the world like New York City. Unforgettable dining experiences, world-class shopping and some of the most storied franchises in sports history. The opportunities are endless.
But do you really want to drive there, especially when you’re traveling with a group? Do you want to fight traffic while juggling a map or your GPS? There’s a better way to see the five boroughs—on a charter bus from US Coachways. We’ll handle all the details while you focus on one thing—having the time of your life.
Charter bus is the preferred way to take a group of people anywhere, and for good reason:
- It’s the safest way to travel—With professionally trained drivers and limited access to your coach, you and your personal belongings will always be safe and secure
- You have nearly unlimited travel options—Charter bus travel offers unparalleled flexibility in your travel. Tell us where you want to go, when you want to be there and how long you want to stay. We’ll take care of everything else.
- You won’t spend a lot of time stuck in traffic—your bus can use the HOV lanes to keep you moving
- You won’t have to worry about finding a place—we will drop you off at your destination
- You get to be on vacation—You won’t have to read a map or look at your watch. No worries about making connections or lost luggage because you’ll ride on the same bus for the entire trip.
- It’s most affordable way to travel with any sized group
At US Coachways, we’ve been the charter bus industry leader in the United States for more than three decades. Visit our free cost calculator or call one of our experienced agents at 1-888-340-9122 for a free quote or to book your trip to New York City.
See the Famous Sights in New York City
The Big Apple is full of those “once in a lifetime” places you want to see. From the Empire State Building to Rockefeller Center, from the Brooklyn Bridge to the National September 11 Memorial and Museum, and Central Park, they are the stuff of legend. Imagine trying to visit all those places on your own—when you rent a charter bus, we’ll escort you from one landmark to the next. We will arrange an itinerary customized specifically for you, so that you can go where you want to go and see what you want to see.
Broadway—The Ultimate Destination for Live Theatre
Experience the magic of the “Great White Way.” With more than 130 live theatrical productions along Broadway, your options are virtually endless. There’s The Phantom of the Opera, the longest running Broadway show in history, still in production since its debut in 1988.
Other current hits include Hamilton, The Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, Cats, Les Misérables and Frozen.
With a charter bus, you won’t have to worry about getting to the theater and finding a place to park. We’ll drop you off and pick you up right at the door.
A Mecca for Food Lovers
When it comes to dining in New York City, if you can imagine it, you can probably find it. Because the city has so much to offer, though, it’s hard to identify a signature dish. Here are some of the eats you don’t want to pass up on a trip to the Big Apple:
- Pizza—It may not have been invented here, but New Yorkers have perfected the pie. Everybody knows the classic New York style pizza, with the slices big enough to fold and eat like a sandwich. You’ll find pizza made about any way you can imagine, in 800 degree brick ovens and in wood-fired stoves. Look for about anything to be put on a crust, from lobster-topped pizza to spicy tuna sushi pizza to mac and cheese pizza. There are also parlors that serve nutella pizza, hot dog and fries pizza and even gorgonzola dolce dessert pizza.
- Bagels—There are New York bagels and then there’s everyone else’s bagels. Locals swear it’s the water that makes the difference. Once you’ve had one, you won’t have much of an appetite for those imposters you find elsewhere.
- Deli food—Pile the pastrami on rye, add a kosher dill, slather on some mustard or mayo and enjoy.
Of course, New York City offers about any ethnic eating experience conceivable, but Chinatown is as authentic as Beijing or Shanghai. The city also has an amazing array of food trucks, serving up everything from tacos to Belgian waffles to slushies to schnitzel.
Enjoy the Nightlife in the City that Never Sleeps
Whether it’s jazz, techno, hip-hop or electronic, it’s here. If you’re looking for place to dance or just somewhere to get a few cocktails, the Big Apple has it. Check out some of the most popular night spots:
- The Meatpacking District—This historic neighborhood in Manhattan has been around for hundreds of years and has seen growth, decline and rebirth. In its industrial heyday, it housed more than 250 slaughterhouses and packing plants. Officially known as Gansevoort Market, it’s now home to trendy restaurants and exclusive clubs.
- The East Village—Perennially one of the local nightlife favorites, the East Village has lots of small bars and restaurants that attract patrons of all ages.
- The Lower East Side—It’s a bit like the East Village, but a little more sophisticated. With lots of bars, restaurants and clubs, it’s a popular destination seven nights a week.
- Williamsburg—This hip Brooklyn neighborhood offers a bit of everything, from rooftop bars with a scenic vista of the city to hole-in-the-wall bars that serve cocktails with fried chicken.
- Bushwick—If you’re looking for a hot dance club, head over to this Brooklyn neighborhood.
With a charter bus, you can stay out until the wee hours of the morning and never have to worry about how you’ll get back to your hotel. We’ll be your designated driver, so that you can enjoy the full New York club experience.
New York City’s Top Seasonal Attractions
New York City is home to some of the most famous sports franchises and events anywhere on the planet. Visit Yankee Stadium or see the Mets play. The Jets and Giants play in nearby E. Rutherford, New Jersey, but that’s a short jaunt on a charter bus. The Knicks (NBA) and Rangers (NFL) both play at Madison Square Garden and the Brooklyn Nets are at the Barclay Center. Come to Flushing Meadows at the beginning at the beginning of September and catch the best tennis players in the world at the U.S. Open.
In November, join approximately 3.5 million people who line the streets and marvel at the giant balloons and other attractions in the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. Attending the parade would be a nightmare if you had to navigate traffic and find your own parking. With a charter bus, the three-hour event is a breeze.
The Rockettes at Radio City Music Hall are amazing any time, but particularly dazzling at Christmas. Their Christmas Spectacular includes unbelievable costumes and jaw-dropping choreography that runs from November through the end of December, with daytime and evening. The holiday season also includes the annual Christmas tree ceremony at Rockefeller Center, with performances by popular recording artists while onlookers wait for that magic moment when the gigantic spruce tree comes to life, sporting more than 50,000 sparkling lights.
A Charter Bus Is Ideal for Any Type of Occasion
When you’re traveling with a group, it’s absolutely essential that your transportation is handled efficiently and effectively, that your participants feel safe and secure, and that they get where they want to go when they want to be there. A charter bus rental offers advantages for groups of any size, and for any type of event, including:
- Family outings, from graduation parties to birthdays or anniversaries, from weddings and rehearsal dinners to family reunions
- Corporate events, such as conferences, conventions, meetings, team-building exercises and holiday parties
- School excursions, such as team athletic competitions, music program trips and club outings
- Stadium concerts or sports events
- Church outreach and travel
We Have the Right Coach for You
With access to the largest fleet of luxury coaches in the nation, US Coachways can match you with the bus that best fits your needs. From the 12 passenger Executive Sprinter Van to a mini-bus or a 57 passenger buses, there’s a coach that’s the right size for your group. We also offer a wide range of modern conveniences, from Wifi and docking/charging stations to PA systems, on-board bathroom facilities and state of the art stereo.
Contact Us to Book Your Charter Bus Trip to New York City
Whether you’re planning a day trip, corporate event or night out with friends, US Coachways has the right vehicle at the right price. To take the first step to set up your charter bus trip to New York City, call our toll free number at 1-888-340-9122 or go to our free cost calculator. One of our experienced agents will usually have a free quote for you in minutes.