Enjoy a Charter Bus Rental to the City by the Bay
While many cities promise a little bit of something for everyone, San Francisco delivers. Art, culture, music, food, craft beer, historical attractions, unique shopping experiences—there’s no place quite like the Bay City. When you’re taking a group there, though, the city’s storied streets can make getting around a lot of work. There’s a better way—on a charter bus from US Coachways. Have fun with everyone else while we handle all the details.
Make Your Outing to San Fran Easy with a Charter Bus Rental
When you’re planning a group excursion to Frisco, there’s nothing more important than deciding how you’ll get there and back. Everything else can go without a hitch, but all can be forgotten if there are problems with travel. Don’t take unnecessary risks—with a charter bus rental from US Coachways, you’ll have:
- Reliability—Unlike most other forms of transportation, cancellations and delays are virtually unheard of with a charter bus.
- Flexibility—There’s no other mode of travel that lets you decide when you’ll depart, how long you’ll be on the road, when you’ll stop and when you’ll leave. In most instances, you can make last-minute or real-time changes without a problem, or even book an entire trip with little lead time.
- Comfort—You’ll have high-back reclining bucket seats, climate control, plenty of leg room and wide aisles. There’s no middle seat on a charter bus, either, and you can move about at your leisure.
- Safety and security—Your driver has extensive training, a clean driving record and has undergone an extensive background check. Furthermore, there’s only one way on and off the bus, so you won’t have to worry about uninvited guests.
- None of the hassle of other modes of travel—There’s no TSA security checkpoint, so you won’t have to take off your shoes, empty your pockets or toss your shampoo. You’ll be on the same coach throughout your trip, and your luggage will go with you, so you won’t have to worry about missed connections or lost bags. Your devices won’t interfere with navigational systems, either, so you can stay wired at all times.
- An opportunity to relax with everyone else—Because your driver will handle all the details—directions, parking, schedules, etc.—you won’t have to check the GPS or look at your watch. We’ll get you where you need to be when you need to be there.
- More travel for your money—Because you share many of the costs of transportation with fellow passengers, charter bus rentals are consistently one of the most affordable ways to go anywhere.
- A positive impact on the environment—When you ride together on a charter bus, you reduce the number of private vehicles on the roads. That reduces carbon emissions, helping the planet.
Have a Truly Cosmopolitan Experience in San Francisco
Revered San Francisco journalist Herb Caen once wrote a tribute to his adopted city entitled Baghdad by the Bay, a testament to the city’s cultural resemblance to the ancient city of Baghdad, then one of the world’s truly cosmopolitan places. Though the city was founded by colonists from Spain and initially home to a number of Catholic missions, its birth as a cultural center came with the California Gold Rush of 1849.
Today, you’d be hard-pressed to find another city on earth with the social, cultural and demographic diversity of San Francisco. That translates to a teeming metropolis with a little bit of something for everyone:
- Culture and entertainment—San Francisco has long been a center for diverse musical offerings, from the rock shows at the legendary Fillmore West to the famed War Memorial Opera House. The city boasts hundreds of small clubs, offering almost any musical genre imaginable. The San Francisco Theatre District, which draws patrons from across the country and around the world, has numerous stages that sponsor local productions, as well as touring professional shows. Many consider San Francisco Ballet to be the premier troupe performing today.
- Historical attractions—Though the first Europeans came to the bay almost 250 years ago, there’s evidence of human settlement in the area more than 5,000 years ago. If you’re a student of history, you’ll find much in the Bay area to feed your passion. Check out Mission Dolores and the Mission District, San Francisco’s oldest standing building, built by settlers who arrived just days before the signing of the Declaration of Independence. Visit the Old Ship Saloon, built on the wreckage of The Arkansas, a whaling ship that went off course in 1849 and was towed to the shore. According to legend, a door was cut in the ship’s hull in 1851 and it became the bar that still stands today. Learn the origin and history of the city’s iconic cable cars at the Cable Car Museum, take a trip out to Alcatraz, or visit the Fairmont Hotel, one of the few structures to withstand the storied 1906 earthquake that left the city in ruins. Literary fans can stop by City Lights, the bookstore where owner (and poet) Lawrence Ferlinghetti hosted Jack Kerouac, Neal Cassady, Allen Ginsberg and other modern writers.
- A cornucopia of food and beverage options—It’s not just sourdough, coffee and chocolate, although those items are legendary here. Imagine any ethnic cuisine and you’ll likely find it here, from Norwegian or Pakistani to Tibetan, Sri Lankan, Austrian or Malaysian. Among the local favorites—the clam chowder in a sourdough bread bowl at the Boudin Bistro at Fisherman’s Wharf, and the Cioppino (an Italian seafood stew) at the Tadich Grill. The city is home to some legendary coffee shops, such as Flywheel Coffee Roasters and Saint Frank Coffee, but San Francisco has also embraced the craft beer revolution, with more than 20 artisan breweries in the city, from the Triple Voodoo Brewery and Tap Room, with 16 beers rotating on its taps, to the Laughing Monk, known for its Californian and Belgian ales.
- Opportunities to enjoy the great outdoors—From Golden Gate Park and Mission Dolores to the hills in the Marin Headlands, from Big Sur to Point Reyes and the Russian River Valley, there are endless opportunities for hiking, relaxing or just taking in the breathtaking vistas.
- Eclectic shopping experiences—San Francisco boasts many shopping districts, where you can find a wide range of items. The Embarcadero, located in the neighborhood once known as the “Barbary Coast,” offers many unique emporiums built from converted hulls of Gold Rush steamers. Fillmore Street mixes high-end boutiques, antique stores, and resale shops for the truly cosmopolitan shopping trip. Take a trip back to the psychedelic 60s in the Haight Ashbury neighborhood, where hippie retro sits side by side with vintage and one-of-a-kind fashion stores.
A Charter Bus Rental—An Excellent Choice for Any Excursion to San Francisco
A charter bus is an outstanding option for any type of travel to the Golden Gate City:
- Business and corporate travel—Conferences, conventions, business meetings, training sessions, workshops, seminars, team-building exercises, team goal reward outings and company celebrations
- Family gatherings—Weddings, rehearsal dinners, engagement parties, graduations, reunions, bar and bat mitzvahs, birthdays, anniversaries and retirement parties
- Senior citizen trips—Concerts, plays and other cultural events, shopping excursions, museums and historical attractions, casinos, fall color tours
- School travel—Athletic competition, student volunteer work, prom and graduation after-parties, class and club trips, and cultural offerings
- Special events—Bowl games, college and professional sports, pavilion and arena concerts, motor car races, festivals and public rallies
- Church ministries—Mission trips, community volunteer projects, choir tours, youth group outings and fellowship events
The US Coachways Advantage
For more than three decades, we’ve had an unwavering commitment to provide customer service and attention that’s second to none. When you ride with US Coachways, you’ll have the benefit of:
- Full dispatch services 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- A dedicated service team to respond to all your questions and concerns—you’ll have a single point of contact at all times
- The US Coachways Trip Management Portal, an online tool that allows you access to invoices, itineraries and other information about all your bus rentals in a single location
- Our flexibility—Because of our strong relationships with vendors across the country, we can often make last-minute and real-time changes to your travel plans without difficulty. We can also book entire trips with short notice.
- Our purchasing muscle—We book, on average, more than $55 million in annual charter bus rentals. That gives us the vendor loyalty and local market exposure to get you competitive pricing.
We are also General Services Administration (GSA) approved to provide charter bus rental services to the United States government and its agencies.
The Right Bus Makes All the Difference!
You won’t find another mode of transportation that offers all the benefits you get with a charter bus rental. But it’s also important to make certain you have a coach that meets your needs. When you work with US Coachways, we’ll take the time to learn the details of your outing—how many people are going, how long you’ll be on the road, what you need to bring and what you’ll take home, and any special needs of your participants. Then we’ll go to our extensive network of charter bus vendors to find the coach that’s best for you.
If you’re going to San Francisco with a small to medium-sized group, opt for the mini-bus. They come in a range of sizes, seating 24 to 35 people, and have climate control, high-back bucket seats and plenty of storage. For larger groups, the full-sized bus is ideal, with accommodations for up to 57 people, storage above and below the seats, climate control and an on-board bathroom. Multiple bus rentals are always an option.
The different types of coaches come with different standard amenities, but you can almost always add features for an additional cost. That includes Wifi, electrical outlets, hardwood floors, DVD players and mobile satellite television. We can also secure buses that are ADA-accessible. Check with your booking agent to see what’s available.
Make Your Charter Bus Rental Reservation for San Francisco Today!
The sooner you book your trip, the more options you’ll have. For a free estimate on the cost of a charter bus rental to San Francisco, go to our easy-to-use online cost calculator. To learn more about the services we offer or to ask any questions about charter bus rentals, call 1-855-287-2427 to speak with an experienced travel consultant.
At US Coachways, we bring more than 30 years of experience in the charter bus rental business to individuals, businesses, groups and group leaders nationwide.