Charter Bus Rental Pricing
If you're planning a trip with friends and family, you know that the smart way to go is with a charter bus rental. A charter bus is ideal for any excursion, whether you're headed to a business conference, gathering family members at a birthday, anniversary or graduation party, going to a concert or a big game, or taking a group vacation. There are a lot of factors you'll need to consider and one of the most important is cost, which can vary based on a wide range of features, including the type of bus you select—executive mini-coach, mini-bus, school bus, executive bus or charter bus.
How Much Do the Different Types of Buses Cost?
The coaches available through US Coachways are designed to meet different needs and offer a range of amenities, all having an impact on the cost of your charter bus rental:
- The Executive Mini-Coach—Our executive mini-coach is the best way to combine business with pleasure. It's ideal for company outings, workshops and conferences and business meetings. You can expect all the conveniences, from spacious leather seats to meeting tables, from audio-visual equipment to great sound systems. Our executive mini-coaches have climate control and many offer on-board bathrooms. These luxurious buses accommodate 24 to 30 passengers and rent for $115 per hour, though prices may vary based on location and market.
- The Mini-Bus—We have three different sizes of mini-buses—the 24 passenger, the 28 passenger and the 30-35 passenger coaches. These vehicles are well-suited for mid-sized group travel, such as small family reunions or celebrations, team travel and small business outings. Most of our mini-buses offer climate control and have a full complement of modern amenities, from DVD and CD players to Wifi, from iPhone and iPod hookups and charging stations to P.A. systems. Our 24 passenger mini-bus rents for $75 to $85 per hour; the 28 passenger costs $85 to $95 hourly; and the 30-35 passenger runs $95 to $105 per hour.
- The Executive Bus—Our executive bus accommodates between 25 and 30 passengers, offering a luxury travel experience. This coach rents for $175 to $250 per hour, depending on location and availability.
- The School Bus—Our school buses are the perfect mode of transportation for adults or children, with room for up to 44 adults and as many as 60 youngsters. There's plenty of storage space below the seating for musical instruments, sports equipment or luggage. Some have on-board restroom facilities, and some have climate control. You can rent a school bus through US Coachways for $55 to $70 per hour, based on location and market.
- The Charter Bus—Our charter buses are the ideal vehicle for large group travel, seating 49 to 57 passengers comfortably. These coaches include climate control and can offer a wide range of amenities, from Wifi and iPod hookups to P.A. systems and DVD players. Charter bus rental prices typically range from $100 to $150 per hour, but may vary based on location and market.
Factors that Affect the Cost of a US Coachways Charter Bus
Though the hourly fee for any type of coach will vary from city to city, there are a number of other factors that have an impact on the total cost of a charter bus rental:
- The length of your trip—US Coachways offers two billing options based on the length of your trip—we can charge you by the number of hours/days you are gone, or by the total number of miles traveled. In most instances, for a one day event, such as a bachelor party or a graduation trip or a game or concert, that's within an hour or two of your point of departure, you'll pay an hourly fee, with a minimum number of hours billed—usually five hours. On the other hand, your trip there and back is an all-day affair, the billing is based on total number of miles driven.
If your trip requires an overnight stay anywhere, you'll most likely be billed by the day. Furthermore, for those excursions where your group is spending a night or more in a hotel, you'll be required to pay for accommodations for your driver(s). Government regulations prohibit bus drivers from being on the road more than ten hours consecutively without a minimum of eight hours off. Accordingly, if you want to be on the road for more than ten hours in a row as you travel to your destination, you will need to pay for an additional driver.
- The size of your group—Regardless of the number of participants in your outing, we have the coach to meet your needs. Multiple coach rentals are always an option, too. To travel efficiently, though, you don't want a lot of empty space, so you want to select a coach that has enough room for your group and your stuff, but doesn't leave you half-empty.
- The time of year—In the charter bus business, there are peak seasons and off-seasons, just as in any other industry. Those seasonal variations are often based on geography—there's more demand for a charter bus rental in Florida in January or February than there is in New York, but that all changes in the summer. April through September tend to be busier just about everywhere, with graduations, family reunions and weddings. We also see more charter bus rentals around holidays, particularly Memorial Day, the 4th of July and Labor Day.
It's not just the season, though, that can have an impact on the cost of charter bus rental. There's more demand for coaches on weekends than during the work week, so costs are typically higher for Friday through Sunday rentals than Monday through Thursday rentals.
- The special needs of your group, if any—Most of our coaches are equipped with modern conveniences, such as Wifi, smartphone hookups and DVD players. There are, however, other options that can affect the overall cost. Some of our coaches include on-board restroom facilities, and we have party buses that offer dance floors, fully functional bars and high-end sound systems.
- Your point of departure. Some of the country's large metropolitan areas are older and have relatively narrow roadways, making it difficult or impossible for our larger coaches to navigate the turns and twists. In those areas, you will likely have fewer charter bus operators, and fewer options. There may be no charter bus rental providers in your town. If so, you'll have to bring on in from another location, and may incur what is known as a "deadhead" fee, the cost when a bus has to travel with no passengers aboard.
- Are you traveling one-way or round trip? As a general rule, it's more affordable to have us pick you up and drop you off at the same place. If you do have to schedule a one-way trip, you'll likely have to pay the deadhead fee for the coach to return to its city of origin.
- Other expenses—There will often be other expenses associated with your trip—parking, toll roads or other expenses, These will be added to your final bill. Furthermore, it's fairly standard, but not necessary, to tip your driver. A customary tip is 10% of the total cost of the charter bus rental.
Start Your Reservation Today
At US Coachways, we have a huge network of service providers throughout the United States, providing top of the line ground transportation services to more than 21,000 events every year. Our highly professional agents can walk you through the process, answering all your questions and helping you ensure the success of your excursion. For more information or to obtain a free quote, call us at 1-855-BUS-CHARTER (1-855-287-2427) or visit our automatic cost calculator.