Taking a Tour around the Best Attractions in Alabaster, AL in a Charter Bus
Discover Hidden Gems, Learn about Historical Sites and Explore Calming Parks in Alabaster, AL
Alabaster is a short drive away from cities like Pelham, Helena and Hoover so there is always something to do, some place to see, a new restaurant to check out and a fun place to bring the kids to. And that is how the city’s pioneer, George L. Scott, Sr. saw the city when he pointed out that he wanted to set up his shipping company, Scott Rock, in Alabaster, an unknown area at the time. In fact, early developments like homes and businesses were set up to cater to his employees and it wasn’t until 1952 that there was a need for a bank, The First Bank of Alabaster. And the city has definitely come a long way since then.
Today, visitors can enjoy paintball games at Central Alabama Paintball Park, have an ice-skating expedition at Pelham Civic Complex, ponder over famous artwork at Insky’s Thomas Kinkade Gallery, have a weekend of fun playing tennis at Pelham Racquet Club or have a relaxing time with the family while enjoying the waterfall of Peavine Falls. Suffice to say, the city boasts of many places to have social gatherings and other fun events...and the best thing is that these are some of the most affordable and well-maintained facilities and amenities in Alabama too. So, if you are a wedding planner or event organizer looking for a reliable ground transportation company to work with for your future projects in Alabaster, head on over to the US Coachways Fleet page and check out the charter buses, mini buses, school buses, party buses, limousines, vans and other exotic vehicles we have available for you. We hope to work with you in the near future.
Here are the Top Things to do when Visiting Alabaster, AL
We know it is a challenge trying to find out what are the best places and historical points of interest to check out when you are in town and that is precisely why we have shortlisted some of the city’s best iconic landmarks, sports venues, parks and recreation centers you may want to check out during your visit below.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — You don’t have to wait for it to be someone’s birthday party to check out Central Alabama Paintball Park; as the referees man the paintball themed games areas, you can let kids spend at least a few hours giving each other a challenge. You will get to enjoy five fields including a town field, spools field, hyperball field, target area as well as two PSP/NPPL airball fields. It will be an amazing place to have a birthday bash. To catch the latest installment from Hollywood or independent films from all around the world, the place to be is AmStar Cinema 14 on Colonial Promenade Parkway. It has a full-stadium seating with digital projections, 3D screens, game room and facilities for birthday parties. The weather in Alabaster can be humid and hot and there will come a time when you start looking for indoor recreation centers like the ice-skating rink at Pelham Civic Complex. Come catch an ice-hockey tournament or learn how to navigate your way around in skates if you get the time; this attraction is particularly pretty at the end of the year and Christmas. Alternatively, you can enjoy some bowling, arcade games or have a fun birthday bash at Oak Mountain Lanes or head over to Game Zone for laser tag. For even more action with the kids, we think it will be a blast at Roller Motion Skate Center where there is a 15,000 square feet worth of roller motion skate center, concession stands as well as venue for fun birthday parties.
- Art & Culture — Thomas Kinkade is a popular local artists with a strong following in the region and if you are interested to check out his masterpieces, bring the charter bus to Hoover, AL, where Insky’s Thomas Kinkade Gallery is located. It features both original work from the artist as well as limited edition works for sale. To make the deal even sweeter, you can hold a birthday party or a social gathering at this popular attraction too.
- Restaurant & Shopping — The Blue Building offers visitors a place to shop for unique trinkets, gifts, antiques, clothing, jewelry and lots of accessories that you can buy as souvenirs for your family and friends back home. The city boasts of countless cuisines that can be easily found throughout the city center and they include traditional burger from Ruby Tuesday at Colonial Promenade Parkway, barbeque pork and brisket at Jim ‘N Nick’s Bar-B-Q, Italian Lasagna Bianca from Joe’s Italian, mouth-watering sweet and sour chicken from Panda House, delicious tacos and burrito from Los Angeles Burrito, crispy and crunchy pizza from Bucks Pizza of Alabaster and fresh sushi and sashimi at Mizu Japanese Steakhouse.
- Golf Courses & Sports Venues – Are you looking for a place to exercise or play a few rounds of tennis? Organize a group trip out to Pelham Racquet Club with school-going children or teens. This attraction features approximately 30 tennis courts to choose from which ranges from grass to clay surface. Sometimes, there are tournaments and sometimes outreach programs and parties.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — If you are trying to find a place to get some respite from busy city life, organize a weekend trip to Buck Creek trail, whether you are in it because you love nature or looking for a workout option, there is tons of fun to be had. This is where you will get to enjoy more than 3 miles worth of walking, jogging and biking paths and because the trail connects both Buck Creek Park and Warrior Park, visitors will get to kill two birds with one stone. There are playgrounds for young children to play in, suitable place for strollers, pets and also a senior center with ramps for wheelchairs. Alabaster’s Veteran’s Park is located along Highway 119 and it features nearly 90-acres worth of facilities with baseball and softball fields, concession stand, press box, walking tracks, trail, playground and an arbor for everyone to enjoy. If you want to jog, play tennis, walk or have a picnic, another option to consider would be Joe Tucker Park which is located a short drive away in Helena. There are also historic lodge cabins for visitors to use so, it is very quiet, calming and a really relaxing experience. Pelham City Park is similar to the former attraction but has a scenic creek and paved paths for bikes. If you enjoy waterfalls or are a photography enthusiast, we strongly recommend a trip out to Peavine Falls where there is a 65-foot tall waterfall or go fishing or enjoy the beach area at Oak Mountain State Park instead.
- Other Points of Interest — If you are up for a scare or an experience that you will remember for a long time to come, book a tour with Warehouse31. This attraction is a haunted home with thrills and frights of all types including a Monster midway, Rigamortis and 3D experience. For even more fun, check out the fire pits, paintball park, corn home and scary movies that they show throughout the year. With this attraction, everyday is Halloween.
Finding the Best Charter Bus Rental Package for your Events in Alabaster, Made Easier and Simpler
One of the many benefits of using a ground transportation company like US Coachways to help you find the best budget-friendly and professional charter bus rental package for your events in Alabaster is knowing that we will help you save not just money, but also time. To get started, pick up the phone and call our customer service representatives at 1-855-BUS-CHARTER
or let us send you a quote over email by completing this simple Contact Us
form right now!