Sail into Annapolis on a Maryland Bus Charter
Rent a Bus to Enjoy the Food and Sites of the Chesapeake Bay
Known as “America’s Sailing Capital,” Annapolis is located on the shores of the Chesapeake Bay, which is famous for its crab cakes, lighthouses and 500 miles of gorgeous shoreline. Yet Maryland’s capital city offers more than seafood and sailing.
Take a trip back in time to the days when the city was a colonial seaport. Tour the campus of the U.S. Naval Academy or the Maryland State House, the oldest state capitol still in use. Take in the symphony, sail through the downtown art galleries, shop or try your luck at the new Maryland Live! casino.
And if its roller coasters you want, don’t miss Six Flags America in nearby Largo.
With our extensive fleet, from mini buses to large luxury coaches, and personal customer service, you can depend on US Coachways to take the worry out of your travel plans. Our affordable bus rental rates make us an ideal choice for community groups, school trips and church organizations as well as bachelor parties, wedding activities, anniversaries and other special events. We offer city bus charters to locations throughout Maryland, including Baltimore, Frederick and Ocean City. Simply tell us where you want to go, when you want to arrive and how you want to travel and let our accounts specialists, dispatchers and drives handle the rest.
Sailboats, Seafood, History & More
Annapolis has more surviving 18th century buildings than any other city in the United States. Still, historic homes and landmarks aren’t the only attractions and points of interest worth a visit. Below is a short rundown of things to do and see during your travels through Annapolis.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — Annapolis offers more than one kind of excitement, from the gaming tables and live music at Maryland Live! Casino to the clubs along West Street, the heart of the city’s arts and entertainment district. If you’re looking for chills and thrills, an hour’s drive will land you in Largo, home of Six Flags America. US Coachways is the official charter bus company for the famed theme parks.
- Arts & Cultural — The Annapolis arts scene has gone to the birds, well sort of. When not perusing the city’s collection of outdoor murals, visiting downtown galleries or taking in a performance by the Annapolis Opera at Maryland Hall of Creative Arts, take time to view the West Street Chickens. These large, decorative chickens have roosted here since 2012 as a mix between public art project and political protest.
- Restaurants & Shopping — From West Annapolis to Eastport, the downtown of Maryland’s capital city is home to a thriving restaurant scene and an array of unique and chic shops. Scour the upscale clothiers at the Annapolis Town Centre or hit the outlets at Arudel Mills in nearby Hanover. Looking for a day trip? Head to downtown Bethesda where more than 700 retailers, restaurants and galleries await your patronage.
- Golf Courses & Sports Venues — Annapolis doesn’t have its own professional sports team. FedEx Field in nearby Landover is home to the championship Washington Redskins football team. Still, the long-standing football rivalry between the Naval Academy and West Point is the stuff of legends, as is the school’s 34,000-seat football stadium. Golfers can tee off at many public courses in and around Annapolis.
- Historic Sites & Landmarks — The nickname “Museum without Walls” refers to the bevy of landmarks throughout the city that put visitors in touch with four centuries of history and architecture, from the Maryland Capitol to the homes of the state’s signatories of the Declaration of Independence and the grounds of the U.S. Naval Academy.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — Annapolis and the surrounding area stretching along the Chesapeake Bay are a haven for anyone who loves watersports, from sailing and power boating to swimming, fishing and jet skiing. Head to City Dock to charter a boat or take a kayak out along the South River. Looking to stay on land? Hike the trails that wind through Quiet Waters Park or explore the award-winning gardens at Wheaton State Park.
Call Today to Reserve Your Annapolis Bus Charter Rental
Explore the delights of Annapolis on a US Coachways bus charter rental. You can depend on us to provide a smooth, safe and comfortable ride at great bus rental rates. Our professional account specialists are available 24/7 to answer your questions. For a free quote or to book your bus charter trip, contact us today at 1-855-BUS-CHARTER (1-855-287-2427)