Explore Athens on a Georgia Bus Charter
For Art Lovers, History Buffs & Nature Lovers, an Athens Bus Rental is the Way to Go
The vibrant college town of Athens, located at the foot of the Blue Ridge Mountains, offers breathtaking natural wonders, a cutting-edge art and music scene and trendy shops and eateries.
A featured stop on Georgia's Antebellum Trail and the Heartland of the Confederacy Civil War Trails, the city's historic sites include 15 neighborhoods on the National Register of Historic Places.
Whether you’re planning a family vacation, a friend’s bachelor party or a corporate event, US Coachways, with its extensive fleet of party buses, mini buses and 56-seat coach buses, caters to groups of all sizes. We provide bus charters to locations throughout Georgia, including Atlanta, Savannah and Augusta. Our superior customer service, luxury amenities and great bus rental rates make US Coachways an ideal choice for community organizations, church groups, school trips and team travel as well as special events such as weddings festivities, anniversaries and birthday celebrations. Give us your itinerary and then sit back and enjoy the ride as we take the worry out of your travel plans.
A Perfect Blend of Culture, History & Outdoor Beauty
Replete with history, trendy restaurants and a thriving arts scene, the city known as Georgia’s Civil War Capital also boasts charming botanical gardens, outdoor activities and great shopping. Below are but a few of Athens’ many points of interest.
- Amusement Parks & Entertainment — The grand Classic Center Theater hosts touring Broadway shows and headline entertainers. Of course, being a college town, Athens has a superior local music scene. The Georgia Theatre and the 40 Watt Club, noted by Rolling Stone magazine as one of the nation’s best rock clubs, have hosted bands such as R.E.M. and the B-52's, both hometown success stories.
- Arts & Culture — Visit its many galleries and art museums to find out why Athens has been named one of America's Top 25 Arts Destinations by the readers of AmericanStyle magazine. See renowned artwork at the Georgia Museum of Art, and peruse the downtown galleries, boutiques and restaurants that display creations by local artists. In the mood for a show? The historic Morton Theatre, the oldest vaudeville venue in the United States, hosts live theater, concerts and more. Or take in a performance by the Athens Symphony Opera at the Classics Center.
- Restaurants & Shopping — For great shopping and food, head directly to the Boulevard Historic District, where you’ll find everything from small cafes to trendy restaurants as well as art galleries, salons and craft stores. The Cobbham District is home to a variety of cuisines from seafood to vegetarian to down-home southern cooking, making it a haven for foodies. And don’t miss the Georgia food walking tours that include dinner and entertainment.
- Golf Courses & Sports Venues — The University of Georgia is home to NCAA action in numerous sports. For great golf outings, the University Golf Course is both beautiful and challenging and regarded as one of the best university courses in the United States.
- Historical Sites & Landmarks — With 15 neighborhoods on the National Register of Historic Places, history buffs have plenty to do and see in Athens. Visit the city’s many fascinating historic homes. The Athens Historic House Museum Association offers a collective ticket for tours of four sites. The Morton Theatre, the oldest surviving vaudeville theater in the United States, is a must see.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — A popular destination for families, Memorial Park has nature trails, swimming, a zoo, grills, picnic areas, a playground and more. For bird watching, gorgeous gardens and beautiful nature trails, a visit to the 313-acre State Botanical Garden of Georgia is a must. Looking for an interesting day trip? The Antebellum Trail Bicycle Route winds its way through some of Georgia’s most scenic antebellum towns.
- Zoos & Aquariums — Spend some quality time with Georgia’s native wildlife at Bear Hollow Zoo in Memorial Park.
- Other Points of Interest — Looking for something truly unique? Check out The Tree That Owns Itself, a white oak tree in Athens widely assumed to have legal ownership of itself.
Book Your Athens Bus Charter Now & Save
Booking a bus charter with US Coachways is both fast and simple by phone and online. Reserve your bus charter today for the best pricing. Our friendly and professional account specialists are always on hand to help reserve your mini bus, party bus or luxury coach bus. For a free quote or to book your trip, contact us at 1-855-BUS-CHARTER (1-855-287-2427).