Aurora, IL Bus Rental Company
The City of Lights Brings Visitors Countless Surprises and Hidden Gems
Once, considered merely a mid-sized city with a growing manufacturing industry, today, Aurora is ranked as the 46th fastest growing city in the country. Its city limits have gone on to include DuPage, Will and Kendall counties, it was given the nickname ‘City of Lights’ because it was one of the first cities to implement electric street lights. The city is divided by the West Side, East side and the Kane/DuPage County.
Aurora is home to an impressive number of historical landmarks including structures designed by renowned names like George Grant Elmslie, Ludwig Mies van der Rohe, Frank Lloyd Wright and Bruce Goff. This is also your chance to visit all-steel homes in Lustron community and a unique riverside casino, The Hollywood Casino Aurora.
When visiting Illinois, guests are encouraged to catch world-class performances at historical Paramount Theater, connect with the locals at Riveredge Park, get some shopping done at the various farmers markets or bring their family and friends for a splashing good time at The Splash Country Waterpark.
With so many amazing yet affordable attractions, points of interest and event venues, customers are spoilt for choice when it comes to choosing the right place to have their weddings, anniversaries, birthday celebrations, corporate functions, business meetings, exhibitions, group gatherings, bachelor or bachelorette party and other types of group events. Don’t forget to give US Coachways a call to find out how we can become your ground transportation partner during those events.
A Myriad of Attractions – Museums, Historical Homes, Waterparks and More in Aurora IL
It is difficult to decide which is the best attraction in Aurora IL because of the sheer number of points of interest there are to visit. We have short listed a number of landmarks and historical sites to visit during your visit, so, check them out below.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — As a historical building, Paramount Theater on East Galena Boulevard has seen through aspiration, admiration, accolades, decline and finally restoration and recognition. It had its beginnings in 1915 when some far-sighted theater companies came together to realize their vision of starting a Venice-themed theater for moving pictures. It offers a series of plays, musicals, concerts, vaudeville, sing-a-longs and circus performances throughout the year. Paramount Theater was recently named one of the Chicago’s top ten theaters by League of Chicago Theaters. There are countless eateries and cafes located within short walking distances from this majestic theater. Looking for a place to connect with the locals, shop, relax and enjoy some entertainment? The place to head to would be Riveredge Park. It stands by its tagline of ‘A River That is a Park, A Park That is a River’. Many professional green-thumb locals and architects have lent a hand in making this a wonderful, family-friendly outdoor gathering and entertainment spot.
- Restaurant & Shopping — What’s different about the farmers market in Aurora is that visitors do not have to wait till the weekend to get great deals or enjoy local fanfare. The farmers markets are open on different days in different locations - Aurora Farmers Market Downtown, Aurora Farmers Market East, Aurora Farmers Market West and Aurora Market Place. So, even if you miss one, you can always catch it in another place, on another day.
- Golf Courses & Sports Venues – Looking for a fun recreational activity in Aurora IL? Try bringing the group to Aurora Skate Center located on Montgomery Road for a few rounds of skating to modern Top 40 music and get grooving during its dance sessions.
- Historical Sites & Landmarks — There is nothing like learning how things work in a fire department to get the adrenaline and curiosity going. If this rings true with you, it is time to bring the charter bus group to Aurora Regional Fire Museum located on North Broadway Street. It features a huge variety of tools used by firemen during an operation and there are numerous interactive exhibits to keep kids and adults entertained. The exhibit that takes the spotlight at the museum would be the ‘Getting There, Getting Water, Getting Rescued’ exhibit. It traces the steps needed to be carried out in a chronological order – which means that visitors will get to see the evolution of tools and technology used by firefighters. Kids will be delighted to try out sirens, air horns, check out smoke masks and also marvel at modern firefighting apparatus at the same time. You can always count on Aurora Historical Museum on Cedar Street to educate visitors all about the city’s rich history. The exhibits recount city’s background like clock-making and beer brewing all under one roof. Stay tuned and come back to the museum another time because the exhibits undergo changes every other month. Stepping into Tanner House Museum almost always takes visitors back into a different era. Located on the corner of Oak and Cedar street, this Italianate-style house was built in 1857 as a home to William Tanner and his family. Tanner was an extremely important and much respected business man. The family stayed on in the home until 1936, after which it was donated to Aurora Historical Society and thereafter named as one of the country’s historical landmarks. Very different from the typical American home, this Aurora landmark features European-style high ceilings, immaculate woodwork, unique decorations and antique furnishing.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — The Splash Country Waterpark is a stone’s throw away from yet another outdoor attraction, Blackberry Farm. This waterpark is extremely popular with the locals and brings you a six-lane zero-depth pool, kids’ play area, lazy river, sprayers, dumping buckets, tube and flume slides, bubbling rapids, waterfalls, kid-friendly play area with spray guns, volleyball courts, sand play area, lap-lane pool and more. Blackberry Farm is a combination of a theme park and historical museum because it aims to educate children through fun demonstrations and hands-on activities. Let the kids loose on its adventure playground with a series of decks, slides, ropes and bridges connecting to multiple playhouses and levels. The farm is also proud of its Discovery Farm filled with chickens, sheep, piglets and baby goats. Pioneer Cabin, on the other hand, offer activities like oven cooking, candle dipping, soap-making lessons, butter-making demonstrations and a beautiful heirloom garden.
- Zoos & Aquariums — If you are bringing kids along with you during your trip to Aurora, we strongly recommend bringing them to Philips Park Zoo at Ray Moses Drive and it has a great golf course for visitors to have a game or two. Admission into the zoo is free of charge and it features lots of running space and large playground for little kids. Come get up close and personal with animals like the Harris hawk, bald eagle, peafowl, turkey, peregrine falcon, mountain lion, north American river otter, gray wolf, pygmy goat, California king snake, Burmese python, eastern garter snake, bull snake, American alligator, red eared slider, spotted gar, bullfrog, common corn snake. Get in touch with the zoo’s administration if you are organizing a group tour like a school field trip and scouting group visits. A 2 week notice for group tours is required.
- Other Points of Interest — SciTech Hands On Museum can be found on W. Benton Street and the sprawling 30,000 square feet building is home to more than 200 science and technology-based exhibits. The building used to be a historical post office before it was turned into a museum and now, visitors can get to experience what a real tornado feels like, have gleeful fun in a hot air balloon simulator, test out the Shadow Wall, measure the speed of a ball that you just pitched, build a mountain, learn about how lakes are formed and much, much more! It has certainly come a long way since its inception by Ernest Malamud in 1987. When the kids are all tucked up in bed, the adults can try their luck out with the games at Hollywood Casino on W. New York Street. Needless to say, there are night entertainment, dining and party options in the attraction.
Making Your Priorities Ours – Personal Treatment for our Aurora Customers
One of the best thing about working with US Coachways as your ground transportation service provider is that we have the capacity to provide bus rental customers with their own sales representative and a dedicated project manager to help make the bus renting process a smoother one. Find out more about this service by giving us a call at 1-855-BUS-CHARTER or send us an email when you complete our Contact Us form.