Taking a Tour around Some of Bessember’s Top Attractions in Complete Comfort
Visit the City’s Fun-Filled Water Park, Interesting Historical Sites and Art Centers
Bessemer is located a little south of Birmingham and to the west of Hoover, two of Alabama’s largest cities; therefore, visitors may want to bring the charter bus for a quick visit to the attractions in those cities too. Blessed with moderate climate all year round, any time is a good time to organize a trip to this charming, warm and friendly city. And whilst the Bessemer Civic Center has year-round performances, art events and cultural festivals to cater to the needs of its residents, you can expect more than just art and cultural attraction here.
If you have kids with you, don’t miss the chance to organize a weekend trip to Alabama Adventure, a revived water and theme park located in downtown Bessemer. It’s a great opportunity to take on the countless thrill rides, family-friendly amenities as well as slides and pools. Visitors can also catch the latest movie at Premiere Cinema, go bowling at Oak Mountain Lanes, have a laser tag game at Game Zone, enjoy a baseball game at Hoover Metropolitan Stadium or take a 20-minute drive to marvel at the natural environment at Moss Rock Preserve and Waterfalls.
US Coachways has been providing our charter bus rental customers all around the country with reliable, professional and budget-friendly bus rental packages for decades and we cater to events like wedding receptions, birthday parties, anniversaries, school field trips, church retreats, social gatherings, road shows, promotional events, bachelor or bachelorette parties as well as corporate functions and business meetings. Give us a call to find out more about how we can help you find the best-priced charter bus, mini bus, party bus, school bus, limousine, van or other exotic vehicles for your event, be it big or small. We look forward to working closely with you for your up-coming projects and events.
Here are Some of the Most Fun things to do in Bessember, AL
You have come to the right place if you are researching about things to do and historical points of interest
to visit in Bessemer. Here are some suggestions and tips about the most fun attractions to bring the charter bus to in Bessemer, AL!
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — Whether you have kids and teens with you during your trip to Bessemer, taking the charter bus to Alabama Adventure is a must for an afternoon of fun. This 50-acre entertainment complex was revived in 2003 after some major improvements and now, it features theme parks, water park, game areas including laser tag field and an indoor arcade game center. Come experience rides like Rampage, Upsurge, Splashdown, Neptune's Plunge, Kahuna's Waves, Salamander Bay, Castaway Island, Mist-ical Maze, Wipeout Adventure Course, Warrior River, Whacky Coaster, Jump Around, Vintage Boats, Mini Helicopter, Junior Bumper Boats, Rio Grande Train and The Vault Laser Maze Challenge. For some indoor fun and games, try organizing a trip out to Roller Motion Skate Center instead. This attraction first opened its doors in 1995 and today, in its 15,000 square feet facility, visitors will get to do some skating on hardwood skate floor; it has a large number of options as far event venue is concerned. For something simpler and less taxing on the body, we reckon you can catch the latest movie at Premiere Cinema or Tannehill Premiere Cinemas instead. You can also head over to Oak Mountain Lanes for a few rounds of bowling and arcade games or give yourself a challenge of laser tag game at Game Zone in downtown Pelham. Better yet, if you are in for thrill and chills, visit Warehouse31, a haunted venue with fun action like Monster Midway, Rigamortis and 3D haunted movie experience.
- Restaurant & Shopping — Looking for a place to hang out with your friends or have a bachelor or bachelorette party in Bessemer? Check out this cosy, intimate and friendly bar, Gip’s Place. It is one of the most unique and entertaining night spots in town offering LIVE entertainment and a good selection of drinks. You don’t have to have a love for potato chips to enjoy your trip to Golden Flake Company. Organize a field trip where kids learn, up close and personal, about how potato chips are made and also get their hands on yummy cheese puffs and puff corns after the trip. Bessember has a thriving night and dining scene in its downtown area. You can sample burgers, fried shrimp and seafood gumbo from restaurants like Boateng’s Cajun Creation, dig into Greek and Southern dishes like fried snapper almondine from Bright Star Restaurant, sample mouth-watering barbeque at Bob Skyes Barbeque, order some traditional fired-up Mexican chicken wings and delicious sandwiches from D’s Tamales Togo or discover a whole world of Southern home-style cooking at Angela’s Southern Style Cooking along Palmer Avenue.
- Golf Courses & Sports Venues – Oxmoor Valley Golf Course is a 54-hole golf course located in a stone’s throw away in Birmingham, AL. The course is known for its 150-feet elevation changes throughout the course and has three different courses to choose from: Ridge Course, Valley Course and Short Course. You don’t have to look very far if you are a fan of sports of baseball because all year round, there are bound to be games going on at Hoover Metropolitan Stadium in Hoover. It was previously known as Regions Park and is a 160,000-seater stadium, home to the Hoover High School football team. If there isn’t a game on, you can also catch the young athletes training and in action. Another sports stadium in close proximity is Rickwood Field Park in Birmingham. The latter ballpark is a historical attraction that dates back to 1910 when it was home to Birmingham Black Barons; today, it plays host of countless community events as well friendly ballgames. Legions Field, also sometimes referred to as the ‘Old Gray Lady’, is a historical sports attraction built in 1927; it is home to University of Alabama in Birmingham and has hosted, over the years, many historical and memorable sporting events.
- Historical Sites & Landmarks — If historical and iconic landmarks is of interest to you, don’t miss the chance to bring the charter bus to Doughboy Monument at DeBardeleben Park. The statue and monument was erected in 1922 as a dedication to the brave residents and countrymen who have served the country during World War I and it provides foreign tourists with many photograph opportunities. This life-size monument is, indeed, inspiring and definitely something you want to remember long after your trip is over.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — One of the most popular outdoor weekend destinations in and around Bessemer is Moss Rock Preserve and Waterfalls, approximately 20 minutes drive away in the rented charter bus. You can have a field trip together with your students or have a weekend outing with your friends. This public outdoor recreation area features 250-acres worth of managed natural forest and calming stream eco-system. There is, for sure, lots of space to hike, run or jog. If you love gardens, visiting Aldridge Botanical Gardens comes highly recommended by some of our charter bus rental customers. It has more than 30-acres worth of natural environment for countless plant species, a lake and well-maintained walking trails.
Quick, Easy and Affordable Ways to Rent a Bus in Bessemer, AL - US Coachways
US Coachways works with a wide network of charter bus rental operators, drivers and dispatchers and we are confident that, with our state-of-the-art system, our customer care representatives can help secure a charter bus for your event. To get started, call us at 1-855-BUS-CHARTER or Contact Us
by completing this online request form on our website.