Taking a Comfortable Charter Bus Tour around the Last Authentic Coastal City of South Carolina
Delight in the Sights and Sounds of the City’s Busiest Boardwalks, Waterways and Beaches
The town had its first beginning in just one square mile and it was known only as Old Town, sitting on a bluff on May River. Today, Bluffton is one of South Carolina’s fastest growing municipality and many of the residents are proud of the fact that its eclectic Old Town District is one of the most natural ways to get a good view of May River. It is called ‘the last true coastal village of the South’. Due to its year-round friendly humid subtropical weather, any time is a good time to visit the city and due to its location, it is a popular destination for vacationers, families and tourists. The city has a rich history during Colonial era and the country’s Civil War so, when you make your way through forts and museums, you will learn about a time when the city was resided by the Yamasee people led by Scottish settlers in Beaufort and also learn about the Yamasee War before they migrated to Florida. Also due to its strategic location, during the Civil War, Confederate soldiers took control of the area because it was where they could gather direct information and intelligence about the Union. The Civil War brought down many historic structures around the city and only two churches and eight antebellum homes remained. In 2005, the city was recognized as a Preserve America city through a federal program that encouraged community efforts to preserve the country’s rich culture and historical assets. So, if you love history, do not miss the chance to check out Altamaha Town, Bluffton Historic District, Church of the Cross and Rose Hill Plantation. You should also make time for the LIVE performances held at May River Theater or become a part of local events like Bluffton Village Festival, Christmas Parade, Historic Bluffton Arts and Seafood Festival and May River Cleanup. Other educational historic sites in Bluffton includes the Huger-Gordon House, Seven Oaks, The Carson Cottage, The Patz Brothers House and Heyward House and Historical Center.
Most of these attractions and historical homes are used for social events and corporate functions, whether it is a wedding reception, birthday party or a conference, the beautiful homes are available throughout the year. Of course, don’t forget to rent a charter bus for a tour around the beautiful historic district or make use of a school bus or mini bus for a fun and educational field trip to the region’s top parks and indoor recreation centers too. For those who are touring Bluffton in a large group, US Coachways has just the right coach or party bus for you too, waiting to roll out to help make your event a more smooth-sailing one. All you need to do now is to give us a call or complete a simple enquiry form and you are well on your way!
There’s Never a Dull Moment in Bluffton as there is an Ample Number of Indoor and Outdoor Activities
Bluffton presents visitors with a wonderful array of fun indoor and outdoor activities for people of all ages. You can head out for some kayaking, fishing, bring the kids for a thrilling ziplining experience or have a birthday party in a historical home, these points of interest are affordable, well-maintained and ready for you to use as an event venue.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — While Bluffton is one of the most beautiful coastal cities in the state of South Carolina, there are indoor and outdoor attractions for people of all ages to enjoy. You can bring the kids and youth to the bowling alley and arcade at Station 300 or let the kids bounce around on inflatable play structures, slides and obstacle course at Island Playground, one of Bluffton’s top kid-friendly attraction in the region. For a thrilling outdoor adventure, go zip-lining with Zip Line Hilton Head Aerial Adventures instead. The experience will give you a full 2 hours of thrilling ziplining above a beautiful scenic wooded areas. It doesn’t, however, have to be all blood-pumping activities - there is a myriad of old and new movies being shown at SeaTurtle Cinemas in downtown Bluffton which offers visitors a quiet respite from the busy city life. There’s even a fun arcade you can pop by for some fun and games with your family and friends.
- Restaurant & Shopping — The beautiful thing about visiting a southern city like Bluffton is that the experience of shopping in the downtown area is like stepping back into a different time. The Old Town Bluffton is a historic district in South Carolina and as you stroll along the streets, you are treated to blocks upon blocks of art galleries, old and new shops, charming family-friendly retail outlets, tour company headquarters, souvenir shops and museums. A completely different experience can be had at Tanger Outlets Hilton Head, which offers visitors anything ranging from branded items to leather goods, fine diners to designer boutiques. On Thursdays of the summer season, the Bluffton SC Farmers Market is open so, this is your chance to shop for local produce like fresh vegetables and fruits, honey, baked foodstuff and also arts and crafts made by the locals. Along the way, there are coffee outlets and cafes for you to grab a quick bite from before doing even more window shopping.
- Golf & Sports — Bluffton is a true haven for golfers and outdoor lovers. There are, literally, countless golf courses for you to enjoy and it includes the May River Club at Palmetto Bluff. It is a luxurious golf campus and resort and features hill adhesion and a safe, stable course for people of all skill level to enjoy while Hilton Head National is a world-renowned, expansive and luxurious golf facility and is often frequented by professional golfers, mainly southeastern United States or you can take up professional golf lessons from the best at Old South Golf Links or enjoy the golfing facilities provided by Crescent Pointe Golf Club. The golf course at Eagle Pointe Golf Club was designed by Davis Love III, a master championship course designer, so, you know you are in for a great time when you golf here or bring the charter bus to Island West Golf Club for a fun and relaxing day-out with fellow golfers. Pinecrest Golf Course is a semi-private club known for its amazing layout and friendly customer service, Okatie Creek Golf Club was designed by Mark McCumber in 1995 with 18-hole course over lakes, pines and marshes while Rose Hill Golf Club is dedicated to providing golfers of all skill levels a fun time playing in a scenic and relaxing atmosphere. Old Carolina Golf Course has been identified as the ‘best place to play’ by Golf Digest and Melrose Golf Course and is a Jack Nicklaus Signature Course.
- Historical Sites & Landmarks — The gorgeous Rose Hill Mansion is not just a historic site and mansion, it is frequently used as a wedding venue because of its sheer elegance and beauty. Visitors can join the tours and social events held on site when they are available and in fact, there are guest cottages for rental. Robert Mills Historic House and Park is one of the few attractions within Columbia district that is listed under the National Register of Historic Sites and the architecture has been winning praises from all around the world ever since it was built. It is the result of the first architect who was born and bred in the United States and today, it is one of the country’s most prominent buildings. If you love history, bringing the charter bus to Fort Mitchell is a must. The fort was actively used during the country’s Civil War and the remnants of which displays the six cannons from 19th century. So, bring out your cameras and snap away!
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — Being a coastal city, you can expect nothing short of a long list of fun water-related activities and attractions to enjoy when visiting Bluffton. Folly Field Beach Park is both a beach and a park and here, visitors can enjoy a walk along the boardwalk after swimming at the beach or you can take on a fishing tour with the people of Tallboy Fishing Charters. They have decades of experience under their belt so, the guided fishing tours are fun and educational for amateurs and seasoned fishermen alike. Forecast Charters, in the meantime, can be found on Hilton Head Island and they offer fly fishing trips, deep sea and inshore fishing expeditions. And if fishing is not your favorite thing to do when in town, be sure to contact Palmetto Bay Watersports to enjoy some kayaking, boating, wave-running and maybe take on a dolphin watching tour. Other activities you can enjoy is crabbing and shrimping with May River Excursions or go on an ecology and conservation paddle tour with Lowcountry Paddle Tours.
All US Coachways’ Representatives are Trained on Both Federal and State DOT Guidelines
To ensure the safety of all passengers, US Coachways’ representatives and staff, including our account executives are well-trained on both Federal and State DOT regulations. This means, when you contact us for a charter bus, mini bus, coach, party bus, school bus or mini bus, you know that you are in good hands. The vehicles are modern, comfortable and comes with modern amenities to ensure your complete comfort too, so, give us a call right now to find out more!