Charter Bus Trips around Hoover Dam and Ragtown’s Top Attractions
Fine Dining, Parties, Trips to The Strip and a Skydiving Challenge is Right Up in Boulder City, NV
Because of the region’s harsh weather and landscape, nobody really saw the area that Boulder City is situated in as a feasible city. The main reason the area was developed was because they needed a place to house workers who were commissioned for the Hoover Dam along Colorado River and because they were housed in tents along the river, it was collectively known and referred to as ‘Ragtown’. The construction of the dam, as we all know, was monumental and it became clear that they needed to come up with a temporary town for the workers. With that in mind, there were no plans for the setting up of stores, schools and churches anywhere near the city limits, especially near those with lower class status workers. In fact, if a worker was injured during the course of working at the dam, they would have to be transported 33 miles to the nearest hospital which is the Las Vegas Hospital. Things changed after the dam was completed and from 1960s onwards, slowly, women were allowed into the town and authorities started relinquishing control. Boulder City remains to be one of the two cities in the state of Nevada that prohibited gambling, however, some were built right outside of the city limits and they are the Hoover Dam Lodge Hotel and Casino and Railroad Pass Hotel and Casino. Boulder City, to the surprise of early settlers and workers, the city has been named one of the top 25 places to retire in the country, as awarded by the renowned Money Magazine. Today, visitors will get to enjoy a large number of leisure and recreational activities when visiting Boulder City and it includes two large municipal golf courses, the Boulder City Municipal Golf Course and Boulder Creek Golf Course as well as a string of bike tracks, mountain hiking trails, athletic fields and water-related activities around the scenic Lake Mead. Other popular activities includes ATV tours, helicopter rides as well as skydiving trips offered by various professional operators. For fun local events, coming highly recommended are the ‘That Dam Guy Stole My Dam Car’ race and ‘Get Off My Dam Lawn’ which is a gardening festival.
With so many modern facilities, event venues, beautiful landscapes and iconic landmarks, Boulder City is truly one of the best locations for wedding receptions, birthday parties, bachelor or bachelorette parties, team-building events, field trips and church retreats. Give US Coachways a call right now and we will show you how our charter buses, party buses, mini buses, coaches, school buses, limousines and exotic vehicles can help make your trip and event a far more memorable one.
Boulder City City Center and Hoover Dam are Some of Nevada’s Most Endearing Attractions
The city is located in a desert area very near Lake Mead and Colorado River so, visitors are assured of the fact that, apart from trips to The Strip, there are other points of interest to visit in Boulder City and they come in the form of indoor recreation centers, a water park, unique trails and historical museums.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — There are activities like splashing around in a water park and bowling in Boulder City - enough fun activities to keep everyone entertained and happy. Cowabunga Bay-Water Park is only approximately 20 minutes drive away from Boulder City’s city center and the public park provides patrons with beaches, bays, a lazy river, pools and thrilling water slides and if that isn’t enough, drop your young children off at Kids Quest instead. The attraction leaves parents with the chance to do some shopping and engage in their own adventures as it is one of the largest per-hour child care provider in the country - you can have the peace of mind of knowing that they offer creative play sessions, gym, reading and also lots of fun educational hands-on activities. Visitors can also opt for bowling at either Boulder Bowl along California Avenue or Strike Zone Bowling Center which is located within Sunset Station Hotel and Casino. While Boulder Bowl is a more intimate bowling center, Strike Zone offers a sprawling bowling alley with 72 lanes to choose from. There’s also arcade games, craft beer and a full restaurant at Hi-Scores Bar-Arcade in Henderson and venue for birthday parties at the play structures at Run Plus Fun.
- Restaurant & Shopping — Nevada Way is THE place to be if you are looking for a place to grab a gift, some food and enjoy a great variety of local stores. It is located along the former main route to Hoover Dam and now, this is where you can get homemade candies, souvenirs as well as antiques and as far as unique American Desert Whiskeys are concerned, you can always count on the reputable Las Vegas Distillery. Take a tour around the distillery, attend whiskey-making classes and sample all the different spirits available at the attraction. Hungry for local delicacies and food from all around the world? Head on over to Fox Smokehouse BBQ for traditional burgers, mac and cheese and cowboy fries, Little City Grille for traditional American delicious club sandwich with sweet potato fries, Chilly Jilly’z where there’s everything from ice-cream to sandwiches, China Bistro for top quality Chinese cuisine, Milo’s Cellar where they offer wonderful wine or Evan’s Old Town Grille for Italian and Greek delicacies.
- Historical Sites & Landmarks — Of course, when one is trying to understand a whole new city that they are visiting, making trips to the city’s top museums and iconic landmarks is a must. For Boulder City, you can learn about The Hoover Dam and the technology used at the Mike O’Callaghan-Pat Tillman Memorial Bridge. The bridge measures up to 2,000 foot long and offers visitors an unprecedented view of the Black Canyon. The Boulder City Hoover Dam Museum has interactive exhibits offering insights into the building of this monumental and inspiring structure while the Clark County Heritage Museum has exhibits relating to the city’s historic homes and it includes replicas of historic buildings and even the ghost town along a mining trail. Making your way to the inspiring observation points along the Hoover Dam is a must but don’t forget to bring along your cameras for snapshots and if you are a photography enthusiast, you will never forget your trip to this amazing historic site. One of the biggest factors that contributed to the city’s growth is the building of the Nevada Southern Railway and now, there are tours around the historic sites offered from Boulder City and when the tour around in the air-conditioned or open-air coaches are done, head over to Nevada State Railroad Museum for a quick look-around.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — There are lots of unconventional and not-to-be-missed outdoor activities to engage in when you are in Boulder City and one of them would be helicopter rides! From the helicopter, people will get unprecedented and hard-to-forget views of the desert and you can do it with tour providers like Serenity Helicopters and 5 Star Grand Canyon Helicopter Tours. Visitors can enjoy their lunch and champagne which touring the city during sunset. Another fun activity visitors should make time for is ziplining courses in Boulder City and these are provided by Flightlinez Bootleg Canyon. Soar above the desert land at the speed of up to nearly 60 miles per hour as the course takes you above Lake Mead and the Vegas’s ever-popular The Strip at nearly 4,000 feet above sea level and if you have ‘skydiving’ on your bucket list, this could be your chance to check it off the list. Take on the adventure with Skydive Las Vegas which is the longest running skydive center with experienced instructors. The plane takes visitors up to 12,000 feet off the ground and as you soar your way down, you will see Nevada’s top attractions like Mount Charleston, Vegas Strip, Hoover Dam and the Valley of Fire. To cool down after such an unforgettable adventure, take a dip in the river with Evolution Expeditions Kayaking; they have several options for patrons and you can take your pick from Lake Mead, Lake Mohave, Black Canyon or Colorado River and with Boulder City River Riders, the eco-tour can be done either on a kayak or a canoe. Hemenway Park has a children’s playground for young visitors, a gazebo, sports court and a fantastic view of Lake Mead and for even more adventure, you can hike your way up to Goldstrike Hot Springs. The rock formations, caves and desert scenery that you will see along the way is postcard-ready scenes and when you are done, there’s the impressive hot springs near Colorado River. Lake Mead National Recreation Area is a part of an important National Park Service and visitors can do some boating, canoeing and fishing. There’s also a hiking trip around Hoover Dam and a desert area with interesting ecosystems to learn about. Patrons can also opt for ATV tours which will take you around Eldorado Canyon and Nellis Dunes; worry not if you have young children with you, there are child-size ATVs too. Hiking up to Arizona Hot Springs is not open during summer months because of intense summer weather but if you are visiting during spring time, the hike up to the several pools of mineralized water of the hot springs will be well worth the effort in the end.
- Zoos & Aquariums — Lions are one of the most treasured and majestic animals in the world and when you are in Boulder City, you will get the chance to learn more and interact with these animals. In fact, the lion trainers have lots of stories and lessons to share with visitors at The Lion Habitat Ranch in neighboring Henderson, which is only about 30 minutes drive away in a rented charter bus.
Leading the Way as One of the Country’s Most Respected Ground Transportation Companies
US Coachways, with our decades of experience of providing top quality ground transportation services in most major cities in the United States, including Boulder City, have garnered positive feedback and loyalty from our regular charter bus rental customers and we hope to serve you at your events in the near future. Wait no more, contact us today and let’s get started with planning your events, tours, travels and parties with the help of bus rental services today!