A Bowie MD Charter Bus Tour Saves Time and Money for Visitors
Visit Interesting Local Museums, Savor Delicious Delicacies and Check out a Baseball Game in Bowie MD
Bowie’s growth as a city continues to surprise people from larger cities simply because it has grown exponentially from being just another railroad junction into a city which is the third largest city in the state of Maryland. Decades ago, Bowie was mostly known as a vast piece of land with a smattering of tobacco plantations and small farms; hence, it is safe to say that the city’s survival and growth depended largely on its robust and healthy agriculture sector. There is much to do outdoors when in Bowie because the city has more than 2,000 acres of land designated as parks and open spaces. In fact, there are 72 ball fields, an ice arena, Bowie Center for the Performing Arts, a golf course and 3 community centers. Bowie was home to popular artists like Kathy Lee Gifford, Eva Cassidy and JC Chasez of N'Sync.
Bowie shows visitors that a city does not need to have a catchy phrase or tagline in order to be interesting. Visitors will find Maryland’s Bowie a delightful and warm city where things like hidden gems will open minds, eyes and thoughts. Take the rented charter bus from US Coachways to sites like Bowie’s very own Six Flags America theme and Water Park, or tour the city’s surrounding vineyards for a wine-tasting adventure.
If time is of essence, give US Coachways a call right now and let us find you a charter bus, party bus, coach charter, sleeper coach, tour bus, mini bus, school bus or other comfortable ground transport to cater to your event, be it a large corporate function in Bowie or a small church outing.
Bowie’s Attractions with a Local Flavor
Forget about looking for huge packed malls in Bowie because when it comes to visiting Bowie, it is almost always about historical buildings and having some outdoor fun. Let us help you put together points of interest to check out for your up-coming trip to Bowie MD.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — Run by one of the largest theme park companies in the country, Bowie’s Six Flags America is smaller but no less fun. The attraction is located on Central Avenue in Bowie’s sprawling metropolis and features a multitude of thrill rides, family rides, kid rides, water theme park rides, live entertainment and all-year-round events. Bring the kids along for a day full of fun and outdoor recreation. This is also the perfect time to catch a good performance from local talents at The Bowie Center for performing arts at Annapolis Road.
- Restaurants & Shopping — One can never run out of options when looking for a good affordable restaurant in downtown Bowie but visitors can try out Half Note Lounge which provides great food, full menu and entertainment. Jerry's Seafood is a good location and venue for birthdays and other group events and also fresh seafood dishes. Thinking of something more exotic and different? Get the charter bus driver to bring you around to Ichiban Sushi Asian Bistro which has a host of Japanese food and incredible types of sushi dishes; but for Chinese delicacies, try Bowie's Hunan Delight instead.
- Golf Courses & Sports Venues – Prince Georges Stadium is better known as the home for Bowie’s Baysox baseball team and visitors will get the chance to get to enjoy an up-close-and-personal game as the stadium, which first opened its doors in 1994, is a 10,000-capacity baseball stadium. The location of the stadium is in close proximity to a few military bases including the United States Naval Academy, Fort George G. Meade and Andrews Air Force Base. Sometimes, its venue is used for special military events. The management organizes regular kids-related events, educational programs, sporting activities like youth baseball camps and Louie’s Kids Club events throughout the year.
- Historical Sites & Landmarks — In this day and age of the internet, do something grounding and educational like bringing the rented charter bus to Bowie’s National Capital Radio and Television Museum to learn about the world’s earliest communication and entertainment tools. Discover Marconi’s earliest wireless telegraph machine and system which dates back to the 1920s, explore post-war portable equipments like radios and small television sets. The main aim of the museum is to document and showcase the world’s (and Bowie’s) history of broadcasting which we have, for most of us, forgotten all about. It will be an eye-opening experience for young teenagers and little kids. It doesn’t matter whether you are a fan of train stations, Bowie’s Train Station Museum is sure to get your train of thought chugging along as you explore and learn about the country’s railway history. However, the small museum is run by volunteers and is mostly open only during weekends. If you find it closed, head over to the neighboring Visitors Center and it is yours to explore on your own. Sites and buildings like this contains significant value to the city of Bowie, simply because the city was founded as merely ‘just another railroad junction along the way to bigger cities’.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — Looking for a good-size park to bring your family to during summer vacation in Bowie? You can look no further than Bowie’s Allen Pond Park which can be found on Northview Drive, a short drive away from the busy city center. Paddle boats are available for recreational use during summer months; otherwise, families of all ages and sizes should take advantage of its pond, short walking trail and a hilly climb for outdoor enthusiasts. Other amenities available at the park includes an amphitheater, ball fields, basketball court, fishing facilities, picnic sites, playground, grills, horseshoe pit
Wide Selection of Vehicles to Suit Our Customers’ Changing Needs
Although US Coachways does not own or operate the charter buses rented out, we work closely with a large number of bus owners, operators, businesses, dispatchers and drivers to ensure that we will have the right charter bus for any event. Speak to our customer service agents when you call 1-855-BUS-CHARTER or send us a quote request from the Contact Us page on our website. We look forward to working closely with you in the future.