Explore Bridgeport on a Connecticut Bus Charter
A Bridgeport Bus Rental Makes a Great Ride for Art Lovers & History Buffs
Situated on Long Island Sound, Bridgeport is a small city with plenty to offer travelers. It is home to the only zoo in Connecticut. The Captain's Cove Seaport offers seafood dishes and a boardwalk lined with an array of shops. Enjoy the sandy beaches at Seaside Park, minor league baseball and great museums.
Head in either direction on Interstate 95, and you’ll find even more to enjoy, from Yale University’s great architecture and New Haven’s exciting restaurant scene to high-end boutiques in Greenwich and historic homes in Norwalk.
Whether you’re planning a school trip, a corporate event or a night out with friends, US Coachways can be relied on from the first step to the final stop. From minibuses to 56-seat luxury coach buses, we offer city bus charters to locations throughout Connecticut, including Hartford, Essex and Waterbury. Superior customer service and affordable bus rental rates make US Coachways a great choice for community organizations, church groups and team travel as well as special events such as bachelor parties and birthday celebrations. We handle groups of any size. Our account specialists are available at all hours to help with your reservation. All you need to do is enjoy the ride.
Be It Baseball, Beaches or Museums, There’s Lots to Do in Bridgeport
From the New York Rangers farm team to the beaches on Long Island Sound to the renowned art and theater scene in New Haven, there is no shortage of sites and delights in Bridgeport and nearby towns. Below is a rundown of various points of interest and attractions.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — There’s plenty for adults and children to find entertaining in Bridgeport, from concerts and performances at the 10,000 seat Webster Bank Arena to the races at Shoreline Star Greyhound Park and the aerial rope courses at Adventure Park.
- Arts & Cultural — The many galleries and museums at Yale University are bound to impress any art lover. Still, there’s much more to see and do beyond the Ivy League campus. The famed Shubert Theater showcases some of Broadway’s biggest hits. If the fine arts are your passion, peruse the collections at the Housatonic Museum of Art in Bridgeport as well as the Fairfield Museum and the Bruce Museum in nearby Greenwich.
- Restaurants & Shopping — Grab some fried seafood at Bridgeport’s Captain’s Cove Seaport while trolling the nearby shops or try the fare at one of the upscale restaurants in the city’s Black Rock district. There are high-end boutiques to explore along Greenwich Avenue in Greenwich and Norwalk’s waterfront has evolved into a food and shopping destination for the hip and trendy.
- Golf Courses & Sports Venues — Oak Hills in Norwalk is regarded as one of Connecticut’s finest municipal golf courses. Cheer on the Bridgeport Bluefish from the bleachers at Harbor Yard or head to the Greenwich Polo Club, which hosts public matches every year in June and July.
- Historical Sites & Landmarks — Yale University is one of the oldest colleges in the United States, with a list of noted alumni from former presidents to Oscar winners. But there’s much more to attract history buffs to the area, from the Glass House in New Canaan to Bridgeport’s Black Rock historic district (listed on the National Register of Historic Places). Don’t miss the 62-room Lockwood-Mathews Mansion in Norwalk, famed as America’s first chateau.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — If you’re looking to hit the beach, try Sherwood Island State Park in Westport or Bridgeport’s Seaside Park. Hike the trails at the Audubon Society’s 295-acre sanctuary in Greenwich or watch the birds at Lighthouse Point Park in New Haven.
- Zoos & Aquariums — Whether its fish or a furry creature, animal lovers can rejoice. The Beardsley Zoo in Bridgeport has more than 300 animals on display from a Siberian tiger to barnyard critters. The Maritime Aquarium in Norwalk features sharks, seals, sea turtles and other animals from Long Island Sound.
- Other Points of Interest — Fond of Pez? See the world’s biggest exhibit of the candy’s memorabilia at the company factory in Orange. The Barnum Museum in Bridgeport herald’s the life of the famed showman, while the Knights of Columbus Museum in New Haven explores religion.
What’s the Holdup? Book You Bridgeport Bus Charter Rental Today
Arranging a bus charter with US Coachways has never been this easy. From a party bus to a coach bus with luxury amenities, our account specialists are on hand any time any day to help you make your bus rental reservation. For a free quote or to book your trip, contact us at 1-855-BUS-CHARTER (1-855-287-2427) today.