Take a Trip to Bristol, VA on a Charter Bus Rental From US Coachways
Bristol, VA, has the Best Kid-Friendly Attractions and Historical Motor Speedway
The vibrant city of Bristol is home to some of the region's most historical sites, museums and outdoor attractions. It sits near the Tennessee and Virginia borderline so, in effect, many tourist attractions in the state of Tennessee are only a short drive away; it is a sister city of Bristol, Tennessee.
When it comes down to providing tourists and visitors with fun, educational and entertaining attractions, diners, restaurants, cafes, malls and historical landmarks to explore, Bristol, VA, has its own charming spots. You can bring your group out to Twin City Drive-In Theater to catch a movie in a nostalgic way or Abingdon Cinemall Movie Theaters with their modern technology. The William King Museum: Center for Art and Cultural Heritage has more than 40 unique touring and permanent art exhibits for art lovers and visiting Tipton-Haynes Historic site will definitely be an enlightening and eye-opening experience, whether you are a history lover or not.
Most attractions, parks and cultural centers in Bristol, Virginia are used for events, festivals, parties, wedding receptions, and cultural road shows. If you are looking for a reliable ground transportation company to work with for your future Bristol, VA, events, give US Coachways a call right now and let us help you find an affordable, budget-friendly charter bus, mini bus, coach charter, school bus, tour bus, wedding limousine, prom limo, airport transfer or other exotic hard-to-find luxury vehicles.
Fun and Exciting Things to do in Bristol, VA
Whether you are visiting the city with kids, teens or doing a solo trip, there is surely something to do in the city and they come in the form of diners, theaters, art galleries, historical landmarks and homes and recreational parks. Here, we have summarized some not-to-be-missed points of interest to check out during your visit.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — There aren't too many of these establishments left in the country so, if there is time for you to do so, head out to Twin City Drive-In Theater for a walk down memory lane, a classic way to catch a movie. Even the kids are going to find the experience unique and refreshing. There is no need to step out of the car as there is a radio frequency that you can tune into and catch the audio in the car or charter bus. The modern alternative would be to visit Abingdon Cinemall Movie Theaters where the locals find the latest movies. One of the highlights of visiting Bristol is a trip out to Bristol Motor Speedway and if you are game for an adrenaline-charged time, book up a spot with Richard Petty Driving Experience where you will see for yourself what a real race around the speedway is like. There are also countless fun experiences for young kids at Putt-Putt Fun Center where you can have a day full of laughter with young children as well as Leaping Lizards Family Entertainment Center with its inflatables and private rooms for birthday parties. Fender's Farm and Corn Maze would make for a fantastic spot for field trips and church outings and there is a small petting zoo, paintball and sugar pie decorating and hay rides to enjoy.
- Arts & Cultural — The William King Museum: Center for Art and Cultural Heritage is the perfect attraction for art lovers. It is located a short drive away in Abingdon and features nearly 40 different and distinct art exhibits which are curated and permanent. You can also get your hands on creative arts and craft and original paintings at One Of A Kind Gallery whereas there is a wide variety of traditional paintings, metal work and pottery at 606 State Street Gallery for everyone to admire. If you are keen on ceramics, check out Kiln Time Contemporary Ceramics Studio or bring the bus to Jonesborough Art Glass Gallery to find out how ordinary items like soda cans and assorted metal items can be turned into beautiful artwork. There are more wood-work, ceramics and paintings at Cindy Saadeh Fine Art in Kingsport, TN.
- Restaurants & Shopping — Organizing a group party, bachelor or bachelorette party or a birthday gathering? Check out the Holston River Brewing Company which is located near Bristol Motor Speedway, a perfect place to end an exciting day-out. There's LIVE music and good brews for everyone set in a comfortable setting. For some shopping, head on over to Village Antiques and Home Decor where you can find a host of paintings, antique items and collectibles at good pricing. It is also hard to deny the fact that the dining scene is as vibrant and diverse as it comes. Try out traditional American meals at Brooklyn Grill and Cafe, gluten-free pizza from Mellow Mushroom, the famous Manhattan Roll from Osaka Japanese Restaurant, awesome steaks and wings from Quaker Steak and Lube, delicious Ranch Salad and sandwiches from Mexican diner Graze, Italian and Mediterranean cuisine at Alfredo's along Commonwealth Avenue or awesome Chinese cuisine at Shang Hai Chinese Restaurant along State Street.
- Golf Courses & Sports Venues — You don't have to have a dream of being a NASCAR driver in order to enjoy a visit to Bristol Motor Speedway, one of the most outstanding attractions in the region. Just about anyone will have a fun time at this attraction, from toddler to teen, grownup to the elderly.
- Historic Sites & Landmarks — We are sure that you are going to find visiting some of the city's historical sites fun and enlightening. For instance, you can make a stop at Tipton-Haynes Historic site to enjoy the late Colonel John Tipton's 18th century renowned house and outbuildings or take the kids out for a field trip at George L. Carter Railroad Museum. You will also see some textbook historical facts come to life at Jonesboro History Museum where there are antique guns, weapons and agricultural artifacts and if there is time, make a pit-stop at Unicoi County Heritage Museum in Erwin which is a century old house with permanent and touring memorabilia in the form of pottery and dug-up railroad artifacts. .
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — Whether you are having a summer holidays or visiting Bristol with your friends, adventure seekers and outdoor lovers should not miss the chance to make it to Bristol Caverns. It is a quiet location for busy travelers with an intimate gift shop at the end of the trip. Another not-to-be-missed scenic location is the South Holston Dam which will provide photographers with postcard-ready scenes of wildlife and nature. Fly fishing is another activity you can enjoy while enjoying Mother Nature's best. When the weather permits, organize a weekend day out picnicking at Steele Creek Park with 2,200 acres worth of recreational center or have a fishing trip at South Holston River Lodge. Take full advantage of Whitetop Creek Park's 1.5 miles of walking trails, baseball, softball and soccer field or bring your fellow travelers to Cumberland Square Park to enjoy the scenic rolling greens, children's theater, fountains, gorgeous picnic areas and music pavilion. For mountain biking, climbing and camping, making a trip out to Sugar Hollow Park is always a good choice and if that is too packed, there is another convenient site at Virginia Creeper Trail. Exchange Place is a humble, unassuming farm and ranch located in Kingsport. Visiting this attraction allows patrons to experience Appalachian life during the 20th Century; it is, however, only open from May to October every year.
Booking a Charter Bus in Bristol, VA - Simple, Convenient and Affordable with US Coachways
US Coachways has decades of experience, friendly customer service consultants who are available 24/7 and the technology to make bus rental in Bristol, VA, effortless. Reserve your very own charter bus completely online by using our state-of-the-art online bus reservation system, give us a call at 1-855-BUS-CHARTER or complete this contact us
form and we will get back to you promptly with a quote.