Burlington, IA Charter Bus Rentals
Bring the Charter Bus out for a Tour, Weekend Outing or a School Field Trip
Burlington is home to Snake Alley which is, to this very day, known as the most crooked and most unique alley in the world. It was home to the Sac and Fox Native Indians before the emergence of the first European settlers. The Indians named it Shoquoquon. Like many other cities in Iowa, the Indian settlement was found by the popular Lewis and Clark Expedition who followed along the Missouri River before discovering the area. Lt. Zebulon Pike, on the other hand, led an expedition along Mississippi River and found the bluffs right below the current Burlington. The first few European settlers, after the Black Hawk Purchase, were Samuel White, Amzi Doolittle, Morton M. McCarver, A.T. Andreas, John Gray and William R. Ross. It was, however, John Gray who gave the city the name Burlington, after his former home city in Vermont. In his journal, Major William Williams, described the city a well built city with tasteful buildings and homes laid on an elevated part of the river and it offers picturesque view from the river. The city already enjoyed brisk visits from steam ferry ships that were plying the river. At the time, Burlington has become, unknowingly, become a bustling river port during the steamboat era as it connects cities like Chicago, Burlington and Quincy Railroads. It wasn’t until 1977 that there was a quick rise in number of residents when it underwent the process of suburbanization, especially when the city saw the building of Westland Mall in West Burlington. Many of the historic buildings located in downtown Burlington were restored, preserved and added to the National Register of Historic Places and they include sites like the Burlington Railroad Depot, Des Moines County Courthouse, Burlington Fire Department, Port of Burlington Building and The Capitol Theater, just to name a few.
When its is time to gather the relatives or have a company event in Burlington, you can opt for the intimate setting provided by Digger’s College City Bowl where you can have a bowling party while others make use of the arcade center or bring the charter bus to Muscatine Aquatic Center which is a popular local water park with rides and slides of all types. Visitors can also catch the LIVE shows at Memorial Auditorium, view some inspiring art at University Art Gallery or head out to Des Moines County Historical Society to learn more about the region’s history, culture and art. Western Illinois Museum is extremely popular with schools and religious organizations as it offers students and visitors an inside look into western Illinois. For outdoor activities, you can always count on Lake Storey Campground to provide you with spacious grounds and modern amenities amidst untouched woodlands to camp out or have a picnic in. US Coachways is one of the country’s leading charter bus rental companies and we have decades of experience in helping our customers organize, plan and put together big and small events alike. So, if you have a tour, corporate function, family vacation, social gathering, birthday party, bachelor or bachelorette party in Burlington, IA, give us a call and our customer service representatives will provide you with a quick bus rental quote via email or over the phone.
Learn More about These Memorable Family-Friendly Attractions around Burlington, IA
Whether you are visiting because of a birthday party, corporate convention, family vacation or trying to organize a field trip, there’s tons of fun to be had by all. Read more about the following points of interest and favorite attractions around Burlington, IA, and make time for them when you are in town.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — If you are trying to cool down during summer months, the best place to check out would be the Muscatine Aquatic Center, only slightly more than an hour’s drive away from Burlington city center. There are pools for young children, rides for adventurous teens and a relaxing place to chill out with the family over the weekend. You can also bring your friends to Pizazz Fun City to check out comedians and jazz artists in action, Jokers Wild Paintball Field for a team-building event, bring the charter bus to Kenny S Roller Ranch which has a massive roller skating rink, batting cages, mini golf course and basketball bank shot area, or have a bowling birthday party at the ever-popular Digger’s College City Bowl in Macomb, approximately 50 minutes drive away with a charter bus. The attraction caters to tournaments, birthday parties and has venues for special events of all types.
- Art & Culture — If you love music like blues and jazz, do not miss the chance to make a trip to The Washington in downtown Burlington, IA. This is where the best jazz and blues artists in the region come to entertain their fans. The club is located in the heart of a Mississippi River historic district and there are both floor and balcony seating. You should also check out touring musicians, magicians, comedians and circuses putting on their best acts at Memorial Auditorium, bring the charter bus to Art Guild of Burlington to check out exhibits like paintings, crafts, jewelry or take part in the workshops and parties, or organize a trip to The Medium in downtown Burlington where there is a fun gallery featuring glassware, prints, arts and craft and paintings of all genres. University Art Gallery, in the meantime, is a part of Western Illinois University and it sits on the University’s campus. The permanent and rotating exhibits allows visitors to experience visual art at a whole new level and they are aimed at improving the cultural lives of those who make it for the tour.
- Golf Courses & Sports Venues — Looking for a place to have a team-building event in Burlington? Have a look at the baseball diamonds, lighted volleyball courts and all-purpose recreational facilities offered by Burlington Regional RecPlex located along S Broadway Street. It even has an outdoor area with paved trails for hiking and biking. Burlington Gymnastic Society, in the meantime, offers a large number of classes to children which range from tumbling to dancing, cheerleading to gymnastics. Purchase a party package and save money on throwing the best birthday party for your young kids on site.
- Historical Sites & Landmarks — The historic sites and iconic landmarks in Burlington range from historic districts to educational museums. But first, one must not miss the chance to bring the charter bus to Snake Alley. Said to be the most unusual streets in the country, the hillside pathway was inspired by European vineyard paths and it is often used by cyclists and roller-bladers because of its steep inclines which gives them a bit of a challenge. You should also make time for Des Moines County Historical Society which features a heritage center, a museum and historic log cabin, North Lee County Historical Society where there is information and historical artifacts about the Santa Fe Railway, the Iowa State penitentiary and an old railroad lantern display. Historic Nauvoo is a unique cultural site that pays homage to the Mormon culture and it has restored 19th century buildings, interesting wagons and demonstrations that helps people understand more about the way of life of the region’s early settlers. Western Illinois Museum has the ‘Artifact of the Month’ that educates patrons about the history of western Illinois while Bentonsport National Historic District is home to some of the most regionally important 1840s restored buildings. They are now used by modern, charming businesses like shops selling souvenirs, crafts, paintings and delicious options like fudge and ice-cream.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — Visitors will get to take their pick from two very popular nature centers in the region - Starr’s Cave Nature Center and Lakeview Nature Center. There are hiking trails and a nature center educating visitors about local wildlife, flora and fauna at both sites while the latter features beautiful scenery of the gorgeous lake nearby. Families can enjoy activities like batting, basketball, mini golfing, volleyball, archery or make use of the picnic areas and children’s playground at Ball Fore Family Fun Center in Macomb, head out for some kayaking, fishing and hiking at Deep Lakes Park in Muscatine, or organize a camping trip with their loved ones at Lake Storey Campground. The attraction has amenities for snowmobiling during winter months, tennis courts as well as a fun playground for young visitors.
Get Personalized Customer Service from US Coachways’ Friendly Staff Over the Phone or Email
Using our online cost calculator is simple and convenient. Just choose the type of trip, pickup and drop off location and number of passengers and you will get your cost estimate instantly. Sometimes, however, things are not so simple. You may have questions you need to ask someone over the phone. That’s why our customer service representatives are here for - to be there for you 24/7! Contact us over the phone or email if you need clarifications about the type of bus you want book for your trip to Burlington, IA.