A Unique Traveling Experience with a Charter Bus in College Park MD
Learn Extensively about College Park’s Museums, Dining Culture and Aviation History
College Park of Maryland may be mainly known as home to University of Maryland, there are many other attractions, interesting quaint neighborhoods and a respectable number of shopping districts for visitors to explore. Any time is a good time to make a visit to College Park as it is known for its comparatively mild weather – hot and humid during summer months and a predictable mildly cool winter.
The city is also place to find interesting historical buildings namely, McDonnell House, National Archives Archeological Site, The Rossborough Inn, Taliaferro House, Cory House, College Park Woman's Club, just to name a few. Other activities offered by the city are art and entertainment at Clarice Smith Performing Arts Center, an exciting amusement facility in the form of Room Escape Adventures and sporting/gaming outlets like AMF College Park Lanes.
College Park Maryland is the perfect place to hold an event, festival, gathering, birthday parties, bachelor or bachelorette party, annual corporate parties, exhibitions and business functions because of the large number of event venues and historical sites. If you are organizing a party, tour, gathering or group events, make use of US Coachways’ charter bus, party bus, limousine, mini bus, school bus and safely move from one location to another effortlessly.
A Host of Attractions in College Park Maryland to Entice your Heart and Mind
Despite being known, primarily, for University of Maryland, visitors will be surprised with the number of unique entertainment, dining options, cafes, unique retail outlets and recreational centers available at College Park. Explore these points of interest easily with a rented charter bus.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — When visitors are tired of going from museums to landmarks, the place to bring the group to would be College Park’s very own entertainment center – Clarice Smith Performing Arts Center between University Boulevard and Stadium Drive. The arts center is a major public research facility and is made out of its School of Music, School of Theater, Dance and Performance Studies, National and International Artist Partner Program, Maryland National Capital Park and Planning Commission and Michelle Smith Performing Arts Library. With regular events and shows on in its many theaters and halls, residents are always in for a treat during weekends and holidays as there will be renowned shows to catch. Think you can survive being trapped in a room with zombies? Give yourself a challenge by visiting Room Escape Adventures on 51st Place in College Park when you try to solve puzzles and questions while avoiding zombies who are trying their best to break your escape plans.
- Art & Cultural — The Art Gallery at the University of Maryland was founded in 1955 and today, housed in the Tawes Building, features more than 1,500 artworks in the form of print, paintings, sculptures, drawings and photographs alike. Regular touring exhibits can be found at the center. It formerly showcased artists like Conrad Marca-Relli, Louis Faurer, Ian Hornak and many more.
- Restaurants & Shopping — One can easily find restaurants and malls located all around College Park and the city offers Looney’s Pub, Cornerstone Grill and Loft, Buffalo Wings and Hard Times Café for affordable meals. For quaint street retail outlets and local fare, visitors can bring their rented charter bus to Berwyn Road, a commercial area in College Park and in the meantime, visitors can find many flagship outlets at Hollywood’s Rhode Island Avenue.
- Golf Courses & Sports Venues – Need a place to de-stress and hang out with your family and friends? AMF College Park Lanes on Baltimore Boulevard has 40 modern bowling alleys for visitors’ enjoyment. Other amenities available on location are large TV screens to catch games, pool tables, arcade games, private rooms for parties and private gatherings and a pro shop to get your supplies. For an even bigger challenge, join and compete in their league games during events. And if you are game for a round of tennis, this can be done at College Park Tennis Club, CPTC, which was chosen as 2013’s best USTA Facility of the Year. It has 32 well-maintained indoor, outdoor, hard, red, clay and green tennis courts ready for your game.
- Historical Sites & Landmarks — Regardless of whether one is interested in these large flying machines, the exhibits at College Park Aviation Museum on Cpl Frank Scott Drive is a fantastic attraction for kids and teenagers. It is adjacent to an airport and that’s definitely a plus because you might even watch, up close, the taking off and landing of planes of different sizes. There are hands-on, interactive craft activities for little kids and a small gift shop for souvenirs and memorabilia. Another important historical landmark to explore is College Park Airport, an establishment founded in 1909 used primarily for Wright Brothers’ military demonstrations. It is also the world’s oldest airport still in operation.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — Outdoor lovers would not mind making the 30 minute drive out from College Park’s Downtown area to get some climbing, rafting, kayaking, zip lining, giant swinging and also get their highs from various high rope courses organized and run by Terrapin Adventures in neighboring Savage MD.
- Other Points of Interest — Being one of the only few language museums in the world, visitors should not miss the chance to make a quick stop at College Park’s National Museum of Language on Baltimore Avenue. Visitors are often surprised with the sheer number of languages used all around the world with many opportunities for kids and adults to learn something new about these languages through hands-on activities and exhibits.
Call 1-855-BUS-CHARTER and Speak to US Coachways’ Customer Service Agents Now
Reserving a charter bus, party bus, coach, mini bus, school bus or other large and medium-sized ground transportation for your event, wedding, birthday party, school field trip, corporate function, business meeting or group event is easy – give us a call right now or send us an email by completing our Contact Us form to be found on our website.