Enjoy Comfortable and Safe Charter Bus Rides around Conway’s Top Attractions
Eye-Opening Experiences to be had by All at Conway’s Theme Parks and Theaters
Conway is, unbeknownst to some, one of the oldest towns in the state of South Carolina, an early settlement village for a group of English colonists who named it Kings Town. The town was founded in 1732 as part of the Robert Johnson’s Township Scheme and was later renamed ‘Kingston’. It was chosen because of its close proximity to Waccamaw River which is known as Horry County and today, the Conway Marina can be seen from the Waccamaw River Bridge. The residents actively participated in the American Revolution which included engagements near Bear Bluff and Black Lake. After the war, wanting to distinguish itself as separate from the original Great Britain’s King George II-named town, the residents petitioned to change its name to Horry after General Peter Horry and then to Conwayborough after General Robert Conway. The development of the city throughout the years after the several wars was made possible by the building of several railroads serving the North and South Carolina that snaked its way into and past Conway. The historic Conway railroad depot is no longer functioning and is now an office building. Historically, Conway celebrates its own brand of culture which includes a big sports scene; it is home to Kimbel Library and Rebecca Randall Bryan Art Gallery at Coastal Carolina University. Conway is also located very near one of the region’s biggest tourist attraction - Myrtle Beach. Myrtle Beach’s main tourist attractions are located within the Grand Strand and the location itself attracts more than 14 million visitors from all around the country and the world every year and Conway enjoys some of the spillover attention.
Therefore, visitors to Conway will also get to bring their charter bus, coach, van, mini bus, school bus or party bus for special conventions, musical concerts, local festivals, hit the beaches or challenge themselves to a large number of golf courses, amusement centers, water theme parks, zoo and aquarium. Have a wedding reception, birthday party, bachelor or bachelorette party, social gathering or meeting with a special VIP coming up soon in Conway or Myrtle Beach? Worry not, the city center is filled to the brim with brightly-lit nightclubs, dinner theaters and tourist gift shops. In fact, the area boasts of more than 450 hotels, countless beachside clubs and rave-worthy fine diners and restaurants. If you are visiting the city during the holiday season, be sure to drop by the Carolina Opry Christmas Special or bring your friends to the relaxing and scenic Myrtle Beach Boardwalk; it is recognized as the country’s third most beautiful boardwalk. You can also enjoy a shopping spree at attractions like the Coastal Grand Mall, Myrtle Beach Mall, Tanger Outlets and not to mention the ever-popular Broadway at the Beach! US Coachways, in the meantime, is ready to be at your service, to help bring you the best vehicles for your events, be it a family vacation, team-building exercise, fundraising dinner or a city-to-city tour. We look forward to hearing from you soon!
Here’s a Summary of Top Attractions and Historic Sites in and around Conway, SC
Whether you enjoy visiting a large water park, love nature and gardens or looking for kid-friendly points of interest in Conway, there are all here for you to enjoy with your family and friends. Have a look at some of the most memorable and historically important landmarks and sites around Conway below.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — Thanks to its location near the coastal town of Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, visitors of Conway will get to enjoy a myriad of theme parks. The kids will go giddy with the options offered by Myrtle Waves, South Carolina’s largest water park; the park uses a whopping 1.2 million gallons of water at the park and has slides of all shapes and sizes for all to splash around in. WonderWorks is another amazing and entertaining megaplex to visit; they offer amenities for laser tag, arcade games, trampoline park, rope zip-line courses or you can bring the charter bus to Family Kingdom Amusement Park for a full day of fun with your family and friends. To give things a little bit of a twist, making a trip to MagiQuest would prove to be....magical. There’s LIVE action role-playing games which are all interactive and family-friendly. Visiting the Children’s Museum of South Carolina would make a good field trip destination as the exhibits encourages children to think, imagine, get creative and solve problems together. Alternatively, visitors can also opt for indoor and inline skating and roller skating at Olympia Skate Arena Inc or check out the latest blockbuster at Rivertowne Stadium 12.
- Art & Culture — The art and cultural scene in Conway is an ever-growing one and they range from intimate community theaters that serves students and young teens to world-renowned attractions with Broadway-status productions. Theater of Rebulic has been around for decades and with the momentum that they have built, they will continue to serve the communities with quality shows, theater productions and educational outreach programs for a long time to come. Main Street Theater is a charming venue with a large number of diverse musicals, dramas and comedies while Palace Theatre features shows like Hot Jersey Nights and Illusions of Magic. Sometimes, the best solution to just about anything is a good belly laugh and we think Big Laughs Theater can make just about anyone guffaw; the shows range from kid-friendly shows to adult comedy so, visit their website to find out more about what’s showing before heading over. Music lovers, in the meantime, can bring the party bus to Myrtle Beach’s favorite concert venue, Legends in Concert. Their top shows includes impersonators pretending to be, dress like, talk or sing like superstars of today and yesterday.
- Restaurant & Shopping — You can shop till you drop at Coastal Grand Mall and there’s also a nice cinema to chill out in after the shopping spree while Broadway at the Beach is one of the top tourist attraction in the region...and rightfully so! The strip is jam-packed with attractions, activities, restaurants, cafes, bakeries, quaint retail outlets and unique holiday programs for all to enjoy. The atmosphere is eclectic, fun and exciting all at the same time. Hudson’s Surfside Flea Market is the largest open air market along the Grand Strand area and features hundreds of family-run stores and vendors selling anything from tools to costumes and jewelry to local foodstuff. Medieval Times is a dinner theater with a dazzling equestrian show and full-service restaurant offering scrumptious, healthy cuisine but for a birthday, bachelor or bachelorette party, check out New South Brewing instead. You will get to celebrate something important with your family and friends while enjoying a wide range of stout, ale, lager and IPA beers.
- Golf & Sports — Golfers will get to enjoy wonderful golf courses in and around Conway and Myrtle Beach and they range from the 500-acre Witch Golf Links which features an unobstructed view of the lowlands and Mt. Atlanticus with their fantasy-themed mini golf courses that is littered with mythical sculptures. Visitors can also go swimming at Conway Golf Club Swimming Pool and enjoy the fitness complex and walking tracks around Conway Recreation Department Complex. But that’s not the end of it - there’s the skycoaster, arcade games and a rock climbing structure at NASCAR Speedpark Myrtle Beach and minor league games at Pelican Ballpark, one of the Myrtle Beach’s top baseball venue.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — The Myrtle Beach Skywheel is one of the most iconic landmarks in the city and by getting on the ferris wheels, guests will get a bird’s eye view of the surrounding landscape and the beach as it is only a block away from the ocean. Visitors will also get to learn about real farm life at L.W. Paul Living History Farm; the farm is a historical site where people get to learn about 1900s method of plowing through fields as well as curing meats or you can enjoy the charm of historic Conway by taking on a boat tour with River Memories; the yacht takes visitors around important landmarks in Conway and Myrtle Beach. People can also opt for a horseback riding tour with Tranquility Horse Farm or Horseback Riding of Myrtle Beach. There are riding camps as well as lessons offered about equine safety, their nutrition as well as beach tours for people of all ages. For city dwellers, a trip to Anderson Farms will be a true eye-opener; the attraction supplies local produce to a large number of restaurants and cafes and there are venues for birthday parties and wedding receptions. There’s something to be said about the mini-pontoon boat rides along the Waccamaw and Pee Dee Rivers with River Rats and fun ATV tours with Ash Myrtle Beach ATV Tours. The river rides and backwoods adventures has been winning raving reviews from visitors to the city and you should try it out when in town.
- Zoos & Aquariums — If you are visiting Conway with children or are an educator looking for a place to bring your students out for a field trip, consider a trip to either Waccatee Zoo or Ripley’s Aquarium, both located strategically a short drive away in Myrtle Beach. Waccatee Zoo is home to hundreds of animals and they live comfortably in their natural habitat in this private, wooded 500 acre piece of land. Children can come face to face with animals like cougars, lions, leopards, tigers, buffalos and zebras on site. Ripley’s Aquarium features not just adorable seals and colorful jelly fishes but also friendly sharks and a large number of aquatic flora and fauna.
With US Coachways, you are Guaranteed Top Quality Service and Budget-Friendly Prices
On top of helping our charter bus rental customers find reliable charter buses, coaches, mini buses, and school buses for their events and travels in Conway, we place great importance in helping to connect them to the most economical ones. So, with US Coachways’ services, you will have the peace of mind of knowing that your safety and budget is well taken care of. C`ontact us today and speak to our customer service staff and they are available 24/7, 365 days a year. Wait no more, find out more now!