Get a Charter Bus in Danville, VA
Let our Charter Bus Take you around Danville's Historical Districts and Popular Landmarks
The discovery of this city was almost an accidental event by English colonist, William Byrd, when he headed out in search of the true boundary between Virginia and North Carolina. Taken in by the beauty of Dan River, some Native Americans settlements were discovered. It wasn't regarded as anything more than just a small town until 1793 when construction of 'The World's Best Tobacco Market' and the state's largest market for the unique 'bright leaf' tobacco.
There is a huge art and culture movement and development in Danville, Virginia and this is apparent when you make a visit to popular tourist attractions like River District which received a major renovation after the 2008 recession in an effort to restore the city's historic downtown area and Tobacco Warehouse districts. Guests are also often amazed by the fine 19th and 20th century homes and mansions at Millionaire's Row which were built by some of the city's most successful tobacco planters and manufacturers. Some of the city's most impressive homes and attractions include Tobacco Warehouse, Holbrook-Ross Street, North Main and The Old West End. The tourism industry naturally places focuses on historical homes which are related to its earlier tobacco industry's boom.
Today, these historical landmarks and tourist attractions are sometimes used for weddings, birthdays, anniversaries, corporate functions, exhibitions, meetings, business get-togethers, promotional events and other group activities, including proms, church outings and field trips. If you are a wedding planner or event organizer looking for a reliable charter bus company to work with in Danville, VA, give US Coachways a call to find out more about our affordable bus rental services.
Top Things to do and Famous Attractions around Danville, VA
One can never run out fun and exciting things to do in Danville...simply because the city offers a diverse number of points of interest in the city and in its surrounding communities. Here is a round-up of what to expect when you visit the city of Danville, VA.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — Especially if you are bringing along young children with you, there are large number of entertainment options for visitors and it includes the renowned Danville Science Center. The hands-on activities lets kids learn about our environment in a clean, safe and entertaining manner. Do stop by and check out the exhibits related to watersheds and aquatic ecosystem which we think kids will love. If you have a party or is planning an outing with your friends in Danville, consider adding a trip to Riverside Lanes or Buffaloe Lanes Mebane Bowling Center for a fun night out. There are 40 bowling lanes, full service bar and grill, 15 foot projection screen at Riverside Lanes while Buffaloe Lanes provides guests with kid-friendly games and prizes on a regular basis. Druid Lanes Bowling is located in Martinsville, a short drive away, is a well-maintained bowling facilities and games too. To catch the latest flicks, be sure to stop by Danville Stadium Cinemas which is sometimes used for special events or check out the state-of-the-art modern digital projection and sound system at Carousel Cinema at Alamance Crossings.
- Arts & Cultural — To get a better picture of what you would like to explore in Danville, a quick stop at Martinsville-Henry County Visitor Center is strongly recommended. Grab your activity guide, maps, brochures and flyers and you will have a better idea about where to spend your time in Danville. If you are an art lover, try putting some time into touring the Danville Museum of Fine Arts and History; most would also consider this attraction a historical landmark because of its gorgeous setting and structure. The museum itself, is a fine masterpiece, featuring lots of Civil War history of the region. When it comes to cultural entertainment, very few can beat the standards that has been set by The Historic North Theater with its top quality performances and productions. Be it musicals, ballets, drama or comedy, they are all produced by a pool of professional talents who have all earned a name in the industry. Danvillian Gallery, in the meantime, is a very unique art gallery founded by two New York artists, featuring the latest modern fine art from everywhere in the world. There is a monthly program from regional, local and international visual artists on exhibit at this attraction so, do drop by and check them out for yourself.
- Restaurants & Shopping — There are historical malls, quaint retail outlets, charming stores, chic cafes and popular coffee and dessert houses all over Danville's city center but be sure to check out Danville Mall when you wish to do some shopping during your trip. Or head over to Tanger Outlet Center in Mebane which features more than 75 branded outlets, factory outlets with items for women, men and kids as well as a well-equipped vendors all around the mall. The city has a Walmart Supercenter on Mount Cross Road and a very popular Lou's Antique Mall on Main Street which has always been a huge tourist magnet. For shoes, fashion accessories, clothes, bring the bus to Rippe's handsome selection. Danville locals place utmost importance on a good selection of restaurants to dine in. You can sample some quality steaks at Outback Steakhouse on Enterprise Drive, try out the sweet and sour Thai style chicken dish or tofu delight at Moon River Thai, Italian salad or satisfy your cravings for calamari at Joe and Mimma's Italian Restaurant and Pizza, fire up your tastebuds with Mexican delights from Los Tres Magueyes and if you are tied for time, just grab a quick bite from the likes of Nick's Grill. .
- Golf Courses & Sports Venues — Looking for a place to practice your putting? Lucky for you there is Goodyear Golf Club which is a challenging course with a picture-perfect scenery. Supported and managed by Goodyear Company (hence, the name), the main course is located in Piedmont area between North Carolina and Virginia. Some patrons may be looking for a good game to catch during your trip. Worry not, check out the schedule for Danville Braves to see if a game coincides with your visit and you are ready to cheer them on in a competitive game with the locals. Martinsville Speedway, thankfully, is only approximately 40 minutes drive away in the rented charter bus. There are lodging and camping facilities for visitors who prefer to stay near the speedway the night before the game. Burlington Athletic Stadium, in the meantime, is home to Burlington Royals; it has the capacity to seat up to 3,000 fans at any one time. After the game, book yourself a spot for a picnic or visit the clubhouse to learn more about the players and the stadium's history.
- Historic Sites & Landmarks — Danville's Tank Museum is truly one of a kind - here, visitors are treated to an in-depth lesson about WWII costumes, weapons, equipment, tanks, field anti-tank and a huge private collection of operable automatic weapons in the United States. If you prefer to have a guided tour around historical sites around Danville, your best bet is to go with Danville Historical Society's guides where you will get bits and pieces of 'secrets' and 'behind-the-scene' gems from these experts. Dan Daniel Memorial Park is a great multi-purpose park which makes for a great backdrop for photographs and place for events and gatherings. For more history, try organizing a group trip to Virginia Museum of Natural History in downtown Martinsville instead where you will find a large collection of full scale dinosaur models and fossilized dinosaur tracks.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — Outdoor lovers should not miss the chance to make a weekend escapade to Danville's Riverwalk Trail for a scenic walk or jog along the paved walkways along Dan River. There is also a 102-acre worth of athletic field, skatepark, biking area, bridges, picnic tables and nearly 4 miles of trail to enjoy. Prefer visiting a farmland? The place to be is Snow Creek Ranch in Martinsville; you can also do some horseback riding together with some learned instructors. Over the weekend, guests are invited to experience nature by visiting the 4.5 miles of Dick and Willie Passage Rail Trail or bring the rented charter bus to City Park where there is an extensive number of facilities and amenities in the 75 acre park.
Budget-Friendly Charter Bus Rental Services in Danville is at your Fingertips
Booking a charter bus from US Coachways is easy and simple. Get started by calling our 24/7 customer care consultants at 1-855-BUS-CHARTER or contact us
via this online request form and our staff will send you a prompt cost estimate via email. We look forward to working closely with you in the future.