The Right Bus Charter for the Right Event in Douglasville, GA
Comfortably Tour the City’s Popular Tourist Attractions, Museums, Libraries and Parks
Douglasville is located only approximately 20 miles to the west of Atlanta, hence, many attractions are easily accessible from Douglasville. It’s central location played a role in the city’s rapid growth and expansion over the years. There is are a lot of quaint shops, restaurants and businesses in downtown Douglasville, mainly between Chapel Hill Road and Georgia State Route 5 and the area is frequented by tourists and out-of-town visitors.
There is, doubtlessly, a lot of things to indulge in and places to visit when you are in Douglasville. Visitors can treat themselves to a weekend of endless fun with their families at Six Flags White Water, learn about the city from attractions like Smyrna Public Library, go shopping at the culturally-rich Arbor Place Mall or have an outing at Deer Lick Park for some tennis, hiking and picnicking. These locations are often used as venues for large group events and festivals like wedding receptions, birthday parties, bachelor or bachelorette parties, corporate functions, team-building exercises, business meetings, exhibitions, road shows, tours and many other types of community events. If you are an event organizer who is looking for a reliable and professional charter bus rental company in Douglasville, give US Coachways a call for details about our charter bus, party bus, mini bus, school bus, limousine, tour bus or other exotic vehicle. We look forward to hearing from you very soon.
Fun and Exciting Things to do in Douglasville, GA
Planning an itinerary for your trip to Douglasville, GA? Fret not, let our experienced travel writers help you with some tips, ideas and suggestions about some of the city’s most popular points of interest and fun attractions.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — If you are visiting during the weekend, it would be a great idea to book your admission ticket to Six Flags White Water in downtown Marietta, GA for a splashing good time. The water theme park is only thirty minutes drive away in the charter bus and guests are treated to all types of rides and slides, including a lazy river, fun activity pool, splash area and many more. Six Flags White Water is considered the second gate to Six Flags Over Georgia and has recorded more than half a million visitors from all over the world every year. You can also organize a group trip for skating, laser tag game, arcade and enjoy the fun children’s playground at Sparkles Family Fun Center in Hiram, GA. Have a birthday coming up? These attractions has private event venues that are suitable for group gatherings and celebrations. For a more private affair, check out the scheduled shows at NCG Marietta Cinemas instead; it features comfortable reclining seats and extra legroom which patrons like about this hidden gem.
- Art & Cultural — There are large and small art galleries and museums located in and around Douglasville. You can drop by Smyrna Public Library which has an art section as well as a large collection of magazines, DVDs, CDs, books, documents, photographs for visitors to explore and learn about. It is one of the more progressive and active public libraries in the region. Gone With the Wind Movie Museum is located a short drive away in Marietta; it presents visitors with a huge number of memorabilia and items related to the internationally-renowned film which includes film sets, scripts, costumes, posters as well as a unique exhibit about local African Americans featured in the movie. Another one-of-a-kind art center is the Center for Puppetry Arts in downtown Atlanta. A weekend tour will take guests around educational exhibits regarding the art of puppetry and its history as well as Jim Henson’s influence on the industry. You can also check out A D West Dance Company and Dance Academy West Inc for dance classes and shows and then drop by Nostalgia Fine Art to check out its sizable thought-provoking art collection.
- Restaurant & Shopping — Arbor Place Mall is the local’s favorite hotspot for shopping; you can find literally anything you can think of in this quaint local mall. After all the shopping is done, you have the option of eating at one of its restaurants or hit the food court which has many international cuisines to choose from. For your daily essentials, there is always Target Stores, Douglasville Pavillion, Five Below on Chapel Hill Road and Publix Super Markets on Highway 5. Don’t miss the chance to also pop by Hobby Lobby for unique art supplies and charming home decor items or stop by Champ’s Clock Shop which features hundreds of clocks, including grandfather clocks, from all around the world. It is one of the world’s largest clock shop.
- Golf Courses & Sports Venues – There is a long list of sports and recreational centers located in and around Douglasville that you can take advantage of. If you feel like having a few rounds of bowling with your fellow travelers, bring the charter bus to Thunderzone Bowling, AMF Marietta Lanes or Your Bowling Center where there are countless bowling lanes, bumper cars and laser tag arena. Crossfit Douglasville, in the meantime, is one of the most prominent fitness centers in Douglasville where you can sign up for professional fitness crash courses. For a day full of fun, organize a field trip to Boundary Waters Aquatic Center for some swimming at its 25-yard pool and heated therapeutic pool. You can also try out flag football, soccer, lacrosse, kickball, baseball, batting and swimming at Rountree Recreation. Popular stadiums located a short drive away from Douglasville are Georgia Dome and Philips Arena in Atlanta which are homes to Atlanta Falcons and Atlanta Hawks, Atlanta Thrashers and WNBA Atlanta Dream. You will also get to do some shopping, dining and clubbing around Philips Arena after catching an exciting game there.
- Historical Sites & Landmarks — Numerous historical sites in Douglasville which are considered historical landmarks doubles up as shopping destinations and parks. One good example would be Pine Mountain Gold Museum which tells a tale of the region’s gold mining history. Right outside and adjascent to the museum is a self-guided hiking trail that is an absolute local gem. It pays that it runs alongside Pine Mountain Scenic Railroad. You will be walking past historical sites like farms, mining ruins, exhibits and it will make a very interesting family-friendly weekend outing. You can also check out Hiam Rosenwald School Museum, an original African-American school with a library built in 1930; go for a tour around Marietta Museum of History with its seven galleries and aviation exhibits, take the charter bus to Kennesaw Mountain National Battlefield Park for some hiking around its 2,965-acre trails, or indulge in some bird-watching and picnicking while learning about this national landmark. For those who prefer to learn about the region’s locomotive history, head on over to Southern Museum of Civil War and Locomotive History in Kennesaw, GA.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — One of the most popular parks in downtown Douglasville is Deer Lick Park on Mack Road; this 66-acre park has amenities for outdoor activities like disc golf, volleyball, mini golf, tennis and fishing. You will also find Hunter Memorial Park on Gurley Road where there are 10 multi-purpose fields visitors can use for public and private events and tennis courts, batting cages, community center as well as hiking and walking paths. Jesse Davis Park, in the meantime, provides the locals with a community park, basketball courts, well-maintained fitness center and facilities for private events like meetings and group gatherings. If you are interesting in checking a local nature preserve, organize a group trip with the help of a charter bus to Clinton Nature Preserve in Villa Riva or head out to the old abandoned railway lines for horseback riding and biking at Silver Comet Trail. Other parks and outdoor spaces around Douglasville are Tolleson Park in Smyrna which has a swimming pool and Swift-Cantrell Park in Kennesaw, GA.
- Zoos & Aquariums — If you are traveling with kids, you can’t go wrong when you plan a trip out to Georgia Aquarium in downtown Atlanta. The 10,000 square foot attraction is home to a huge number of species of marine animals from all around the world including sharks, belugas, dolphins, fishes, turtles and more. Don’t forget to book a space for their awesome 3D and 4D shows too!
Affordable Charter Bus Rental Services in Douglasville, GA, is a Phone Call away
Wait no more! If you are looking for a reliable and professional charter bus rental company in Douglasville, GA, you are in luck. US Coachways is one of the country’s top 15 ground transportation companies with more than 3 decades of experience. Getting in touch with us is easy - call 1-855-BUS-CHARTER to speak to our 24/7 customer service consultants or have one of our staff send you a quick quote over email by completing this Contact Us form.