Reliable, Safe and Modern Charter Bus in Dunwoody is Only a Phone Call away
Learn about Historical Homes, Iconic Landmarks and Attractions around Dunwoody, GA
Located in DeKalb County, Dunwoody is a relatively young city which was incorporated at the end of 2008. As young as it is as a city, it is a historic area with a number of historic buildings to check out. It includes the Ebenezer Primitive Baptist Church, Dunwoody Elementary and Dekalb County Public Library. Being one of Atlanta’s suburbs, many world class attractions are easily reachable in a charter bus.
If you are looking for fun and creative recreational centers for children, consider bringing the rented charter bus to Sky Gym, Sprayground at Riverside Park and LEGOland Discovery Center which are located in neighboring communities. You can organize a trip to check out the latest performance from Cirque Du Soliel in downtown Atlanta, Georgia or put together a fun weekend program at Chattahoochee River where you can enjoy biking, running, swimming, fishing or kayaking.
US Coachways is one of the country’s leading ground transportation service provider in most major cities in the United States and we pride ourselves with the ability to bring our charter bus customers in Dunwoody with the best charter bus, mini bus, school bus, party bus, limousine or other luxurious exotic vehicles for events like wedding receptions, proms, birthday parties, school field trips, church outings, corporate functions, business meetings and other types of group events. Give us a call to speak to one of our customer care consultants who are available 24/7.
Tourist Destinations in Dunwoody - in the Nutshell
Don’t worry about not knowing what to do when you are visiting Dunwoody for the first time because you are going to be surprised with the historical points of interest in the city. Here’s what our fun-loving and adventurous travel writers have to recommend.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — Thanks to its central location, Dunwoody is a gateway to many attractions and kid-friendly recreational facilities. The city is a short bus drive away from Sky Gym, Sprayground at Riverside Park and LEGOland Discovery Center, among other attractions. Located in Sandy Springs, Sky Gym is a fantastic place to have an indoor adventure together with church members, colleagues, family members or schoolmates where you will get to learn a new art of aerial silk dancing. For kids, they may be more interested in the amenities offered by Sprayground at Riverside Park where there is a wide number of sprinklers, splash pads and other water features - perfect for a hot summer afternoon. You can also challenge your team mates at Andretti Indoor Karting and Games center which features 12 kart tracks, bowling alleys and more than a hundred arcade games, complete with ziplines, climbing wall and others. The Sky Zone Indoor Trampoline Park is in Roswell, a short 10 minutes drive away in the charter bus - the attraction offers a unique 3D experience complete with trampolines on floors and walls. LEGOland Discovery Center provides a fun learning experience for young children in a safe and clean environment.
- Art & Cultural — There is a surprising number of art-related attractions in and around Dunwoody’s communities. For instance, you can check out the latest show at Cirque Du Soliel in downtown Atlanta or head over to Buckhead for a quick stop at The Basement Theater. The Basement Theater is known as Atlanta’s best underground Improv comedy attraction, featuring a large number of local talents as well as important comedians from the region and country. Another place to check out improv entertainment and performances is Red Door Playhouse which is located in Roswell, GA. You can also check out its art gallery where there are some inspiring artwork on display and for sale. If you are a church representative or educator trying to put together a meaningful and educational field trip for school-going children, Teaching Museum North would make the perfect destination. It features hands-on exhibits on science and arts programs including Language, Maths, Science, Fine Arts and Humanities. If you love the thrill of visiting haunted homes, try the self-guided tours around some of Georgia’s most terrifying homes during Halloween. The event began in 1997 and every year, the countless different elaborate themes and stories attract thousands from all over the country. Think intense make-up, skilled stunt actors and robotic creatures strategically placed all around the location - this it not for the faint hearted, for sure. For something less scary, book a night out at Sips and Strokes where you get to explore your creative side in a relaxing and fun atmosphere with your friends.
- Restaurant & Shopping — While traveling, you may feel the sudden hit by the shopping bug and if that is so, check out Perimeter Mall in downtown Dunwoody where there are high end stores and bargain retail outlets all under one roof. And if you get hungry, find yourself a seat and table at one of the restaurants and cafe. Or you can head over to downtown Atlanta and make a pit stop at Lenox Square, one of the biggest shopping attraction in Georgia. Phipps Plaza is another multi-story mall which has hundreds of stores, LEGOland Discovery Center, restaurants and theater for everyone to enjoy. For something unique, book a place with Atlanta Wine School to learn about wine-making using local products and you may end up bringing home some of the local favorites. For a fun night out with your friends, family and fellow travelers, book a party bus for a fun outing at Vino Venue in downtown Dunwoody which has spacious event venue and party rooms for its customers. If you prefer a simpler experience, have a bar crawl around the city’s business district or have a trivia or karaoke night at Firebird instead.
- Golf Courses & Sports Venues – If you feel the need to get active, there are a few options for you choose from. However, we think you should take the charter bus to The Cooler Family Skate Center in neighboring Alpharetta where there are also figure skating and ice hockey coaching programs. They cater to group events like birthday parties too.
- Historical Sites & Landmarks — Learning up about a new city like Dunwoody can be such an eye-opening experience, especially when you organize an educational trip to an attraction like Heritage Sandy Springs Museum which helps visitors understand local history and heritage for a much meaningful visit. The topics covered by the museum range from ancient history of the region to Civil War and popular local music industry. Approximately 10 minutes drive away from downtown Dunwoody is another historical site - Williams-Payne House Museum. Don’t worry if you have already visited the site before, there are rotating and visiting exhibits all year round and the attraction also focuses on seasonal and current events in an effort to keep things refreshing for returning visitors.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — There is a lot of wide open space and hiking trails to enjoy in Brook Run Park. In fact, the park is dog-friendly and has a nice playground for kids to roam and have fun in. Groups and families can expect to spend at least a few pleasant hours in Dunwoody Park which is sometimes Atlanta’s alternative family park. Be sure to grab a map of the trail or look up the trails on your GPS before heading out, the scenery is remarkably gorgeous. The Chattahoocee River is not just an outdoor recreational area but it is also extremely historical. You can spend the day boating, swimming, fishing, kayaking and other water-related activities together with fellow travelers. We are not forgetting the fishing pier , picnic areas and boat docks available at Morgan Falls Overlook Park and the wildlife areas at the Chattahoochee Nature Center. Be on the look out for rescued animals who now call the center their home. Health enthusiasts will also get their fill of workout done at the 3-mile worth of hiking trails at Vickery Creek Trail which is peppered with historic mills, bridges and ruins.
Wait No More! Give US Coachways a Call Right Now to Find out More about our Bus Rental Services
Working with US Coachways as your ground transportation provider, you will save yourself time, money and effort trying to get the logistics right. Our professionally-trained and experienced consultants can help get your event going in no time. Give us a call at 1-855-BUS-CHARTER or let us send you a quick quote when you complete this Contact Us form on our website.