East Lansing, MI, Can be Easily Explored in the Comfort of a Rented Charter Bus
East Lansing Boasts of a Large Number of Theaters, a Symphony Orchestra and a Unique Planetarium
East Lansing may be popularly known for being home to one of the best higher educational organizations in the state of Michigan, the Michigan State University, but it had a humble beginning as a site that is located just to the east of the state’s capital. Before the city was founded, it was resided by two large Native American groups, the Potawatomi and Fox. It was only when the Lansing and Howell Plank Road company was established that the number of residents started growing. The city’s post office had the address ‘Agricultural College, Michigan’ before it was incorporated and the name that it almost took was ‘College Park’. Today, many of the city’s amenities and facilities can be found around Grand River Avenue, which continues to be the scenic, tree-lined boulevard that it was; it was, formerly, merely a plank road developed during the 19th century as a connecting road from Lansing to Detroit. Today, the street is lined with businesses and retail outlets catering to college students like bars, coffee shops, restaurants, charming gift shops, boutiques and book stores. There are more than 25 distinct neighborhoods that makes up East Lansing and they have their own unique festivals and student-orientated events. So, be sure to pop by for the Great Lakes Folks Festival at Ann Street Plaza, visit charming sites like the Broad Art Museum, Michigan State University Horticulture Gardens, Abrams Planetarium, Beaumont Tower, Red Cedar River, Spartan Stadium, Lake Lansing, Meridian Mall, City Market and The Lansing Sailing Club.
Modern day East Landing has much to offer in terms of fun family recreation centers, science centers, art galleries and historical museums. So, you can have a wedding reception, picnic, family vacation, birthday celebration, anniversary, fundraising tour, church outing, corporate function or conference, the venues in East Lansing are affordable options. Teachers and parents can opt for a field trip or weekend outing to Leota Abrams Planetarium or bring young kids to the fun and safe environment provided by Spare Time Entertainment Center. If you like LIVE performances, you can always bring the charter bus to NSU Concert Auditorium to check out what’s showing, bring your friends to see what’s being shown at Mackerel Sky Gallery of Contemporary Craft and for shopping, there’s always Tanger Outlets Howell that you can count on for branded items and gifts. Other fun attractions in and around East Lansing you should make time for includes the educational R.E. Olds Transportation Museum and beautiful 4-H Children’s Garden that proves to be popular with schools, churches and educational organizations. Being one of the country’s top ground transportation companies, US Coachways is confident about being able to find you the perfect charter bus, coach, mini bus, party bus, school bus, corporate car or exotic vehicles for your events in East Lansing. Give us a call right now to find out more about our promotional packages!
Find out More about East Lansing’s Charming, Unique Attractions and Recreation Centers
US Coachways offers you a personalized experience when you choose to use our services to rent a charter bus for events like weddings, birthday parties, corporate functions, exhibitions, conferences and social gatherings in East Lansing, MI. And with the help of the charter bus, be sure to bring it to the following points of interest to learn more about this amazingly charming city in Michigan.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — The entertainment centers in East Lansing includes planetariums, go-karting arenas and bounce houses. So, you should be ready for a splashing good time, especially during hot summers, at an attraction like East Lansing Family Aquatic Center, an educational field trip touring exhibits like Talbert and Leota Abrams Planetarium with their exhibits that are focused on space and astronomy and fun trip with the family to Pinball Pete’s and Spare Time Entertainment Center. Pinball Pete’s is a large, rather old-school, arcade center with a large number of pinball machines that is regularly used for private parties and Spare Time is both a bowling alley and indoor amusement center with amenities for cosmic bowling, laser tag and video games. And speaking of bowling alleys, people can have their own private parties with glow in the dark bowling sessions at City Limits, or hold church outings, birthday parties, corporate functions at MSU Union Spartan Lanes.
- Art & Culture — Visitors are sometimes caught by surprise with the sheer number of art attractions there are in East Lansing. Wharton Center is located on the grounds of Michigan State University and it features Cobb Great Hall, the Pasant Theater, the main NSU Concert Auditorium and the Fairchild Theater. The shows scheduled could be anything from a Broadway show to a rock concert. The MSU State University is also home to the Eli & Edythe Broad Art Museum; the museum was designed by Zaha Hadid and is home to a large collection of internationally-acclaimed contemporary paintings and prints centrally focused on Medieval, Renaissance, modern and contemporary artwork. There are also free events and concerts held at MSU Summer Circle Theater, a collection of artwork like jewelry, ceramics, furniture and glassworks from local talents at Mackerel Sky Gallery of Contemporary Craft and a showcase of work from the Three Fires People of Michigan, an art gallery and gift shop at Nokomis Learning Center in downtown Okemos.
- Restaurant & Shopping — The shopping and dining options around East Lansing may consist of college-type of retail outlets, malls and restaurants and you will get to enjoy attractions like Tanger Outlets Howell which has retail outlets like Tommy Hilfiger, LOFT and Polo Ralph Lauren or you can bring the charter bus to Jiffy Mix Company for a guided tour and informational walkthroughs. There’s more shopping to be done at Flint Farmers Market which offers anything from fresh meat, vegetables, fruits, cheese, wine and poultry while Kerrytown is a historic shopping district that borders a few historic sites like the Ann Arbor Convention Center, Ann Arbor City Hall and North Division, etc. For those who are looking for a place for a party or social gathering, you may want to try the taste sessions with a view out to Jackson airfield at Chateau Aeronautique Winery, sample signature and seasonal wines at Howell’s MainStreet Winery, enjoy the beautiful hilly regions and local meads at Sandhill Crane Vineyards in Jackson, bring the charter bus to a microbrewery like Bifferhaus Brewing Company where there’s also a fancy restaurant or book a room for a private party at Libby’s Jazz Club.
- Golf Courses & Sports Venues — The Jack Breslin Student Events Center can be found right in the heart of East Lansing and the 15,000-seater arena is often used for games, concerts and special events; the attraction also has gyms, meeting rooms and a spacious concourse area for visitors to make use of. Visitors can also enjoy the 200-acre golf course with challenging slopes, manicured terrains and lush fairways of Timber Ridge Golf Course, catch the Spartans Football team in action at Spartan Stadium, or head out to the historic Munn Ice Arena which is home to the MSU ice hockey team. These attractions has enough space for social and private events, so, give them a call to find out more about their schedule ahead of time.
- Historical Sites & Landmarks — Without a smidgen of doubt, the focus of your visit should be on Michigan State University which is a 5,200 square foot open university with art galleries, theaters, horticultural gardens and historic museums for people of all ages. You can also learn about historical and antique vehicles at R.E. Olds Transportation Museum whereby visitors can learn about the intricate workings of historical engines, their mechanical components, old dashboard instruments and the interior of old trains and cars. Visitors can learn about history of the region at Michigan Historical Museum which is home to thousands of years of local history, tour the original railroad depot which was established in 1886 at Howell Depot Museum, bring the charter bus to learn about the large art and antique exhibits showcased at Chelsea Area Historical Society Museum, and make your way to Whaley House Museum which is one of the last few remaining historic homes in the state of Michigan. The guided tours will take visitors through a walk down memory lane as they learn more about the history of Flint as a city.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — The 4-H Children’s Garden is an outdoor recreation center located within the grounds of none other than Michigan State University. This is the perfect place for children to delve into botany and science as the hands-on activities are known to be engaging and educational. The university also has a 7-acre horticulture gardens and picnic areas for families, group tours and venue for special events or you can bring your friends out for some volleyball, tennis and basketball at Patriarche Park instead. Alternatively, outdoor lovers will get to enjoy the natural two-mile paved trail at Northern Tier Trail which will take hikers, runners and joggers through some of the most scenic parts of the state.
Professional Bus Charters and Vehicles Across all 50 States in the United States by US Coachways
Whether you are looking around for a bus charter package for personal or professional reasons, location is never an issue with US Coachways. Our bus rental services extends throughout all states nationwide and all points in between. All you need to do is to contact us and convey your preferences and needs to our friendly customer service representatives and we will secure the perfect vehicle suitable for your event in East Lansing, MI, as soon as possible.