A Successful Travel and Tour around the Charming City of Elgin IL
Take Your Time Enjoying LIVE Entertainment, Casino, Historical Landmarks and Haunted Homes
Located along Fox River, the city of Elgin, IL features some of the most picturesque attractions in the region. On top of that, there is a host of art and cultural attractions for the art enthusiast in you. Elgin is the eighth largest city in the state of Illinois, is also proud to be home to one of the world’s most renowned orchestra – Elgin Symphony Orchestra. It is hard to run out of things to do when you are visiting Elgin because visitors can get access to aquatic parks, climbing walls, gyms, outdoor recreational space, ball fields, soccer fields and even a special The Hill BMX Track.
This Illinois city has certainly come a long way since the Indian Removal Act and the Black Hawk Indian War of 1832 led to expulsion of Native Americans who had made Elgin ground their homes.
Today, it offers countless historical landmarks, art centers, parks, cultural communities and venues for events like wedding receptions, birthday parties, bachelor or bachelorette parties, business gatherings, corporate functions, church outings, school field trips, college sports trips and many other small and large events. US Coachways, in the meantime, will be happy to provide our customers in Elgin IL with the best charter bus, coach charter, mini bus, party bus, sleeper coaches, school bus, limousine or other types of ground transportation needed for these events.
A Surprising Number of Attractions for Residents and Foreign Tourists Visiting Elgin
There is no running out of places to visit in Elgin. As mentioned, there are innumerable historical landmarks, parks, recreational centers, golf courses, art and cultural points of interest to keep every visitor busy. Read on for some recommended attractions to visit in the rented charter bus.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — It came as no surprise that one of the most popular art and cultural destination in Elgin Illinois is Elgin Symphony Orchestra on Dupage Court. The orchestra was named ‘Orchestra of the Year’ multiple times by the Illinois Council of Orchestra and was also the winner of Elgin Image Award in 2010. The orchestra was founded in 1950 by Douglas Steensland from Elgin Community College and throughout the years, it has gone on to contribute and entertain its communities and continues to inspire with many outreach programs. ESO, as it is fondly known as, is home to Grammy award-winning conductor, Margaret Hillis. The orchestra aims to inspire individuals, enrich the society at large and contribute towards its partnership programs. There are many available neighboring restaurants and local hotels around its vicinity. Visiting the orchestra gives visitors the opportunity to mingle with musicians and learn from one another. So, music enthusiasts should not miss the chance to visit this Elgin gem. Looking for a place to hang out with your family and friends and have a game, enjoy live entertainment and perhaps a round of drinks in Elgin? Try bringing your group to Grand Victoria Casino Elgin on South Grove Avenue. The riverboat measures 400 feet long and 100 feet wide, it offer thousands of slot machines and a wide range of table games for visitors to enjoy amidst live entertainment.
- Art & Cultural — Don’t worry if listening to an orchestra isn’t quite your cup of tea. Head over to Wing Park Bandshell to enjoy outdoor music while theater groups like Janus Theater Company, Children’s Theater of Elgin, Fox Valley Youth Theater and Nothing Special Production are all great places to visit for those who want to expand their minds by looking at inspiring artworks. There is also a fair number of artwork showcased in Side Street Studio Arts, which is both an art gallery and performance venue.
- Restaurant & Shopping — To get some shopping done, our customers recommend heading over to Elgin Shopping Mall, State Street Market Shops and also Wing Park Shopping Center. Alexander’s Café located on N State Street provides a wide ranging menu but they specialize in baby back ribs, charbroiled steaks, prime rib, burgers, salads, soups, sandwiches and pastas. Hungry for authentic Chinese fanfare instead? Get it all at Green Jade Chinese Restaurant in Tyler Creek Plaza or you can fire things up at Toom Toom Thai on South Grove Avenue when you are craving for Thai delicacies.
- Golf Courses & Sports Venues – The Highlands of Elgins on Sports Way is a haven for golf enthusiasts. It is a challenging 18-hole golf course with a practice facility with a bent grass Tee area, high quality turf mats, 6 target Greens and also a short game area for chipping and bunker practice. Opening hours and availability is dependent on season and weather conditions, so, do check their website for a detailed schedule. It is also possible to book the golf course for a golfing outing, celebration, special tournament or even a corporate event. Professional staff is at hand to provide useful consultation, if needed. Other golf and sports facilities to check out in Elgin include the Elgin Country Club and Bowes Creek Country Club.
- Historical Sites & Landmarks — Interested in the city’s diverse history and culture? The best place to learn about it is at Elgin History Museum to be located on Park Street. Housed in a landmark building which is a part of the National Register of Historic Places, it was once known as Old Main. The museum showcases both permanent and touring exhibits. It shows visitors how Elgin, being a relatively small city, went from being a newly founded town to the city that it is today. Look out for a large collection on watches from Elgin National Watch Company. Here, guests will have a behind-the-scene look into how Elgin once hosted an early 20th century auto races, one of its kind back in the days.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — Looking for a green getaway from the city buzz? Look no further than the calming and relaxing Bluff Spring Fen. Get the charter bus driver to take you down to Bluff City Boulevard which is merely 5 minutes drive away from Elgin’s bustling downtown metropolis. It is hard to imagine that these nice hills, calming streams and vast grassland which is filled with bur oak trees is merely a walk away from malls, restaurants, retail outlets and event venues in downtown Elgin. It offers visitors the chance to spend an hour or two trekking to one of the city’s most natural landscapes. Parking could be a problem but if you are using a charter bus from US Coachways, it would be ideal solution.
- Other Points of Interest — The Elgin Turner Haunted House on Villa Street is the perfect attraction to visit for the adrenaline junkie in you. The building itself is more than a century old and is open to the public on specific days of the week….and always, at midnight. The spooky home itself faces Fox River and is a few minutes drive from Grand Victoria Riverboat Casino.
The Best Charter Bus, At the Right Price – Ground Transportation at your Fingertips
US Coachways has decades of history in the national charter bus rental industry and we are proud to bring our customers one-of-a-kind online charter bus booking service – check, reserve, manage, pay for the package completely on your computer. You can also reserve your charter bus package by speaking to our staff at 1-855-BUS-CHARTER or get our customer service to send you a quick quote when you complete the Contact Us form available on our website.