Take your Pick from our Wide Range of Charter Buses and Coaches in our Fleet
Elkhart’s Charming Attractions and Iconic Sites has Much to Offer
Elkhart is located, strategically, within close proximity to several major cities in both Indiana and Illinois and they are South Bend IN, Chicago IL and Indianapolis IN. The region, before the city was established, was commonly referred to as Michiana. The Northwest part of the city was the first to be settled in 1757 and it was mainly resided by Native Indian and American tribes of Ottawa, Chippewa and Potawatomi. A small village of Pulaski was the first one to get its own post office and later, the post office was officially changed to one for Elkhart. Although the city’s economy grew in many directions over the 19th and 20th century, after World War II, Elkhart was nicknamed the ‘RV Capital of the World’ and railroads like the Michigan Southern and Northern Indiana Railroad Company emerged, building its very first passenger train in 1852. Elkhart Hydraulic Company built the region’s very first hydraulic dam across St. Joseph River and it continues to produce power today, operated by Indiana Michigan Power. Some of the city’s most beautiful and historically-significant sites underwent major restoration and was listed in the National Register of Historic Places and it includes William and Helen Koerting House, Emmanuel C. Bickel House, Bridge Street Bridge, the entire Beardsley Avenue Historic District, Albert R. Beardsley House, Dr. Havilah Beardsley House, Young Women Christian Association and State Street-Division Street Historic District, just to name a few.
Modern Elkhart has come a long way because today, visitors will get to enjoy a large number of historic theaters like the Bucklen Opera House and Lerner Theater, museums like Woodlawn Nature Center and the National New York Central Railroad Museum, 35 facilities like water parks, golf courses, greenways, rollerblading path and events like Elkhart Jazz Festival and Elkhart Air Show. US Coachways would love to help connect you with the perfect charter bus, coach, mini bus, party bus, school bus, corporate car, van, limousine, executive coach or exotic vehicles for your trip to Elkhart so, wait no more! Give us a call right now to find out more about our economical bus rental rates.
Bring your Family and Friends to Elkhart, IN, to Enjoy its Countless Points of Interest
Elkhart offers a very balanced types of attractions in its city center, and whatever you can’t find in Elkhart, it is always a short drive away in neighboring cities and communities. Here are some points of interest that has gotten our travel writers talking and writing. We are sure they are going to be awesome for you too!
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — Regardless of season and weather, people will find themselves immersed in a day filled with fun when visiting some of Elkhart’s family-friendly attractions like Nibco Water and Ice Park; on warmer months, the attraction is a large family-friendly water park and on colder months, it is going to be hot chocolate and ice skating for everyone instead. You should not miss the chance to bring your colleagues for a team-building exercise with a laser tag game at Action Park Paintball which offers casual play and tournament play packages while Elkhart Tactical Laser Tag offers two types of play - Airsoft and laser tag. The attraction is open for group events but visitors are encouraged to call for an appointment before heading over. There are also putt putt games, arcade games and mini golf at Putt Putt Golf and Games in Mishawaka, laser light bowling, bar and banquet halls for rental at Signature Lanes, and a relaxing movie night out with your friends at Goshen’s Linway Plaza Cinema.
- Art & Culture — For sure you can find art galleries and theaters to enjoy when visiting Elkhart but the city offers some of the most unique art attractions there is in Indiana. For one, The Lerner Theater, which is home to the Elco Performing Arts Center, is stunning and offers LIVE entertainment, concerts, theatrical productions and stand-up comedy while Midwest Museum of American Art is housed in a very unique old bank building located right smack in the middle of Elkhart. It is a historical building showcasing thousands of artifacts and artwork that dates back to 19th and 20th century. The Hall of Heroes Super Hero Museum is dedicated to pop culture superheroes; they range from toys related to the superhero, props and recollects variants of the superhero through time. Young children, in the meantime, will have a ball taking in the performances at the Puppet Parlor Theater which stages puppet shows ranging from The Wizard of Oz to classic Pinocchio.
- Golf Courses & Sports Venues — If you are looking for a place to play racquetball or basketball with your friends or organizing a team-building exercise with your colleagues, consider booking the courts at Eastlake Athletic Club on Henke Street or challenge your friends to a slot car race at the 135-feet track at Thazer Raceway. The attraction will evoke memories of old school racing amidst a modern facility. When it comes to golfing, you can’t go wrong with a trip to Warren Golf Course which offers a nice balance of a challenging course and a relaxing one; it was awarded the Audubon International Certificate and named 6th best golf course in the state of Indiana.
- Historical Sites & Landmarks — Ruthmere Mansion remains to be one of the most sought after historic sites and rightfully so; the mansion was designed and built in 1910 in Beaux Arts style and ever since its inception, it has been a place for people to hold social, political and business gatherings of all types, even till the time of the owners’ deaths. You can also bring the charter bus to the National New York Central Railroad Museum to learn about model railroads, memorabilia, railcars, steam locomotives, Jim Town Historical Museum which is a 19th century farmhouse turned into a museum to educate visitors about turn-of-the-century farm life, and Northern Indiana Historical Society, a non-profit organization, for a tour around its period rooms and informative exhibits around the Victorian Mansion. Another beautiful historical mansion-cum-museum in the region is the Copshaholm House Museum in South Bend. The 1930s Queen Anne style mansion has 38 rooms, a 2.5 acres of garden, tea house and tennis lawn for visitors to make use of.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — Visitors will not only get to indulge in some people-watching in parks, hiking at Elkhart’s trails but also learn about local flora and fauna at nature centers and preserves when in town. The Wellfield Botanic Gardens has been said to be a wonderful place to just ‘get away from it all’ and is a volunteer-run attraction with more than 20 gardens to explore. It features a quaint Japanese garden that comes complete with a beautiful pond, waterfall and benches to relax at. The 3-mile long Elkhart River Island Park Riverwalk takes visitors around to some of the city’s most historic parts and it is also connected to other local parks along the way. Other outdoor attractions that are popular with the locals includes the Elkhart Environmental Center located along East Lusher Avenue which has amenities for field trips and educational outreach programs, Woodland Nature Center which is a historic site and outdoor attraction with hiking trails and places for picnics, Simonton Lake with opportunities for fishing, swimming, boating and hiking, Walker Park with their well-maintained children’s playground structure, multi-purpose sports field and a trail that snakes its way around local wildlife, and Henry Frank Park which is a 12.8 acres park with space for jogging, walking and softball. Miami Monkey Island may only be accessible over a stone bridge or boat but we assure you the playground equipment and secluded picnic areas is well worth the short trip. And besides, it offers a far more unique outdoor experience with scenic, calming views out to the sea.
- Other Points of Interest — Make no mistake about it, the RV/MH Hall of Fame in Elkhart is a site that you do not want to miss. The attraction has exhibits dedicated completely to showcasing the recreation-vehicle industry and it features cars that dates as far back as 1913.
Take Advantage of US Coachways’ Huge Database of Charter Buses and Mini Coaches in our Fleet
Whether you are looking for a small school bus for a field trip, a large charter bus that can cater to up to 60 passengers, an executive coach with modern amenities or a limousine that can seat up to 20 passengers, they are all a short phone call and email away! Contact us today to speak to one of our friendly customer service representatives and they are ready to point you in the right direction. Alternatively, log into our state-of-the-art online bus reservation and management system on our website and we will get back to you promptly with a free bus quote.