Make a Trip to Enterprise’s Top Attractions and Bring Home Wonderful Memories with you
Taking a Tour around Enterprise’s Iconic Landmarks, Theme Parks and Educational Museums in a Charter Bus
One would have to learn about the lifestyle and community’s history in Enterprise, AL, in order to understand the significance of why the city is known for its iconic Boll Weevils Monument. The city of Enterprise was founded by John Henry Carmichael who came to call this city home in 1881. Carmichael eventually opened up a store which attracted more settlers from surrounding communities and by then, more public amenities were built which included restaurants, a post office and subsequently the Alabama Midland Railway. The city then experience steady growth until 1915 when its farms and crops were threatened with the infestation of boll Weevils. So serious was the infestation that it nearly bankrupted the city and forced its residents to diversify their agricultural activities.
Thanks to interception from authorities, the city was saved and hence, the importance of the Boll Weevil Monument. The event may have nearly caused the city’s destruction but it has also introduced the city’s residents to diverse agriculture. You can also learn more about the region’s history at Depot Museum, have some fun in the sun at Adventureland and Water World Theme Park, have a party at All About Art or get active at the vast landscape at Johnny Henderson Park Trail.
US Coachways is one of the country’s leading ground transportation companies, with decades of experience in helping our customers find a charter bus, mini bus, party bus, tour bus, school bus, limousine, van, airport transfer and other ground transportation for their wedding receptions, school field trips, church retreats, family outings, corporate functions, exhibitions, road shows, promotional tours, festivals and other social events in and around Alabama. Give us a call right now to find out more about our affordable and professional bus rental services.
Fun Attractions to Check Out when Visiting Enterprise, AL
Take some time to read more about the city’s important points of interest and fun attractions like water theme parks, bowling alleys, cinemas, shops, restaurants and museums. The following summary will save travelers like you a lot of time putting together an itinerary for your trip.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — If you are visiting Enterprise in a group and there is a birthday coming up, check out Boland Lanes and Amusement on E Park Avenue; alternatively, there is also Dothan Lanes a short drive away. These attractions are local favorites for weekend activities as they get to enjoy the well-maintained family-operated bowling centers’ amenities at an affordable rate. Humble and unassuming, College Cinema, Carmike Cinemas, Clark Cinema I, II, III and IV are attractions where you can catch the latest blockbuster from Hollywood in a quiet and comfortable atmosphere. When the day is slow and you feel the need to unwind and relax, head over to for a date night. Adventureland in Dothan has a whole host of fun activities and facilities for you to have a party in. It features a water theme park, mini golf course, go-kart track, bumper cars and boats, batting cages, putt-putt golfing, arcade and a nice selection of food concession stands to choose from. And if that isn’t enough, Dothan offers up another premiere water theme park in the form of Water World. Get on the giant wave pool, ride the triple plume slide, great white slide, hang out with your young children in the kiddie pool and have a picnic with your family at its many grills.
- Art & Culture — If you are into art or coming up with artistic creations through hands-on activities, head over to All About Art in downtown Enterprise. It has some unique classes involving pottery, painting, mosaic-making and other fun art activities. Make sure to grab a spot for their summer camps and for adults, check out their wine-down programs which are held on Fridays most of the time. Have a birthday party coming up? There is tons of fun to be had for parties and you can also book a school field trip at this attraction.
- Restaurant & Shopping — There is an undeniable thriving shopping and dining scene in Enterprise. You can shop to your heart’s content at branded department stores like JCPenney or quaint and charming outlets like Gifts on the Hill which has a nice selection of gifts, accessories and souvenirs, Wiregrass Yarn Shop for some arts and crafts items and unique women’s fashion accessories at Yancey Parker’s Life Styles for Men and Women. And when it comes to food, you are definitely spoiled for choice. You can sample some spicy Thai dishes at Royal Thai on Glover Avenue, tickle your taste buds with authentic Mexican cuisine like pina fajitas, dig into exquisite Southern-style cooking at Cutts Restaurant on E Lee Street, find some value meals from Annie’s or grab some simple sandwiches or pizzas from Mellow Mushroom.
- Golf Courses & Sports Venues – If you feel like getting a little sporty during your trip, consider a bus trip to Fun Zone Skate Center in Dothan, a stone’s throw away from Enterprise. This family-friendly attraction is a 20,000 square feet entertainment center that features not just a large roller-skating rink but also a laser tag arena, bounce house, entertainment center and venue for parties.
- Historical Sites & Landmarks — The arrival of Boll Weevil, a type of beetle that feeds on cotton buds and flowers, had a significant effect on the city’s agricultural landscape, both negatively and positively. In the late 19th century, it almost single-handedly brought the cotton-growing industry to its knees and in the 1920s, it became a serious pest and thus, began a full-scale Boll Weevil Eradication Program throughout several effected regions. In Enterprise, visitors will get to learn the full story at the Boll Weevil Monument, featuring a woman carrying the beetle over her head. The monument will definitely be an interesting attraction for those who love local history and agriculture; it is definitely an iconic landmark to the city of Enterprise. For a more complete historical tour, bringing the charter bus to Depot Museum instead. Here, you will get to explore countless artifacts which dates as far back as the 1900’s and it includes period garments, costumes, agricultural equipment, furniture and some weapons. This attraction is open to the public but most of the time, you will encounter kids going on a field trip or groups of history enthusiasts who are trying to learn as much as they can about Pea River Region. And if you ever feel like learning about the African-Americans in the region, the place to be at is GW Carver Interpretive Museum. Its focus is to educate the public, especially tourists and the community’s youth, about the contributions and history of the African-American communities in the region; it was named after George Washington Carver, a local botanist and inventor.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — If you are craving for the big outdoors, here’s a recommendation - bring the charter bus to Johnny Henderson Park Trail for a walk around its trail, enjoy the pond or be a part of the action at the park’s readily-available splash pad and baseball fields. This is also the place to be if you want to be a part of a community event or festival, which includes the very unique Children’s Festival. Craving for a game of soccer or softball? Organize a weekend trip to Enterprise Recreational Complex with the kids or your friends. It has a softball complex, a playground with a splash pad, pavilions, picnic areas and a well-maintained walking trail for everyone to enjoy.
US Coachways is Always Ready to Help Connect our Customers to the Right People and Vehicles
Our staff are always ready and at hand to be of any help at all to our bus rental customers nationwide. Our customer service consultants and account executives are available 24/7 to answer all of your questions when you call 1-855-BUS-CHARTER or you can book your bus completely online using our state-of-the-art online bus reservation system. Contact Us
via email by completing this quote request form on our website and we will get back to you ASAP.