Discover Fernley’s Hidden Gems and Historical Attractions with a Charter Bus
Fernley’s Parks, Riverwalk, Shopping and Dining Districts has Much to Offer Visitors
Fernley is a city in Nevada’s Lyon County and it is one of the newest incorporated cities in the state. It is famously known as home to the Reno-Fernley Raceway and was where the headquarters of Amazon was before it moved to Reno. Before the city was established, its main historical background was deeply rooted in Nevada’s bustling agricultural and ranching industries before the Newlands Irrigation Project was launched. So, throughout the 1960s, projects were launched to construct and expand the system and if you are interested in this part of the city’s history, old concrete irrigation headgates with their embossed CCC stamps are still located throughout the city till this very day. As far as records show, the first few residents of the area are the families of James A. Galbraith who arrived here in 1906 and accordingly, it was followed with a demand for more homesteads due to arrival of even more settlers after 1907. However, it wasn’t until 1914 that the Southern Pacific Railroad and Lincoln-Victory Highways were established. The emergence of railways and highways connecting it to bustling Nevada cities definitely had something to do with the city’s various growth spurts but the growth of Reno as a business and financial center contributed tremendously. Later, it was chosen as a place for the headquarters for several large corporations which includes the Nevada Cement Company and Amazon.com. With them came job opportunities and demand for new residential areas as a result of a population spillover effect from neighboring large cities.
Today, Fernley is a popular stopover city for those who are making their way to Reno, Sparks and Carson City. When you are in town, we think you should stop by Truckee River Walk (also known as Reno River Walk) for some shopping, dining and people-watching, Wild Island Family Adventure Park for a weekend full of fun splashing in the water park, Casino at Silver Legacy Resort to try your luck at slots and table games like poker, or bring the charter bus to Carson Valley Museum and Cultural Center to learn about the city and region’s cultural heritage. If you love minor league baseball, come cheer on your favorite team at Reno Aces Ballpark, discover the wonderful world of historic antique cars at National Automobile Museum or bring the kids out to The Animal Ark and let them experience the feeding of animals, their natural habitat or let them go on a pedal car ride. Visiting all these fun attractions around this amazing Nevada city can be exhausting especially if you have young children or elderly people in your group. Do the right thing by contacting a professional charter bus rental company like US Coachways and let us help you find a reliable and economical ground transportation solution so that you can get around the abovementioned attractions comfortably, safely and affordably. Give us a call right now!
Fernley has Indoor, Outdoor, Historic and Scenic Attractions for People of All Ages
Whether it is an art center, historic museum, cultural center, event venue, casino or zoo, visiting Fernley with your family and friends can never be a wrong decision. The following points of interest has been said to be must-visit sites when you visit Fernley...and our travel writers agree! Read on below to find out more about them.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — One of the most unique attractions and entertainment options available in Fernley is the hilarious yet intriguing hypnolarious show which combines both comedy and hypnosis so, if you like these types of entertainment, do not miss the chance to check it out. While the former is meant for adults only, worry not; for the kids, bring the charter bus to Wild Island Family Adventure Park which has a water park, bowling alley, laser tag maze, glow in the dark golf amenities as well as go a karting track. For field trips, you may want to consider organizing a trip to Terry Lee Wells Nevada Discovery Museum which is a popular attraction in Reno, approximately 30 minutes drive away from Fernley’s city center. The kids will get to learn about science like water cycle, the Truckee River, renewable energy and Leonardo da Vinci’s famous inventions. For the adults, there are countless casinos to bring the party bus to and it includes the classic Casino at Silver Legacy Resort which has a large ‘The Zone’ area for visitors to catch the latest sporting games, Rail City Casino in Sparks which has nearly a thousand different video lots and tables of poker games, Stockman’s Casino with their keno, restaurant and bar and not forgetting Oasis Bowl and Slot Casino in Fallon which has both an expansive bowling center,casino and bar. Catching a movie at the Galaxy Luxury Theater and IMAX will be nothing short of amazingly comfortable and in the meantime, the Fallon Theaters shows you what an old small town movie theater is like, complete with curtains and indented orchestra pit.
- Art & Culture — One of the most popular art attractions in and around Fernley remains to be Nevada Museum of Art. It supports art programs, creative outreach programs and its exhibits are known to attract tens of thousands of art lovers from all corners of the region. You can also visit Wilbur D. May Center for their cultural programs and exotic artifacts from the past, Dance City Performing Arts Center for their dance classes and musical theater, or visit the Carson Valley Museum and Cultural Center to check out the heritage programs and chronologically-arranged exhibits which depicts what life in the region was like - from the Native Americans to the pioneers, from the Wild West to the early 1900s.
- Golf & Sports — Sports and racing are things that the locals hold dear. So, if you want to be a part of the community, you can check out the AAA Reno Aces’ game at Reno Aces Ballpark which is considered one of Minor League’s finest ballpark. It has a playground and climbing toys for young kids to enjoy while the adults catch the game. You should also make time for some motorsport at Reno Air Racing Association where there are six classes of aircrafts, Rattlesnake Raceway for their competitive racing events, Golden Eagle Regional Park and Sports Complex for softball, baseball, football and soccer events, or make some time for Lazy 5 Regional Park for their horseshoe pits, volleyball courts, skate park and picnic facilities. When it comes to golfing, the two different courses at Red Hawk Golf Club is quite hard to beat. Both the courses have been said to be of professional quality as they have been designed by famous course designers Robert Trent Jones, Jr. and Hale Irwin. We are sure you are going to enjoy the challenge that they present.
- Historical Sites & Landmarks — Nevada is one of the most historical cities in the United States and when you visit Fernley, which is located a stone’s throw away from Reno, Sparks and Carson City, you will get to enjoy various historical sites, iconic landmarks and museums. It has been said that the 200-odd historic cars at National Automobile Museum has been winning raving reviews from fans and non-fans of cars alike and if you would like to learn about the region’s rich railroad and historic heritage, the place to visit is Sparks Heritage Museum. There are also exhibits relating to the region’s unique agricultural tradition and some of the city’s involvement in space programs. The Churchill County Museum and Archive is located in a historic former safeway grocery store; today, it features antique cars, Native American artifacts, arts and crafts as well as memorabilia from the region’s early settlers. In the exhibits are also preserved photographs, documents and antique objects from the past. Grimes Point’s history goes as far back as 8,000 years ago when the local Native Americans call the area home; there is a continual archaeological study being done on-site, and the tour will take visitors on an interpretive self-guided tour.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — Without a smidgen of doubt, the Truckee River Walk is one of the loveliest outdoor attractions in Reno and the great news is that it is only 30 minutes drive away. Sometimes referred to as Reno River Walk, this attraction offers visitors a calming, relaxing atmosphere to stroll around, shop, dine and enjoy some LIVE entertainment. Mt. Rose Ski Resort is known for being the longest continuous vertical ski runs in the country and sometimes referred to as The Chutes while Sparks Marina Park is seen as a green oasis that is located right smack in the middle of a blistering desert setting. It is the perfect place for fishing, volleyball, swimming along the beaches and has walking paths and playgrounds for young children. The Pah Rah Mountain Park, although was designed and built with disabled children in mind, offers sporting facilities, picnic areas, horseshoe pits and an extensive walking path and if you want to learn about organic farms, bring the charter bus to Lattin Farms in Fallon. After touring the farm, people of all ages will get to enjoy pedal cars, corn mazes, a cow train ride, interact with some farm animals as well as shop for baked organic produce.
- Zoos & Aquariums — The Animal Ark, a unique zoo of sorts, is located in Reno. It has been designed to resemble, as closely as possible, the original habitat of animals housed at the Animal Ark. Check their website out for special shows if you are bringing the kids here for a weekend outing or field trip. The bear feedings and animal play time proves to be popular with patrons of all ages.
US Coachways Specializes in Bringing you Great Prices, Modern Vehicles and Friendly Customer Service
With decades of experience in the ground transportation industry under our belt, US Coachways is confident about our ability to tap into our database of charter bus owners, operators, drivers and dispatchers to find you all types of vehicles for your events and celebrations in Fernley, NV. When you contact us, our account executive will always be available to you whenever you need to confirm details, make changes or find alternatives. Give us a call today and find out how US Coachways can make your bus booking experience a more smooth-sailing one.