Be Driven around from Attraction to Attraction in MD’s city of Gaithersburg
Gaithersburg Offer a Host of Activities including Adventure Parks, Old Town and Unique Indoor Recreation for Everyone
The city of Gaithersburg was incorporated in 1878 and was considered a part of DC-VA-MD-WV Metropolitan Statistical Area. Historical landmarks and popular tourist destinations can be found on both sides of the divide that is Gaithersburg’s East and West side. They are divided by an Interstate. However, as you will soon discover when you cruise through the city in the charter bus, the East side of Gaithersburg is older and most of the city’s wealthier and more modern neighborhoods are on the west. Some of these modern neighborhoods are also known to embrace what they call the New Urbanism.
With that said, Gaithersburg has grown so much ever since its incorporation and this is reflected in the number of indoor and outdoor destinations designed for people from all walks of life. They include the likes of Water parks, Gaithersburg Miniature Golf, Monster Mini Golf, fun and novel recreational activities offered by Bowl America Gaithersburg and not forgetting outdoor adventures at Lockhouse 22 and Schaeffer Farms Mountain Biking Trail.
For those with limited time to spare during your trip to this unique Maryland city, we strongly encourage organizing a group trip with our charter bus rental service. US Coachways’ charter bus, school bus, mini bus, coach, passenger bus, and other comfortable and luxurious charter buses are suitable for any event including weddings, birthdays, corporate functions, private group tours, anniversaries, corporate outdoor functions, sports outing, business meetings and state-wide tours.
Destinations in Gaithersburg Will Surprise Even the Best of you
From adventurous parks, hilly terrains, modern malls, interesting museums to lively water parks, there is something for everyone in Maryland’s unique city of Gaithersburg. Come explore some of the most recommended points of interest outlined below and add them to your itinerary.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — Catering to the needs of residents and foreign tourists, Water Park at Bohrer Park is an ideal place to have some fun in the sun with theme park rides and a splashing good time in its water park. The attraction, although initially only built as a swimming pool, offers a main pool which was designed to be a ‘children’s dream play land in an island resort’, complete with palm trees, slides, floating animals of all kinds and of course, the tumble bucket. Parents can safely leave their kids playing in the rides and slides because the pool has zero-depth entry. The pool gets busier during summer months because its facilities are regularly used by families from different neighborhoods, as a summer camp locations for schools and also is popular with many other educational and religious organizations of Gaithersburg. Looking for some good old model car racing in town? Head over to Gaithersburg’s The Track at Oakmont Avenue and get involved with the city’s biggest model car racing there.
- Art & Cultural — Theater at the Arts Barn is at Kent Square Road and is the city’s go-to place when looking for arts programs like musicals, comedy shows, a little drama and other events like magic shows, monologues, pantomimes, repertories and puppetries. Visitors can also join in the fun during its Open Mic sessions too!
- Restaurants & Shopping — One might make the assumption that Gaithersburg’s Washingtonian Center is just an elaborate shopping mall to grab branded items or find discounted value products but that cannot be further from the truth because there is so much more to do at the center than just shopping! Located along Rio Boulevard and beside a man-made lake, visitors can bring kids and families along for various recreational activities like boat rides, a fun fountain, and movie theater while parents go about doing their shopping.
- Golf Courses & Sports Venues – Is your golfing bug biting you bad during your trip to Gaithersburg? Head over to Gaithersburg Miniature Golf at S Frederick Avenue or Monster Mini Golf at Gaither Road. The former, Gaithersburg Miniature Golf facility is a public golfing location and managed by Recreation Department of the City of Gaithersburg. Find the time to bring the entire family for a fun outdoor activity and don’t forget to take a picture at the waterfall to bring home with you. Monster Mini Golf takes things to a whole new level with their indoor glow-in-the-dark mini golfing facility. Because it was designed to challenge players senses on different levels (as they keep a watch out for monsters), this recreational activity is suitable for people of all ages. They cater to group gatherings, parties and corporate events. Another fun place for kids and adults alike is Bowl America Gaithersburg which is a located along Clopper Road. The facility provides a fun venue for birthdays, gatherings and also bowling lanes for the weekend bowling with friends and family. Take things up to a different level with Cosmic Bowling, a bowl-in-the-dark center whereby the lights go out and the lanes, pins and balls lights up. With laser beams flashing all around, it definitely is a novel way to have fun in Gaithersburg.
- Historical Sites & Landmarks — There is only so much shopping mall and modern facilities that one can take and if you feel like discovering an older version of Gaithersburg, organize a group tour of Old Town Gaithersburg which will is known to take visitors back in time. Most ‘attractions’ can be found along Summit Street and Diamond Avenue and there are commuter train stations, old-school restaurants, OT Museums, municipal buildings, church, public garage, bars and quaint night spots, antique furniture stores, and more! The buzz is turned up a few notches during summer time and visitors can revel in free concerts and not forgetting, the very poplar Oktoberfest.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — Would you like to find out how to survive and live it out in a blockhouse? Here’s your chance because there aren’t many of these homes left and you can find it here in Lockhouse 22 - C & O Canal Trust at Pennyfield Lock Drive. It is a historical feature in the city and provides an unforgettable experience for everyone involved. Here, there is only one way to have fun…and that is to get really adventurous and industrious. Another way to rough it out is to bring your bike to Schaeffer Farms Mountain Biking Trail. Not your usual paved biking trail, visitors will have to get over many obstacles like bumps, protruding tree roots, hilly terrains and other nature-provided surprises along the way. At the end of it all, you will be rewarded with a gorgeous scenery.
- Other Points of Interest — Time your trip to coincide with the Montgomery County Agricultural Fair if you want to be a part of this super fun event which involves a small carnival with lots of food, drinks, games and farm animals on display. The fair is popular with residents and tourists alike so, in order to make the most of your time at the festival, bring the charter bus over early to avoid the later crowds.
Easy as 1-2-3 when Reserving Your Own Charter Bus in Gaithersburg MD
With our experience in the ground transportation industry, we now provide some of the easiest, simplest and most convenient ways to book a charter bus from US Coachways. You can get in touch with your friendly customer service agents at 1-855-BUS-CHARTER or simply send us a request form through our Contact Us online form on our website.