Affordable Charter Bus Rental Services in Garland, Texas
Getting to Know Garland’s History, Top Attractions, Recreational Parks and Waterpark
Unsurprisingly, Garland made it to the list of top 100 places to live in in the country, as ranked by CNN Money Magazine. In an effort to give the city’s economy and tourism industry a boost in the 2000s, major revamp work was done to the city. The Hawaiian Fall Waterpark was one of them, opening its doors in 2003. It took over the place of Wet ‘n Wild. Other important landmarks includes the Garland Independent School District Special Events Center, Fire Town Center and countless outdoor shopping malls, retail district, restaurants, cafes and event venues were built and promoted. The move, many would consider, was a huge success in boosting the city’s image as a travel destination.
With tremendous effort being put into promoting Garland as a possible place to hold events like wedding receptions, birthday parties, corporate functions, business meetings, exhibitions, talks, seminars, educational programs, outreach and charity educational outings as well as a travel destination, this formerly quiet Texas city is enjoying its renewed popularity among the locals as well as foreign tourists.
If you are an event organizer or wedding planner looking for a ground transportation company to work with in Garland, TX, give US Coachways a call and let us help you find a charter bus, coach charter, mini bus, school bus, party bus, wedding limousine, prom limo, VIP airport transfer and other forms of luxurious yet comfortable vehicles for any type of event in Garland.
Some Suggestions for Garland’s Top Points of Attractions
Trying to surf the web for the city’s best landmarks, iconic landmarks and outdoor points of interest can be confusing. There are too many to consider, we know. Read on and find out more about some of the city’s must-see, must-do and family-friendly attractions.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — Ever since its inception in the early 1940s, the Plaza Theater is not just an entertainment landmark, it has a deep and rich history behind its refurbished structure. It recently underwent a facelift and the design is in an art deco style that will take visitors back into a bygone era. The intimate theater can seat up to 350 patrons for each of its shows; it also features state-of-the-art lighting and sound system. Check their website for schedule of shows, stage productions, concerts and the venue is often used for business meetings, corporate functions, wedding receptions, birthday parties and other forms of special events. Plaza Theater is not the only place to catch renowned shows - Garland Summer Musicals is home to the ever-popular Garland Symphony Orchestra on N. 5th Street which has been putting up world class performances since 1978. If you are trying to organize a birthday party, check out Texas Skatium on Rowlett Road. Skating around with a group of friends and family is a great way to celebrate or have a party. It is one of Garland’s most popular option for group gatherings and parties.
- Restaurant & Shopping — Garland’s downtown city center provides visitors with various types of retail outlets and quaint shops to shop at but if you are looking for branded items, make your way to Firewheel Town Center. There is large number of specialty stores, a huge mix of restaurants in the open air attraction. Harbor Point is another shopping destination for visitors and it includes a great view of the shores of Lake Hubbard too. It is an outdoor shopping district with retailers selling a myriad of items from clothing to hunting and fishing gears. With kids in tow, stop by its aquarium for a quick look-around.
- Golf Courses & Sports Venues – To catch the latest sports event in the city of Garland, bring your group in a charter bus to Curtis Culwell Center on Naaman Forest Boulevard. The Curtis Culwell Center, owned and managed by HKS Inc, is one of the state’s most popular sports arena and conference center. This 6,800 seater sports facility plays host of basketball, volleyball and wrestling matches for the residents. It is also regularly used for Garland Independent School District and SMU Mustang team. The golf enthusiasts in you will thank you when you organize a group trip in a charter bus to Firewheel Golf Park. It features 63 holes, championship-style golf course which will give your game a good challenge. When you are done, you can bring the party to its clubhouse which has a restaurant overlooking beautiful, serene greens. For bowling, there is always AMF Garland Lanes on Market Place Drive, offering well-maintained facilities for events, parties and other types of gatherings.
- Historical Sites & Landmarks — To learn about the city’s history, head on over to Landmark Museum. Here, visitors will get up close and personal with artifacts collected over time in the city, including artifacts about the city’s earliest settlers. Housed in a restored historical home, the museum also maintains a very unique antique rail car and other household items found throughout the city.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — Visitors can join the locals with their favorite outdoor activity of fishing at Lake Ray Hubbard. Formerly known as Forney Lake, this outdoor attraction is a man-made fresh water reservoir created as an impoundment of Trinity River. So, when the weather permits and your group is ready for some fun outdoors, bring your fellow travelers and enjoy fishing at its 22,745 acres reservoir; perhaps, you will bring home some striped bass, white bass, largemouth bass, channel catfish, blue catfish and white crappie with you. During summer months, schools and educational organizations can put together an outdoor trip to Duck Creek Greenbelt on Duck Creek Drive. Spend the day connecting to nature and using the park’s benches, cricket field, fishing ponds, grills, softball field, pavilion and 5.7 mile long paved concrete hiking trail. Another option for outdoor fun is Rowlett Creek Preserve, a hot spot for bikers, hikers, mountain bikers and families. For the weekend, it is possible to organize an outing to Hawaiian Falls Garland Waterpark in North Garland Avenue. An explosive fun outing is waiting for you as your group go from one ride to another - there’s The Rush, Keiki Kove, Splashwater Reef, Waikiki Beach, Kona Kooler, The Flying Hawaiian and Waikiki Wipeout, Hawaiian Halfpipe, Pineapple Express, The Pipeline and The Torpedo for guests to try out. Other options for an outdoor day out are Audubon Park, Winters Park and Springfield Park in neighboring Rowlett.
- Other Points of Interest — Looking for a place to have a bachelor or bachelorette party without hitting one of the pubs downtown? Do something unique by organizing a tour around the brewery like Lakewood Brewery. The brewery produces some of the city’s best craft beers which are sometimes seasonal and other times, available all year round. Inspired by International brewing standards, come try out unique flavors and types of brews over the afternoon while learning about the various brewing techniques employed by the staff.
Your Personal, Customized Bus Rental Experience with US Coachways
What makes renting a charter bus from US Coachways unique is the fact that our charter bus rental customers are assigned their very own sales representatives and a dedicated project manager and this ensures that their experience with us is smooth sailing and personal. Together with our trained staff, the smallest detail will not be missed. To find out more about bus rental services in Garland, TX, give us a call right now at 1-855-BUS-CHARTER or head over to our Contact Us page to complete a simple online request form. We look forward to hearing from you soon.