Travel in Germantown, Maryland in Complete Comfort and Style
Germantown Boasts of Some of the Best Attractions, Parks and Family-Friendly Destinations
The first few settlers in the city are of German descent, which explains how the name of the city was derived. Over time, however, the number of English and Scottish settlers increased, adding layers to the city’s cultural diversity. During the city’s early development, as early as 1830s, shops and businesses were built in and around Liberty Mill Road and Clopper Road. The city was featured in a few modern movies and games which includes a few episodes of The X-Files, Fallout 3 and Splinter Cell video games.
Considered by many a largely residential area, its central location and easy access to other large cities in Maryland is a big plus and it remains to be a popular choice for festivals, group events, family gatherings, prom locations, birthday parties, corporate dinners, business meetings, or vacation. For instance, you can organize a group trip the Water Park at Bohrer Park, have a fun outing with family and friends at BlackRock Center For the Arts, go shopping at Lancaster County Dutch Market or learn more about the city at Glenstone Museum.
If you are looking for a charter bus, coach charter, mini bus, school bus, party bus, prom limousine or wedding limo to cater to your event in Germantown, give US Coachways a call and we will help you find the best-priced charter bus in and around Germantown and its surrounding communities.
Check out what Some of Germantown Best Attractions
Putting together an itinerary for your trip to Germantown can be tough for those who are unsure about what the city has to offer. Continue reading, below, some recommended points of interest that we have put together for you.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — There are plenty of things you can do in Bohrer Park - water park, pools, slides, splash pools and a beach too! Adults need not feel left out of it at all as the park’s environment was designed to mimic that of an island resort. And of course, most visitors will grab the chance to chill and relax at the adjacent beach. If the weather does not allow for outdoor activities, you can organize a group trip in a charter bus to Earth Treks Climbing center in neighboring Rockville. Earth Treks is a popular chain of indoor climbing gyms, providing multi-level challenges for kids, teens and grownups alike. They are open for hosting fun, exciting parties.
- Art & Cultural — Whether you are looking around for an event venue or a place where you can let your hair down and enjoy a few hours of good entertainment with your family and friends, our charter bus rental customers encourage visitors to stop by BlackRock Center For the Arts. You can easily find it on Town Commons Drive. It is comparatively more intimate than other entertainment centers, thanks to the friendly, warm, helpful and welcoming staff.
- Restaurant & Shopping — One of the best ways to explore the diverse food culture in Germantown is to head over to Lancaster County Dutch Market which is located at Wisteria Drive. This attraction is exactly the kind of food and shopping haven you are looking for and it is also the place where you will find mid-Atlantic produce, fresh organic ingredients, cookies, cakes, bakeries, restaurants and quaint gift shops at great prices. Not only is it jampacked with a wide variety of food, it is popular with people and tourists from all over the world.
- Golf Courses & Sports Venues – Looking for a sports venue for a party? We think Bowl America Gaithersburg will make the cut. Located At Clopper Road, this attraction provides guests with a place with classic fun games and recreational activities they can enjoy with family and friends. Come enjoy a fun time with your family and friends at the well-maintained, vintage bowling alleys which has a touch of class. If bowling is not your cup of tea, organize a group trip to Gaithersburg miniature golf which is located at Bohrer Park in Gaithersburg. It features an 18-hole miniature golf course with various challenges like waterfalls, ponds, streams, etc.
- Historical Sites & Landmarks — Glenstone Museum is more than just a museum, it is an iconic spot in the state of Maryland. The exhibits tell stories of World War II, history of landscaping, architecture, art and other creative works collected over time from various locations around the country.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — There is one perfect location for a school field trip or church outing for kids in Germantown of Maryland - Butler’s Orchard. Get the charter bus driver to bring your group to Davis Mill Road for a fun outdoor adventure and tour during school holidays or family vacation. Here is the chance to get the kids involved in an enjoyable and educational trip as they learn to grow, plant, and harvest plants. The kids will also be exposed to about honeybees and the pollination process. The farm offers specific educational tours like strawberry blossom tours, country gatherings, evening hayrides and bonfires, pumpkin harvest days, holiday open house and is host to festivals like Bunnyland, Last Call for Fall and Potato Festival. For those who love nature, photography, hiking, running, biking, jogging or are simply looking for a natural space to relax, check out Great Seneca Stream Valley Park. It has a 4-mile hiking trail that runs along the stream, providing hikers with a space to enjoy its natural, untouched surrounding. For church outings and retreats, a hot favorite with the locals is Dayspring Retreat Center. Located on approximately 200 acres of land which consists of streams and forest, it is the perfect place for silence, solitude and reflection. Once visitors are done walking along the attraction’s stone path labyrinth, they can settle at The Lodge which overlooks the meadow or get some rest at The Inn, which consist of 18 individual rooms. While some trails do not welcome bikes, bring your bikes to Schaeffer Farms Mountain Bike Trail in Gaithersburg, a short 10 minutes drive away. There is a trail for everyone of all skill levels and while you challenge yourself to take on the twists and turns along the way, you are treated with amazingly scenic views.
Rent a Charter Bus in Germantown, Anytime, Anywhere, at the Best Price
US Coachways is dedicated to helping our customers find the most affordable and suitable charter bus for small and large events alike. With our experience and wide network, we hope to work together with you, whether you are an individual, corporation or organization, to help make your event a successful one. Give us a call at 1-855-BUS-CHARTER or contact us via our online quote request form on our website.