Get A Comfortable Yet Eye-Opening Tour around Some of the Best Attractions in Glendale, CA
Whether it is an Art Gallery, Kid-Friendly Party Venue or a Historical Site, there’s Something for Everyone in Glendale, CA
Before European-American immigrants made their way to the city, the area was home to the Tongva people, or People of the Earth; they were later renamed Gabrielenos by Spanish missionaries. Glendale is strategically-located at the eastern end of San Fernando Valley and is in close proximity to Los Angeles; many of its attractions, beaches, shopping outlets, diners, night spots and tourist attractions are easily accessible to residents and tourists. What is truly interesting is that Glendale is home to the largest Armenian communities in the United States and it was named ‘LA’s Neighborhood of the Year’ by Curbed.com. Thanks to the introduction of sites like Forest Lawn Memorial Park Cemetery and Grand Central Airport, the city experienced a steady growth and the city is also known for its active conservation and tree preservation efforts from early on.
The city has more than fifty parks for residents to enjoy and it includes the vast Deukmejian Wilderness Park located on the north of Cerritos Park and Central Park which has a large monument dedicated to Korean comfort women of World War II. Visitors will also get to go shopping at one of the region’s largest and most popular malls, Glendale Galleria, Americana at Brand, Glendale Fashion Center, Montrose Shopping Park, and also enjoy shopping at local markets like The Grove at Farmers Market. You can also have fun-filled parties at Jungle Zone Club, organize a bowling party at Jewel City Bowl, enjoy LIVE entertainment at Alex Theater or challenge yourself to a few rounds of golf at Scholl Canyon Golf Club.
US Coachways is one of the country’s leading ground transportation companies and it has decades of experience in helping our customers secure reliable, professional and budget-friendly charter buses, party buses, limousines, mini buses, school buses, tour buses, as well as last minute bookings for exotic vehicles. Our vehicles are perfect for events like birthday parties, wedding receptions, corporate functions, church retreats, bachelor or bachelorette parties, anniversaries, vacations, field trips and many other types of social events. Give us a call right now to find out more about how we can help you find the perfect ride for your events in and around California and nationwide.
Discovering the Many Different Sides to Glendale, CA, through its Fun Attractions
This could be the perfect time to have a bar crawl, historical tour or discover the many different layers to Glendale’s society and communities. So, here’s a short writeup about some of Glendale’s top tourist attractions, historical points of interest and art and cultural sites.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — For Kiddie parties, we think you may want to consider having one at Jungle Zone Club. This 6,500 square foot attraction has laser tag, two-story jungle-themed arena facilities and event venues for private events and birthday bashes. The good news is that it caters to corporate events, teens and games for young children too. When the weekend rolls around, families will head out to Moonlight Rollerway Skating Rink for a public ice-skating session with their friends and for indoor fun, you can always try booking the venue at Jewel City Bowl where there are party rooms to host events like a football tailgate party. We are sure guests will also have a good time catching the latest Hollywood installments at attractions like Pacific Theaters Glendale 18 and MGN Five Star Cinema.
- Art & Culture — Many do not realize the fact that the Glendale Center Theater has been in operation since its opening back in 1947 and it continues to be the longest continuously serving LIVE theater in the country. Here, you will get to catch Broadway shows, musicals, local productions, comedy acts and it has an intimate Children’s Theater which showcases young, local talents. Alex Theater is a restored historical theater which hosts film festivals, entertaining plays, musicals and there is, literally, no bad seats in this charming attraction. You will also learn about American West at Autry National Center in Los Angeles as it is dedicated to connecting the past to the present and helping inspire the future generation with stories and experiences in an effort to promote understanding of different cultures through festivals, films, music, family-friendly events as well as its large collection of American Indian collection of artifacts.
- Restaurant & Shopping — Guests will find many quaint retail outlets and family-run businesses like Mignon Chocolate located all around Glendale but no matter what it is that you are looking for, you can’t quite go wrong with a visit to The Americana at Brand. In fact, this shopping destination has a nice grassy area for families to have a picnic in while their kids play and run in the wide open green space. Glendale Galleria may have been around for some time but it often undergoes renovations, new additions and remodeling projects that it is always up-to-date and chic. For those who are curious (and hungry), head over to Napoleon’s Macaron’s for some fancy flavor and uniquely designed macarons, they are fun and delicious at the same time. There’s also a world of information about old arcade games and pinball machines at the 11,000 square foot facility at Vintage Arcade Superstore. There are approximately 50 different games that can be rented for events of all types. For birthday, bachelor or bachelorette parties, check out the fun atmosphere at The Glendale Tap or Jax Bar and Grill which is a favorite local jazz supper club located within a 1920s historical building.
- Golf Courses & Sports Venues – If you are looking for a place to play a few rounds of golf, bring the charter bus to Scholl Canyon Golf Club which is a hilly golf course located slightly north of Los Angeles. On a nice clear day, you will find golfers maneuvering their way around each sand bunker, tricky sloped greens, hilly terrains and they are then rewarded with panoramic views of Southern California city skyline. There’s also tons of fun to be had by all at Glendale Sports Complex; visitors will get to enjoy a few hours of soccer, softball, tennis, playground, climbing structures and many other sports amenities. For a good swim, head out to Pacific Community Pool instead; it is modern, safe and well-maintained.
- Historical Sites & Landmarks — Suffice to say, Forest Lawn Memorial Park is not your average park; you can come by for a quiet walk with family and friends to head out to check out the various Hollywood tributes. It is easy to see how this memorial park manages to attractions more than a million people every year. Don’t forget to drop by the museum which has a large collection of artwork from renowned local artists and around the world which includes new additions like Lego exhibitions and motorcycle collections. Some have used words like ‘exquisite’ and ‘gorgeous’ to describe what they see at The Parish Church of St. Mark. The church dates as far back as a hundred years old and features classic designs like vaulted ceilings, gorgeous stained glass and altar and if there is service or an event going on, people are welcomed to join them and be apart of their celebrations.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — Brand Park which is located near the heart of the city center is perfect for a calming evening walk and a training ground for those who are into health and fitness. The community park is surrounded by charming quaint homes, a nice array of restaurants, The Brand Library and a scenic community. Deukmejian Wilderness Park measures approximately 700-acres and is where you can find chaparral, sage scrub, and a nice secluded wooded area which is home to various local wildlife. The park is left untouched by development so, it is the perfect place for picnics and a workout. If you have kids with you, a nice attraction would be Fremont Park; visitors will get to enjoy a few jungle gyms, a large slide which measures up to nearly 3-stories tall, swings, picnic spots, open grassy areas, soccer fields and if you are tired, stop by to do some people-watching instead. Mount Gleason happens to be the highest peak in Los Angeles and with that said, you can expect a steady climb or drive up this wonderful mountain and be rewarded with an amazing view of the city, LA basin and San Fernando Valley. Other fun outdoor attractions that you should check out includes the hiking trail that makes up Beaudry Loop Hike in downtown Glendale, the 5 acres of park facilities at Montrose Community Park, horseshoe courts, basketball fields, and skate park at Verdugo Park, the intimate facilities at Nibley Park, Glenoaks Park’s playground and wading pools and not forgetting the wonderful recreational facilities provided by Griffith Manor Park.
Make Use of US Coachways’ Professional, Budget-Friendly and Convenient Bus Rental Services in Glendale
US Coachways’ reliable and professional charter bus rental services have benefited many of our customers and they continue to use our services because it saves them time and money. So, wait no more, pick up the phone and call our friendly customer service representatives at
1-855-BUS-CHARTER, complete and submit this Contact Us form on our website or log into our one-of-a-kind online bus reservation and management system right now!