Any Time of the Year is a Good Time to Visit Uniquely Charming Goshen, IN
The Charter Bus will Take you around Goshen’s Top Historic and Artistic Attractions
The founding of Goshen was due to the overpopulation of New England; the land that the city of Goshen sits on today is approximately 10 miles from Elkhart, southeast of South Bend and 150 miles from Indianapolis. The city is known as a hub for manufacturing recreational vehicles and accessories and home to one of the largest county fairs in the United States, Elkhart County 4-H Fair. Most of the early settlers of Goshen were Yankee immigrants of English Puritans in the 1600s. Back then, the residents of New England tended to have large families, sometimes more than 10 children, and because each person was expected to have their own piece of land and farm, the population boom led to overcrowding of New England and land became scarce. Due to the construction of Erie Canal, traveling to the region was made much easier and soon, the New Englanders started laying out farms, constructing roads, buildings and post routes cutting through the region’s dense virgin forest and wild prairie. Some of the city’s most historic sites includes the Elkhart County Courthouse, Goshen Carnegie Public Library, Violet-Martin House and Gardens and William N. Violett House and they have been added to the National Register of Historic Places. The residents and its visitors enjoy a great number of parks, greenways and scenic, winding trails which includes Old Mill Race which winds through a hydraulic canal, Pumpkinvine Nature Trail which runs from Goshen to Middlebury, Maple City Greenway and Elkhart County Fairgrounds. People will also get to be a part of fun events like the Goshen Air Show and First Fridays programs.
There are both indoor and outdoor attractions in this wonderful Indiana designed for people of all ages in Goshen. For instance, you can organize a field trip to Potawatomi Zoo where there are countless animals ranging from chickens to exotic animals from all around the world, or make a weekend trip to Elkhart Environmental Center to learn about local flora and fauna. People can also enjoy the scenic, relaxing yet challenging Warren Golf Course, splash around with family and friends at Wana Waves Splash Universe or make use of the indoor play areas and birthday party packages offered by Mega Play nearby. There are historical local artwork to explore at Galarina Folk Arts and fun artifacts like toys and costumes at Hall of Heroes Super Hero Museum. And the best thing is that US Coachways is ready to bring you and your friends around these wonderful attractions at a budget-friendly charter bus, coach, mini bus, school bus, party bus, corporate car or limousine. All you need to do right now is to give us a call to find out more about the promotional packages we have for you.
Learn about Local History, Enjoy Putt Putt Games or Head Out for Paintball in Goshen, IN
There’s a wide range of activities, attractions, bowling alleys and arcade centers to visit in and around Goshen, IN, and we are here to point you in the right direction if you are trying to find interesting points of interest to add to your itinerary. Read on below to find out more.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — There are entertainment and amusement centers located throughout Goshen and its surrounding cities so, there are plenty of opportunities for fun activities for people of all ages. There’s laser tag and group events at Elkhart Tactical Laser Tag, a water park and resort with more than a hundred themed guest rooms and suites at Wana Waves Splash Universe, hours of fun at the arcade center and mini golf course at Putt Putt Golf and Games located a short hour’s drive away in Mishawaka. Mega Play has amenities for American Gladiator-style jousting, a play area for young children and an indoor mini golf course. You can also enjoy a bowling night-out with family and friends at Maple City Bowl or Signature Lanes located in Goshen city center and Elkhart respectively and then catch the latest Hollywood releases and independent first-run films at Linway Plaza Cinema.
- Art & Culture — The Midwest Museum of American Art is home to more than 6,000 paintings, sculptures and artwork from the 19th and 20th century but if you are interested in Amish artwork, bring the charter bus to Galarina Folk Arts which is located in the intimate township of Shipshewana, IN. It is located inside a historic train depot that was built in 1888. When it comes to a venue for large events like balls, weddings and social gatherings, people will often opt for the 75,000 square foot space offered by Century Center Convention Center in South Bend. There are 5 galleries containing historical and contemporary art at South Bend Museum of Art, year-long LIVE performances at the gorgeous historical attraction that is The Lerner Theater. It is known for its beautiful architecture too.
- Golf Courses & Sports Venues — Warren Golf Course has been ranked the 6th best golf course in Indiana because it has a beautiful link-style course spanning across 250 acres of beautiful landscape that perfectly balances relaxation and challenges. People can also head out for summer camps and fitness classes offered by local YMCA, book the racquetball and basketball courts at Eastlake Athletic Club or challenge your friends or colleagues to a game of paintball at Action Park Paintball.
- Historical Sites & Landmarks — While there are many historic sites and iconic landmarks located throughout the region, some of them stands out for various reasons. For instance, the National New York Central Railroad Museum has indoor and outdoor exhibits like railcars, steam locomotives, model railroads and educational exhibits, Jim Town is a 19th century Queen Anne style farmhouse that showcases what life was really like in a turn-of-the-century farm, and RV/MH Hall of Fame is dedicated to the entire history of recreational vehicle history with cars dating as far back as 1913. Also to add to your list of places to visit is the 1910 Beaux Arts-style Ruthmere Mansion which served as a social, political and business gathering spot to the point of its owners’ deaths, The Nappanee Center which specializes in quilt gardening and Amish Acres which is a historic farm and resort with lodging and traditional cuisine offered to guests.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — One of the resident’s favorite outdoor attractions is Friends of the Pumpkinvine Nature Trail which is located along with Maple City Greenway and MapleHeart Trail, providing residents with a long, winding and scenic hiking and biking trails to enjoy. People will also get to be a part of the Elkhart Environmental Center’s educational classes as a part of their field trip activities, take advantage of the multi-purpose sports fields and walking trails of Walker Park in downtown Elkhart, walk along the 3-mile long paved trails of Elkhart River-Island Park Riverwalk which has a historical center that connects to several local parks, or bring the charter bus to Wellfield Botanic Gardens. The attraction features more than 20 gardens to peacefully walk around in, art sculptures and walkways lined with wildflowers, a Japanese garden complete with a pond, waterfall and benches to sit around in. Other fun outdoor activities to be done includes boating, swimming, fishing and hiking at Simonton Lake, take on a safari-like tour around Dutch Creek Farm Animal Park where the animals roam freely andhave a relaxing picnic at Shiojiri Niwa’s tea house pavilion; it is often used for wedding receptions and social gatherings.
- Zoos & Aquariums — It is all about a day full of learning about mammals, birds, amphibians and invertebrates at the Potawatomi Zoo in South Bend. Located approximately 1 hour from Goshen’s city center, the trip there will be very worthwhile since there are special programs for the kids and teens while members enjoy a picnic and a wine tasting event at the same time.
- Other Points of Interest — While technically a museum, Hall of Heroes Super Hero Museum is a special attraction that is completely unique on its own. It features toys, props and artifacts related to superheroes that Americans and the rest of the world have come to love and adore. Its exhibits includes an original Batman costume that was used by Adam West’s TV series.
Never Be Late, Lost or Find Yourself Looking for a Parking Spot During an Event in Goshen Again
With US Coachways’ reliable and professionally-driven charter buses, there will be no more driving around in an unfamiliar city, fighting with other patrons for a parking spot during a wedding and have the peace of mind of knowing that you can completely focus on enjoying the birthday party, bar crawl, bachelor or bachelorette party, corporate function, meeting or vacation in Goshen, IN! How? You can get started when you contact us over the phone, email or log into our state-of-the-art online bus reservation and management system on our website right now.