Finding Reliable Charter Bus Rental Services in Greenwich, CT
Visit Greenwich’s Top Art Galleries, Museums, Parks and Awesome Beaches
The city of Greenwich has an enviable number of pristine and peaceful beaches to boast about and they are Greenwich Point, Byram Beach, Island Beach and Great Captain Island. However, the city long fought to keep these beaches private until it was ruled that approval was needed in order to access the beaches. So, if you are looking for a peaceful outing outdoors, get the single-visit pass and the beaches are yours to enjoy. Most of the beaches has outstanding views of marina, views of Manhattan, bridges and the amazing skyline of New Rochelle, New York. In fact, if time permits, we think you should book yourself a space with the city’s community sailing center or go roller blading in its popular parks or have a few rounds of golf at the 18-link Griffith E Harris Golf Course. For teenagers and school-going children, there are year-round events and festivals held by The Greenwich Teen Center too.
You can also check out one of Connecticut’s most popular art center, Bruce Museum, go shopping at Greenwich Avenue or pay homage to the picturesque and historical Putnam Cottage when the chance presents itself. Most of these attractions and historical venues make for a good event venue for wedding receptions, birthday parties, bachelor or bachelorette parties, prom nights, corporate functions, business meetings, road shows, promotional events, exhibitions, conferences and other social events. So, if you are organizing a similar gathering in Greenwich, CT, give US Coachways a call right now to find out more about our vehicle options.
Fun and Exciting Things to do When you are in Greenwich, CT
There are art museums, historical homes and wonderful beaches to explore in and around Greenwich, CT, and if you are looking for some advice about which historical points of interest you should include in your travel itinerary, here are some suggestions.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — There are countless attractions available in Greenwich for you to catch the latest entertainment and film and they are Crown Greenwich Plaza Theaters in downtown Greenwich, AMC Loews Port Chester 14, Capitol Theatre in Port Chester, Bow Tie Majestic 6 and Rich Forum Box Office in Stamford. While all mentioned attractions feature the latest technology, there is a full service coffee and snack bar at Crown Greenwich Plaza Theaters and private events facilities at AMC Loews Port Chester. Capitol Theater is a historical theater built in 1926 which plays host to countless events, comedy acts and musicals throughout the year. Rich Forum Box Office allows for close interaction between performers and audiences with its intimate and unique setting.
- Art & Culture — There is a rich art culture in Greenwich which catches many people by surprise. For example, this fact becomes apparent when one visits Bruce Museum which is located on a small but scenic hill in the city. The paintings and artwork from all over the world, including a fascinating exhibit specifically dedicated to Vienna; other exhibits are about American Indian artifacts, Northern Baroque, etc. The exhibits are continually changing so, every visit is refreshing and unique. Clay Art Center Gallery is, on the other hand, dedicated to ceramics art. It offers outreach programs, donation drives and road shows to help promote this unique art form to adults and youths alike.
- Restaurant & Shopping — If you are looking forward to some shopping while in town, visiting Greenwich Avenue can never be wrong. Greenwich Avenue has been called one of the region’s most vibrant shopping havens and is a real treat for shoppers and diners as its center is full of restaurants, diners, cafes, bars, lounges and fast food outlets. Some would venture out to say that Greenwich Avenue is a more intimate version of Madison Avenue in New York City. Shops range from family-run businesses to famous brand names, jewelry stores to home decor outlets. Of course, there are other worthy stores like Diane’s Books, an independent book store with a unique selection of books and other useful printing materials for all you book-lovers traveling in the city. You can also host a dance party, birthday party or bachelor or bachelorette party at Round Hill Community House or hang out with your friends in the relaxing atmosphere provided by Half Full Brewery. Of course, you can find all types of unique food in downtown Greenwich. You can grab a kosher meal at Six Thirteen, fresh seafood at Elm Street Oyster House, delicious red chicken curry or drunken noodles from Thai Basil on Railroad Avenue, a quick burger and fries to-go from Burgers Shakes and Fries, quality steak from Blackstones Steakhouse on Putnam Avenue and authentic Italian pizza and salad from Terra Ristorante Italiano and Bruce Park Grill.
- Golf Courses & Sports Venues – When it comes to getting fit and healthy, try some skating at Greenwich Skating Club which is an ice rink that hosts games and tournaments like hockey leagues, figure skating and offers ice skating lessons to kids and grownups alike. You can also head over to ProSwing of Port Chester for softball training, have a round of tennis at Sound Shore Indoor Tennis LLC, go swimming at Saxon Woods Pool which also has a large play area for younger children, or organize a group trip or summer trip to Westchester County Center for some D-league basketball.
- Historical Sites & Landmarks — First Presbyterian Church in downtown Greenwich is one of the city’s most renowned and beloved historical landmarks and today, it serves as a beautiful reminder about a wonderful era in which people in the 1950s would drop by the church for pictures and to form good memories. It is also a great idea to organize a guided tour around the historical and magnetic Putnam Cottage which has a very deep-rooted history from our country’s Revolutionary War. Be ready to spend at least an hour touring this amazing historical landmark and bring home wonderful pictures and memories with you.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — There are countless festivals and unique local community events being held all year long at Audubon Center in downtown Greenwich. There are also sometimes LIVE entertainment, lots of restaurants and charming retail outlets located around this attraction. Greenwich Point Park is very picturesque, complete with facilities for swimming, boating, hiking and picnicking. If that isn’t available or is too crowded, consider having a group activity at Bruce Park where there is also a well-maintained playground for young children. Most would agree that Byram Park offers one of the most postcard-perfect places to have a weekend outing for families. There is an intimate beach area and tennis courts to enjoy too. A short distance away in Stamford is Fort Stamford Park, or locally known as Goodbody Garden. This attraction is an amazing sight during summer and spring when the garden comes alive with colors and scents. You can also go fishing together with the professionals of Magic Touch Fishing Inc. Or visit the 33-acre worth of conservation and educational center that makes Greenburg Nature Center and Manor House such a magnetic attraction.
- Zoos & Aquariums — If you have kids with you during your trip, organize a summer outing to LEO Zoological Conservation Center where there is an entertaining and educational safari. Guests will get to learn about the animals up close and personal; a bonus would be the entertaining and knowledgeable staff following you throughout the trip. Kids will also get to hold and interact with small animals in their natural environment.
Renting a Charter Bus for an Event in Greenwich, CT, Made Easy with US Coachways
All of US Coachways representatives are trained on Federal and State DOT regulations to help ensure that every passenger that gets on a charter bus provided by US Coachways are safe and comfortable during the ride. Take advantage of our experience and training by speaking to one of our trained customer service consultants at 1-855-BUS-CHARTER or contact us via our online request form for a quote via email instead.