The Right Bus, The Right Place, The Right Attractions in Groton, CT
Come Explore Some of the City’s Top Tourist Attractions and not-to-be-missed Museums
Groton is a charming, quaint city located within the New London County and on Thames River; with that said, you can expect a large number of outdoor attractions like gorgeous beaches, scenic parks and hiking trails at some of the city’s best attractions and historical landmarks. This Connecticut city is home to Electric Boat Corporation, a major submarine contractor for the United States Navy, so, this means you will get access to not-to-be-missed tourist attractions like The Submarine Force Museum and the country’s Naval Submarine Base.
Be it cinemas, theaters, art galleries and fun retail outlets, there is always something fun to do for everyone of all ages. You can organize a school field trip to Children’s Museum of Southeastern Connecticut, catch the latest stage performances at Garde Arts Center, have a bachelor or bachelorette party at Outer Light Brewing Company or check out some outreach programs organized by Project Oceanology during the weekend. If you are looking for a venue for a wedding reception, birthday party, corporate function, business meeting, road show, exhibition, team-building trip, college camp or family vacation, they are all here for you at an affordable pricing. As for ground transportation, US Coachways has just the right charter bus, coach bus, mini bus, party bus, school bus, tour bus, limousine or a modern exotic vehicle just for you. Just give us our customer service consultants a call and we can get things started right away.
Planning your Trip to Groton, CT? Here are some Suggestions to get you Going
It is not hard to see why some of our Groton, CT, charter bus rental customers have come to say that visiting Groton was one of the best things that they have done when visiting Connecticut. Here are the main reasons why Groton’s historical points of interest and tourist attractions may leave a lasting impression on you.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — There are quite a number of recreational and entertainment centers located right in the heart of Groton but our charter bus rental customers seems to have amazing group outings to cinemas like Regal in Waterford and Mystic Village Cinema 3 in downtown Mystic. One of the reasons for that is because these attractions offer luxurious amenities, comfortable seatings, the latest technology in digital projection and surround sound systems as well as reclining leather seats which lets them enjoy the latest films in a comfortable environment. For young children, a group weekend outing to Children’s Museum of Southeastern Connecticut would be a more apt option. Its exhibits covers a wide range of topics, including science, arts, health and environment and more. This educational organization was founded in 1992 and is housed in a spacious 5,000 square feet In the spotlight are their Discovery Room, Imaginative Play, Dreamup Toys and The Global Village which introduces children to many different cultures all around the world.
- Art & Cultural — Garde Arts Center is in New London, a short drive away from Groton; it features professional plays, local productions, well-known musicals as well as operas from all around the world. Many are left in awe of its beautiful setting which involves exotic carvings and Moroccan textiles. There is a large collection of artwork, paintings, photographs and sculptures at Lyman Allyn Art Museum with different themes ranging from Europe, Asia, various American periods, Africa and much, much more. Art lovers should not miss the chance to organize a group trip to catch the latest from Cornerstone Playhouse, a popular tourist attraction featuring famous musicals and comedic shows. If you are looking for art classes for young children and local community programs to be a part of, make the 20 minute charter bus drive into Stonington and stop by the Stonington Community Center. There is also a pottery studio, soccer fields, tennis courts and a quaint thrift shop to shop at for souvenirs and gifts.
- Restaurant & Shopping — When it comes to nightlife, dining scene and shopping, nothing beats bringing the party bus for a bar crawl around the city’s famous tourist hotspots. For instance, there are good meal and drinks from Christopher’s Cafe which has a nice surprising mix of delicious dishes and unique drinks and not to mention Outer Light Brewing Company’s large selection of craft brews and comfortable taproom. Groton’s city center is where you can find shops like Lee’s Toy and Hobby for toys and specialty items as well as Citadel Games on Long Hill Road. For everyday items, you can’t miss Walmart on Gold Star Highway and Stop and Shop along Route 12. For more specialty items, head over to Kelleys Kool Stuff for arts, crafts and unique accessories and A Little Bit of Me for home decor and souvenirs. Longing for some Mediterranean dishes? Head over for some Lebanese-style falafel at Beirut’s Food Palace or track down the food truck, The Rolling Tomato, for their cracker crust pizza. If you have more time on your hands, try the Asian Fusion dishes at Phantasia Restaurant, creatively crafted Italian dishes at Paul’s Pasta Shop, get some pulled pork to fire up your appetite at Chester’s Barbecue, dig into some mouth-watering pumpkin curry from Friendly Thai or grab some sushi on-the-go from Ju Sushi.
- Golf Courses & Sports Venues – It’s the weekend and you are looking for a fun indoor attraction to have some fun with fellow travelers? Check out the bowling alleys at Spare Time Bowling and in fact, turn the whole experience into the party with your friends during Twilight bowling hours. As an alternative, Family Bowl Inc in Waterford also offers well-maintained facilities as well as cosmic bowling activities. There is also much action to catch at the Waterford Speedbowl, fans of life on the fast track will have a splendid time catching a race at this famous tourist attraction.
- Historical Sites & Landmarks — Visitors will have a world of historical sites to explore and they, first of all, come in the form of The Submarine Force Museum, a unique specialty museum which brings you into a world that you may never get the chance to learn about! You get to experience what it is like in a real submarine with a guided tour and also watch how some submarines actually leave for a call of duty. Visit the Naval Submarine Base which is home to 160 major facilities and 15 nuclear submarines. The best time to visit Avery Point Light, a famous, historical lighthouse, is at night. You are rewarded with an amazing view and this attraction has a large venue for group events and holiday tours. The same can be said for New London Ledge Light, which rises over the horizons of Thames River floor; this lighthouse may be old but it continues to be active. The Fort Grisworld Battlefield State Park is a legendary Revolutionary War fort with a nice view over New London and Thames River. However, be ready to climb your way up the narrow and spirally 166 steps up. Other interesting historical landmarks around Groton are the D’elia Antique Tool Museum which has artifacts dating back to early 18th century, Mystic Seaport - The Museum of America and The Sea with their year-round events and programs educating visitors about the country’s nautical history and Harkness Memorial State Park which features hiking trails and a whitewashed historical mansion.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — One of the best things about visiting an outdoor park is stopping by a gorgeous attraction like Bluff Point State Park. There is a dog-friendly area with a scenic water view and wide trails to enjoy. Eastern Point Beach, on top of providing visitors with an incredible beach to enjoy with family and friends, has a nice view towards some of the city’s best historical lighthouses. Suffice to say, this gives you many fantastic photography opportunities. There are always some fun and exciting projects and programs offered by Project Oceanology which includes seal-watching expeditions. Poquonnock River Walkway is a scenic, calming and serene boardwalk which measures approximately half a mile long with scores of trees, tall grasses and brushes along the side of the walkway and if you are interested in fishing, give Hel-Cat II Fishing Boat a call for a fishing trip out for a fun day-out. Other fun parks and beaches in and around Groton are Esker Point Beach, Waterford Beach Park with a view out towards some tidal marshes, McCook Beach and Park and Pleasure Beach off Long Island Sound.
- Zoos & Aquariums — Mystic Aquarium is a great place to bring kids to for the holidays or field trip. The exhibits introduces kids to a wide number of marine creatures, through a touch tank and docent-guided tours.
US Coachways’ Groton, CT’s, Charter Bus Rental Services is Reliable and Affordable!
Make no mistake about it, renting a charter bus from a reputable ground transportation company like US Coachways could save you time, money and effort. Reserve your bus right away with our state-of-the-art online bus reservation system or speak to our customer service consultants who are available 24/7 when you call 1-855-BUS-CHARTER. Alternatively, get a cost estimate via email when you contact us with this quote request form.