Quick Bus Rental Services in Haverhill Massachusetts
Get to Know Haverhill’s Parks, Museums, Historical Landmarks and Downtown Shopping District
Haverhill, conveniently located on the Merrimack River, was first a farming community which was then transformed into one of the country’s top industrial center. Over the years, after much development, surprisingly, Haverhill became better known as ‘Queen Slipper City’ for producing one tenth of the shoes in the United States. Hat production came in a close second. With such an interesting history, visiting The Buttonwoods Museum where there are countless shoes in all makes and designs together with shoe-making tools are on exhibit. Haverhill was also a role-player during the French and Indian Wars as well as America’s Revolutionary and Civil War.
There are countless hidden gems to be found all over Haverhill and you can explore them all conveniently when a charter bus is used for ground transportation. From Willow Spring Vineyard, shopping at Downtown Haverhill, visiting historic Winnekenni Castle to making your rounds at Whittier Birthplace, save time and money with a charter bus tour instead of driving around on your own.
US Coachways is a reliable nationwide charter bus rental company that provides our customers in Massachusetts cities like Haverhill, Boston, Cape Cod, Lowell, Worchester, Cambridge, New Bedford, and many more. Use our charter bus, party bus, mini bus, coach, school bus, and exotic vehicle for any type of event ranging from corporate functions, church outings, weddings, bachelor or bachelorette parties, bar crawls, city tours, group gatherings, anniversaries, exhibitions, business meetings and more.
Quaint Vineyards to Slipper Museum, Haverhill is a Warm but Interesting Community
When time is of essence and you are short on time, trying to make your way around Haverhill in a charter bus can be your best option. Here is a summary of Haverhill’s best points of interest and historical landmarks.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — Located merely a 10 minute bus ride away from downtown Haverhill, Willow Spring Vineyard is the perfect place to hit for those craving for an outdoor exploration of vineyard which also offer good food and drinks. This family-run vineyard is a warm, friendly and welcoming place in Haverhill; they promote friendship, community spirit environment, preservation, agriculture, honesty and quality products.
- Art & Cultural — Buttonwoods Museum and Haverhill Historical Society is all about history, art and culture. Find this attraction on Water Street, overlooking Merrimack River and start exploring a world dedicated to Native American Settlement to the present Haverhill communities. The Buttonwoods Museum has special exhibits in the form of glassware, dolls, quilts, furniture, ceramics and toys while the Native American Artifacts section gives visitors the chance to learn about the city’s history in the form of a huge collection of stone tools, pottery, and bone implements collected from Lower Merrimack Valley. Don’t forget to visit John Ward house to learn more about early English settlement and Queen Slipper City for their huge collection of shoes and shoe-making tools.
- Restaurants & Shopping — For some shopping, visitors are encouraged to bring the charter bus to Downtown Haverhill where there are countless restaurants, a number of docks, boardwalks which overlooks the Merrimack River. The Peddlers Daughter at Wingate Street has a whole menu full of wonderful local dishes like cheap local oysters, Irish nachos, authentic corned beef dishes, the casual fish and chips, steaks and fries too. If the weather permits, be sure to reserve a table on its outdoor patio.
- Golf Courses & Sports Venues – For those looking for a location to ski with young children and beginners, get the charter bus driver to bring your group to Ski Bradford. There are, most certainly, many better ski locations for experts and professionals, but Ski Bradford provides a few different simple, easy and intermediate-level ski routes. It has lodge as accommodation for guests. Golf enthusiasts will have to make a quick pit stop at Crystal Lake Golf Club for a few rounds of golf with family and friends.
- Historical Sites & Landmarks — There are various things that visitors can choose to do at Winnekenni Castle of Haverhill – hiking, have an event or enjoy a relaxing walk around the Winnekenni Park Conservation Area. The view from the attraction is naturally very scenic as it overlooks the picturesque Kenoza Lake. The meaning behind the name of the castle translates simply into ‘very beautiful’ which correctly describes the lake, park and castle. Thanks to active support from Whittier Regional Vocational Technical High School who helped remodel and refurnish the building after a part of it was consumed by fire, the attraction is the city’s top tourist attraction today. Historical Bradford College was formed in 1803; it was once New England’s first co-educational facility but later decided to admit only women students. It only began re-admitting men again in 1971. The building itself has much historical value to the people of Haverhill. Whittier Birthplace was built in 1688 to become Whittier’s family home for five generations and continues to draw foreign tourists to Haverhill today…and for a very good reason too. This is where guests get to learn about the life of Quaker Poet and John Greenleaf Whittier. The building structure stands out because of its old-school New England far-styled building.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — Although not a park, the wide open space available at Tattersall Farm located along North Broadway, Haverhill is an amazing place to visit so that you can walk around its serene surrounding and catch your breath during a tour. Want to do something completely unique with your kids when you are here in Haverhill? Visit Kimball Farm Corn Maze at East Broadway for the time of your life as the kids (and the grownups too) make their way out of a maze in the corn field. Think you have the maze all figured out? The maze changes every year so that you will have to find your way out of it in a whole new way every time!
- Other Points of Interest — Visitors might want to check out the historical and very unique Haverhill Clock Tower located at Walnut Square School to take some unforgettable pictures to bring home with you.
Easy Bus Booking Services Nationwide and Statewide
US Coachways specializes helping our customers find the perfect bus and ground transportation in many cities in Massachusetts and other States in the country. Take advantage of our short notice bookings services and wide selection of vehicles by calling us at 1-855-BUS-CHARTER or complete the online request form on our Contact Us page on our website.