Easily Book your own Bus for All Social Events, Big or Small, in Herndon, VA
Take a Tour around Herndon’s Best Art Galleries, Restaurants, Nightspots and Historical Sites
The city of Herndon was named after American explorer, William Lewis Herndon who was the captain of ill-fated SS Central America. Herndon went down with the ship while trying to save more than 150 passengers and its crews. In the 1870s, Northern soldiers and their families moved to Herndon because of a more affordable lifestyle and its pleasant climate. Even back then, many prospered under the trade and instruction programs where local native Americans were given the chance to make a good living. The city was slotted to be a part of the Washington D.C. area but it thrived on its own dairy farming and tourism industries which benefited from the existence of Loudoun and Hampshire railroads. The railroad was later converted into a hiking and biking trail that visitors will get to enjoy during their visits today.
Visiting Herndon is fun and exciting especially if your trip coincides with fun festivals like Friday Night Live! free concerts, Farmers’ Market, Town Square Singers, Herndon Festival, Fourth of July, Big Truck Days, Public Works and Meadow Wildflower Walk, Labor Day Jazz festival, Annual Motorcycle Poker Run and Naturefest Celebration. You will also find attractions like Herndon Depot Museum, Herndon Centennial Golf Course, Herndon ArtSpace, Bready Park, National Air and Space Museum and Eolf Trao National Park for the Performing Arts incredibly refreshing attractions to pop by for a few hours of fun with family and friends.
If you are a wedding planner or event organizer who is looking for a reliable and professional ground transportation company to work with for your events in Herndon, look no further than US Coachways. We are a professional ground transportation company with decades of experience in helping our customers find budget-friendly bus rental packages in Herndon, other cities in Virginia and most major cities in the United States. Take advantage of our wide network of charter bus owners, operators, dispatchers and drivers today!
Ideas and Suggestions about Things to do and Places to go in Herndon, VA
If you are planning an itinerary for your trip to Herndon, VA, in the near future, you can take a cue from our fun-loving travel writers who are always on the look-out for fun attractions and important points of interest all around Virginia. Read on to find out more about them.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — Laser Nation and Sudden Combat are great for a birthday party or weekend outing, both located in neighboring Sterling, a short 10-minutes drive away. Laser Nation is often used for birthday parties, youth programs, church groups and corporate parties and visitors will get to use its arcade, air hockey tables as well as concession stands. Go ahead and make use of the fun fitness arena in the 15,000 square foot Sudden Combat as it caters to after-hours group parties as well so, let your hair down and have a little bit of fun during your visit. You can also bring the charter bus to Allsports Grand Prix to race around the oval-shaped go-kart race track, play dodge ball, basketball slam, open jumping session and trampoline facilities at Rebounderz. Sammy’s Bounce House features large and clean inflatable bounce houses and free bubble machines while Bowl America Dranesville is where you can have an unforgettable bowling party, play arcade games and enjoy cosmic bowling during your stay. For a movie night, you can choose between AMC Worldgate 9 or Bow Tie Cinema; both features the latest movies and countless independent films.
- Art & Culture — NextStop Theater Company is where you would want to head to if you are looking for creative and inspiring LIVE theatrical productions; they have more than 25 years of experience in promoting youth classes and summer programs. For ballet and contemporary dance performances, visitors should consider indulging in some art presentations and community events at Classical Ballet Theater in downtown Herndon or enjoy the musicals, comedy acts and seasonal performances at Elden Street Players Industrial Strength Theater on Sunset Park Drive. There are countless artwork, paintings and photographs at ArtSpace Herndon and you can also be a part of Greater Reston Arts Center’s annual art festival which features hundreds of artwork and youth outreach programs. For art classes, yoga and swimming, head on over to Reston Community Center instead.
- Restaurant & Shopping — The dining and night scene in Herndon is bursting with life, colors, scents and flavors. You can grab freshly-made sushi from sushi bars like Matsutake Sushi and Steak House, experience what true Peruvian food is all about at Waku Chicken, savor the traditional American meal like Lobster cone and portabello flatbread from Stone’s Cove Kitbar, dig into Tex-Mex and Latin American cuisine at reputable outlets like Guapo’s Restaurant, quickly grab a hotdog or daily specials from The Wiener’s Circle, test-drive your taste buds with Salvadorian delicacies like chicken tamales and pork and cheese papusas from Tipicos Gloria Restaurant and then pamper yourself with Middle Eastern food from Charcoal Kabob. Bring the charter bus to Ned Devine’s Irish Bar and Restaurant to celebrate a birthday, have a bachelor or bachelorette party at Kalyosos Sports Tavern or go ice-skating and shopping at Reston Town Center before leaving.
- Golf Courses & Sports Venues – Many visitors would consider Herndon Centennial Golf Course a true hidden gem, a relaxing and challenging course right in the middle of a very busy city. In the meantime, Woody’s Golf Range is owned by former PGA golfer, Woody Fitzhugh and it features a nice driving range with well-maintained turf mats, targets and a nice miniature golf course as well. Perils of the Lost Jungle Miniature Golf is a much-loved attraction which is where you will find an 18-hole golf course complete with smoke machines to create illusions and distractions, lighting, music and sound effects to make the experience more exciting. Visitors can head over to Hunters Creek Swim and Racquet Club and Herndon Community Center for some swimming, tennis, racquetball games, gym and fitness classes, Reston Association for tennis, Reston Town Center Ice Rink to make use of its outdoor skating rink or Skatequest for a fun birthday outing.
- Historical Sites & Landmarks — Reston Museum and Shop is where you would want to organize a trip to if you are interested about the city and region’s history. A huge collection of archived materials, restored artifacts and educational exhibits are available during opening hours. You can also check out the historic schoolhouse and sports complex at Claude Moor Park/Lanesville Heritage Area where there is more than 11 miles worth of hiking trails, picnic pavilions and a fishing pond. Other worthwhile outdoor attractions in and around Herndon includes the interactive children’s farm museum and and farm kitchen at Heritage Farm Museum and the large collection of space and aviation artifacts at National Air and Space Museum, a short 15-minutes south from Herndon.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — Visitors will get to experience what life was like in the 1900s at Frying Pan Park; it has a recreated 18th century schoolhouse, farm, meeting house, kitchen and a working 1930s farm environment for visitors to explore and of course, if you are game for horseback riding, this would be THE place. Visitors will also get to indulge in some outdoor recreational activities like basketball, tennis, bocce ball or make use of the synthetic turf field at Arrowbrook Park, go hiking and walking along the paved Sugarland Stream Valley Run Trail which will take you around to scenic woodlands, calming streams and marshes, bring young children to the jungle gym and spacious playground at Alabama Drive Park or join the Herndon Festival and Labor Day celebrations at Herndon Park and Recreation Center. A fair number of families and educational organization bring kids and teens out to Vernon J Walker Nature Education Center so that they get to learn about the naturally wooded areas, have a bird walk and be a part of the classes at Nature House and they can also take advantage of the well-maintained facilities at Reston North Park. Brown Chapel Park is located in Reston and it features volleyball courts, baseball courts as well as paved nature trails and baseball fields or you might find yourself learning how to paddleboard with the professional help from Surf Reston LLC instead.
Great Service and Affordable Pricing Renting a Charter Bus with US Coachways
Our customers know that whenever they make use of our service, quality customer service is to be expected. On top of offering our customers efficient and professional customer service when they call 1-855-BUS-CHARTER, our customers benefit from our budget-friendly promotional packages when they Contact Us on our website. In order to cater to our customers who are sometimes on-the-go, anyone can now log in completely online with our state-of-the-art online reservation and management system.