Getting an Affordable Charter Bus for your Event and Make a Smooth-Sailing One
Discover Homewood’s Best Tourist Attractions, Historical Homes, Science Museums and Gorgeous Parks
Homewood is located in Jefferson County but is also is to one of the most popular Birmingham suburb. Many within the region knows the city for The Homewood High School Patriot Marching Band’s many participation in Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, a band from outside of New York City Parade that had participated more times than those within NY. The residents treasure the fact that many of the city’s natural landscapes are preserved and protected so, visitors will get the chance to enjoy outdoor attractions like Patriot Park, Woodland Park, Homewood Central Park, Overton Park, Spring Park, Homewood Soccer Park and West Homewood Park.
But that is not where the fun ends. Families can bring their kids out to Breakout Birmingham for a fun game of breaking out of a themed room, a fun learning experience at McWane Science Center, shop for treasured gems and antiques at Prime Time Treasures, catch a game at the region’s oldest ballpark Rickwood Field Park or have a field day at Birmingham Zoo.
US Coachways is always ready to help bring you the most affordable, modern and safe charter bus, mini bus, school bus, limousine, party bus, van and exotic vehicles for events like weddings, birthdays, anniversaries, corporate functions, social events, field trips, church outings and other gatherings. Wait no more, give us a call and let us help connect you with the best bus and operator in Alabama today!
Discover the Wonderful Gems and Historical Sites in Homewood, AL
Our well-traveled, fun-loving travel writers have compiled some favorite tourist attractions and historical and iconic points of interest that you may want to include in your itinerary so, here’s the conclusion.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — One of the most fun and exciting things you can do in Homewood is to check out Breakout Birmingham, one of the city’s premiere ‘escape room’ style entertainment outlet. Locked in a themed room, your group would have to put your head together to solve puzzles to break your way out of the room. It is also a fantastic way to celebrate a birthday or have a team-building event as it allows every single person the chance to have a go at solving the creative puzzles. For an outdoor adventure, bring the charter bus to Splash Adventure and have a splendid day out in the sun! It was formerly known as Alabama Adventure and features a stunning nine-story drop slide, a large wave pool, tube slide area, a safe toddler splash pool, a giant flume, a lazy river and many more. It is also an incredibly fun place for school-going children and teens. For a unique, creative and educational trip with the kids, check out McWane Science Center. It has 4 floors worth of exciting science exhibits, experiments, a large collection of dinosaur sculptures as well as an intimate aquarium to have fun in. When it comes to indoor entertainment and sports, the place to be is Vestavia Bowl - come enjoy a southern-style bowling tournament or engage in your very own game with family and friends. This attraction may have come a long way, the amenities are modern and lanes are well-maintained so, let your hair down and have some fun, some cocktail as well as enjoy the arcade games.
- Restaurant & Shopping — If you like shopping for women accessories, bath and body products, don’t miss the chance to check out the chic and charming Three Sheets: A Linen Shop. Most consider it one of the best places to find antiques, unique arts and crafts, perfumes, gifts and souvenirs. At Prime Time Treasures, there is a treasure trove of unique items to shop for so, if you are thinking about what to get for your family and friends for Christmas, this could be your answer. It features arts and crafts items like bird houses, old number plates, wood models, trucks and cars, carefully put together in a creative way and if you fancy a cute kids toys, grab them while you still can. Another place for you to do some shopping is Riverchase Galleria, a short 15 minutes drive away from downtown Homewood. The atmosphere is old school and very tranquil, not your conventional shopping destination, making it a very relaxing place for people-watching.
- Golf Courses & Sports Venues – Rickwood Field Park is one of the oldest, and most historical, professional baseball parks in the United States. So, even if you are not a fan of the sport and there isn’t a game going on, it is still worth a visit. However, when a game is on, this attraction comes alive with an explosion of energy, sight, sound and smell.The park was opened in 1910 and introduced as the home to Birmingham Black Barons; today, it continues to be a work-in-progress and regularly hosts special events and community festivals. Another historical ballpark is the affectionately known attraction ‘Old Gray Lady’ - Legion Field. Located right smack in the middle of Birmingham’s bustling city center, this historical attraction continues to host many sporting events all year round.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — Aldridge Gardens, in Hoover, is definitely a calming respite from the busy city life. This is an amazing place to be in if you enjoy the outdoors around a lake while feeding the geese and their babies. Dogs are welcome and there are also amenities for visitors to do some fishing as well as grounds for camping, walking, picnicking and shopping at its intimate gift shop. As the name may have already revealed, you can find serene waterfalls, local wildlife and walking trails at Moss Rock Preserve and Waterfalls. Any time is a good time to hit the trails as they are very well-maintained; nature-lovers and photographers will find some unique rock formations absolutely intriguing. One of the best outdoor attractions in Birmingham is the Birmingham Railroad Park, with its 19-acres worth of skate park, outdoor gym, history wall, picnic area, ranger house, walking trail and fun playgrounds for kids to have fun in.
- Zoos & Aquariums — Located a short drive away in Birmingham, AL, the Birmingham Zoo is a 1955 park that is home to more than 200 species of animals from all around the world, including some endangered species. A non-profit organization, the zoo is also a member of the Association of Zoos and Aquariums and Species Survival Plans; it plays host to unique events like Nocturnal Adventure so, head on over if you wish to be a part of it.
US Coachways Makes Renting a Charter Bus in Homewood as Easy as 1-2-3!
You can reserve your charter bus completely online using our state-of-the-art online bus reservation system on our website. As an alternative, you can speak to our friendly and knowledgeable customer service representatives over the phone or have our staff send you a quote via email when you complete this simple and convenient Contact Us