There is No Better Way to Safely and Comfortably Travel Around Jeffersonville than with a Charter Bus
There are Vintage Fire Museums, Traditional Stadiums and Quaint Charming Galleries Waiting for You to Tour
Jeffersonville is located in Clark County in the state of Indiana and to the locals, it is sometimes referred to as simply Jeff. Located along Ohio River, the city naturally attracted early inhabitants and because it is a short distance from Louisville, Kentucky, it was an important historic site during the country’s various wars including the war of 1812 and the American Civil War. The city experienced rapid growth especially during the Antebellum era and the name was thought to have been inspired by Thomas Jefferson. In fact, the early design of the city was based on a grid pattern drew up by Thomas Jefferson and there was a time when Jeffersonville was the de facto capital of Indiana. During the country’s Civil War, Jefferson’s prominence rose because it was seen as a gateway for soldiers, supplies, hospitals and railroads. During the war, the city became home to tens of thousands of patients and it was under the command of Dr. Middleton Goldsmith. Although the residents DID suffer from the Great Depression, as with the rest of the world, Jefferson’s thriving night scene and large number of casinos became the city’s highlight, earning Jeffersonville the title ‘Little Las Vegas’. But this was a point for contention because the State of Indiana went after the casinos, closing them down and eliminating gambling from Jeffersonville. Quartermaster Depot was built during World War II and after the war, the depot was converted into a thriving shopping center for its residents. What really fuelled the tourism industry in Jeffersonville was the Big Four Bridge Project which was a co-founded ideas by both the Indiana and Kentucky’s governors. Millions of dollars was poured into building pedestrian and bike paths linking Louisville and Jeffersonville, Big Four Station plaza, and Big Four Barbell Club. The plaza is home to a covered playground for young children, has a gorgeous fountain, stage, pavilion and a lot of wide open green space for the residents to enjoy. Visitors are also attraction to the city’s riverfront and vibrant downtown area which has a nice mix of bars, restaurants, coffee houses, fast-food chain restaurants, quaint family-run businesses and boutique hotels.
US Coachways is a reputable charter bus rental company with decades of experience in helping people like you, whether you are an organization, a church or an individual, secure the perfect ride for any event in Jeffersonville, Indiana. We can help you find a charter bus for a trip to popular family-friendly attractions like the Jeffersonville Aquatic Center or you can leave the driving to a professional while you and your family have a splashing good time with all the amenities that Clarksville Family Aquatic Center has to offer. In fact, there are modern, luxurious coaches and mini buses to take you for a team-building event at Bluegrass Indoor Karting, bring your group for an educational tour around sites like Howard Steamboat Museum and Mansion and Vintage Fire Museum and Safety Education Center. There are safe and comfortable school buses for your trip to Muhammad Ali Center, executive coaches to take your group to Perrin Family Park and Louisville Zoo too. Making use of our charter bus rental services is always a win-win situation for our customers and you, too, can take advantage of our wide range of vehicles with our promotional packages. Give us a call today, we look forward to hearing from you soon.
Jeffersonville Has a Surprising Number of Attractions and Museums for Visitors to Learn About
Whatever it is you are looking for in and around Jeffersonville, we are sure you can find it here in Jeffersonville...otherwise, there are many points of interest located in neighboring Louisville, KY, for you to visit. Sitting on the border of Kentucky and Indiana, Louisville city center is less than 10 minutes drive from downtown Jeffersonville.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — Visitors are spoiled for choice when it comes to fun amusement centers in Jeffersonville. Visitors should consider making a trip to Jeffersonville Aquatic Center; its amenities includes pools for both recreational and competitive swimming, diving boards and a zero depth entry pool for young children. People can also take on the Mount Olympus water slide, Tsunami Sea and King Neptune’s Cove at Atlantis Park in Clarksville, or indulge in the 154 feet plunge pool, water and tube slides at Clarksville Family Aquatic Center, or bring the charter bus to Louisville Waterfront Park to cool down when the weather is hot and humid. There are special events held at the attraction all year round and it includes art shows, concerts and firework displays during festivals. But that’s not all there is to it because you can race your friends to the finish line with the go-karting amenities at Bluegrass Indoor Karting where racers can reach up to the speed of 40 mph on modern go-karts, enjoy some arcade games, make use of batting cages, mini golf and a large variety of family-friendly games at Kart Kountry Family Entertainment Center. Other alternatives includes a bowling night-out with your friends or colleagues at Vernon Club and Lanes in Louiseville.
- Art & Culture — When it comes to fun and entertaining art galleries and theaters, you will soon see that size is not a matter at all. You can catch top quality entertainment from the city’s best performers at the terrace of River Stage’s floating stage at its amphitheater where there are regular performances throughout the year, or bring your group with a charter bus to Clarksville Little Theater along E. Montgomery Avenue which is considered by many as a cultural hidden gem with a wide range of stage plays and musicals performed by the local pool of talents. Derby Dinner Playhouse, a local dinner theater, has been around for decades and ever since its inception, it has bringing millions of people shows that range from Broadway musicals to stand-up comedies...all served up with delicious traditional American cuisine. That’s, of course, not the end of the list of great art attractions in Jeffersonville. You can visit Kentucky’s oldest museum, The Speed Art Museum, where there is a large collection of paintings, art pieces and sculptures across all genres or attend one of its special exhibition or family art event, bring the charter bus to Carnegie Center for Art and History to the three permanent exhibits that relates to both history and art, or bring the party bus to Fourth Street Live!, one of the region’s most vibrant entertainment districts. The district is historic on its own and features a large cluster of retail stores, diners, chic restaurants, night spots and clubs like The Fudgery, Foot Locker, Kill the Devil Club and Ri Ra Irish Pub.
- Golf Courses & Sports Venues — What makes Louisville Slugger Field so unique is the design of the stadium which was designed in retro-classic style , reminiscent of the good, old baseball days; aside from that, it is a fantastic place to catch the local Louisville Bats team in action.
- Historical Sites & Landmarks — One of the most important landmark locations in Jeffersonville remains to be the Howard Steamboat Museum and Mansion which is a treasured preserved historic site in the city. It educates visitors about the creation of steamboats that helped shape the city’s earlier developments and there are also exhibits showcasing the life of the family who used to live in the adjoining mansion. If you love history of firefighting, the vehicles, tools and its technological advancement over time, be sure to make your way to Vintage Fire Museum and Safety Education Center, located at the heart of Jeffersonville. The attraction has been beautifully restored and so are the antique fire engines, uniforms, hats and memorabilia. You can also bring the charter bus to the unique Muhammad Ali Center which is a self-explanatory site featuring the work, life and achievements of one of the boxing world’s biggest names, Muhammad Ali, or you can make a trip to Frazier History Museum where there are thousands of years of history to learn about and they include American and International artifacts from all around the world. Another not-to-be-missed site is Cave Hill Cemetery which used to be a farm. The cemetery is unique because of the beautiful monuments and lakes around it and it is also the final resting place for some of the region’s top public figures like Colonel Harlan Sanders and Enid Yandell.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — There is no lacking in the number of outdoor attractions and green lungs for visitors to enjoy and the amenities available range from fun unique outdoor attractions with kid-friendly facilities to beautiful manicured gardens. Perrin Family Park is located in Jeffersonville’s city center and this is where families can enjoy a walk, a picnic or view the unique Teddy Bear Center which is home to hundreds of stuffed animals. There are more than 25 public, private, and specialty parks located throughout Jeffersonville and one of the most beautiful ones would have to be the Glossbrenner Public Garden. It is located right in the heart of Jeffersonville historic city center and offers a nice place for people-watching or a have a relaxing stroll. Visitors can also head out to the playground, aquatic center or make use of the lighted tennis courts at Colgate Park, take in the beautiful view of Jeffersonville city center from Ashland Park in Clarksville, bring the family out for some fishing, bird-watching and picnicking at Falls of the Ohio State Park, or even go horseback riding, play around the splash pad or enjoy Nettleroth Bird Sanctuary at Cherokee Park in Louisville, KY. The latter attraction also has amenities like a lake for fishing, an archery range, basketball courts and biking trails for everyone to enjoy.
- Zoos & Aquariums — Looking for a place for a field trip with your students or children? Look no further than the ever-fun Louisville Zoo where thousands of animals from all over the world are on exhibit, ready for your children to interact with. The animals are kept in an environment that is as close to their natural habitat as possible and sometimes, the establishment shows popular movies and documentaries at its 4D theater.
US Coachways Caters to All Types of Events Ranging from Large Corporate Functions to Smaller Family Vacations
No number is too small or too big for US Coachways. With our wide range of charter buses, coaches, vans, corporate cars, limousines and exotic vehicles, we are confident about being able to help you connect to the right people and the right vehicle at the right price, regardless of the nature or size of your event in Jeffersonville, IN. Contact us today and our friendly and efficient customer service representatives will help you find just the perfect vehicle for your event, even last minute ones, in Jeffersonville, IN.