Have an Unforgettable Trip to Lakeland in a Comfortable Charter Bus
Apart from Lakes and Parks, Come See a Different Side to this Unique Florida City
Lakeland was home to a large number of Native American tribes and was once targeted for development, the city instantly formed a Sister Cities program with Ontario, Canada; Chongming County, Shanghai; Ehime, Japan and Balti, Moldova. Because of its central location, it was placed on the center stage during the Spanish-American War when many of the country’s troops used the sunny peninsula as a launch point.
Lakeland got its name for very obvious reason - nearly 11% of the city is covered in water and it has a total of 38 lakes, with many to this very day, remaining unnamed. Naturally, the city’s culture was developed around lakes and parks. Some of the city’s most prominent lakes are Lake Hollingsworth, Lake Morton, Lake Mirror, Lake Gibson, Lake Beulah, Lake Parker and many more. Apart from the lakes, visitors will also get to enjoy attractions like Explorations V Children’s Museum for Children, The Lakeland Center for festivals and large events, Polk Museum of Art for artistic exploration and Florida Air Museum to learn about the city’s rich aviation history.
Many of our Lakeland charter bus rental customers find it a feasible and wise decision to have their birthday parties, bachelor or bachelorette parties, corporate functions, business meetings, school field trips, wedding receptions, anniversaries, and other forms of group events in Lakeland instead of in larger cities. If this is what you are thinking of doing too, let US Coachways help find you a budget-friendly charter bus rental package in this Florida city.
Discovering the Hidden Gems of Lakeland, Florida
Trying to come up with a schedule and itinerary for your trip to Lakeland and having trouble deciding on which ones? Here are some suggestions, travel tips and facts about some of Lakeland, FL’s best points of interest, historical landmarks and outdoor attractions.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — When kids are with you during your trip to Lakeland, be sure to add THIS to your itinerary - Legoland Florida! Located in Winter Haven, Florida, this amazing amusement park is just a short drive away from Lakeland. Let the kids get creative while exploring themed areas like the water park, Land of Adventure, LEGO City, LEGO Technic, Pirates' Cove, Fun Town, Miniland USA and many more. Whether it is a horror movie or a romantic love story, there is something showing at Polk Theater that might suit your fancy. Most importantly, the theater is comfortable, clean and well-maintained. You do not need to have a party at Explorations V Children’s Museum in order to enjoy the attraction. Young children will get to climb up and down a tree house, learn about managing their own Supermarket, or pretend to put on a play in this wonderfully entertaining tourist attraction in downtown Lakeland. There are very few drive-in theaters left in the country and you are lucky that Silver Moon Drive-In Theater have consistently been bringing in good shows and classics to its drive-in theater. If you have never experienced this before, choose a night and come in a group with your fellow travelers.
- Art & Cultural — With a capacity to seat more than 8,000 people in its arena and theater, The Lakeland Center was home to Lakeland Loggerheads ice hockey team and Lakeland Thunderbolts indoor football team for a few years. Today, this is one of the best places to find festivals, public events, wrestling matches, conferences, exhibitions and concerts. The Florida Southern College Frank Llyod Wright Visitors Center is a good place to start if you are new to Lakeland. Said to be the Frank Lloyd Wright haven, this attraction is a must for architects and history lovers. Do visit the William H. Danforth Chapen and Water Dome too if time permits. Polk Museum of Art is a charming museum featuring artwork from renowned and aspiring artists from all layers of society. The museum features both permanent and touring displays so, every repeat visit is refreshing. There are awe-inspiring sculptures outside the premise and amazing souvenirs and gifts you can buy at its gift shop. Ever wanted to be up close and personal with an F14 Tomcat? Then organize a group trip out to the Florida Air Museum at Sun ‘n Fun. There, visitors will also get to learn about several other airplanes and better yet, sit outside and watch the takeoff and landing of other active aircrafts because the museum sits adjacent to an airfield.
- Restaurant & Shopping — Lakeland boasts of a vibrant and thriving art, dining, shopping and night scene. Organize a group trip out to Parkesdale Farm Market to learn about the local shopping and dining scene for yourself. Get your hands on some of the city’s best bakes and cookies too! For an Asian Fusion/American meal, head over to BD’s Mongolian Grill or if you are craving for BBQs and burgers, the right place to have a party is Fat Maggie’s. Visitors will also get to the chance to sample exquisite Cuban fanfare from Elena’s Cuban Cafe, grab a good cup of coffee in the morning from Black and Brew near Munn Park or discover a world of local wine from Keel and Curley Winery. For a cold glass of beer, head over to Linksters Tap Room, a sports bar with a unique local charm.
- Golf Courses & Sports Venues – Joker Marchant Stadium is no ordinary sports arena, there is much history behind the walls of this attraction. When there isn’t a game going on, there will be training so, you can have a stroll around the premise, get some food, find yourself a comfortable seat and cheer them on. For some good old golfing, try the challenging golf course at The Club at Eaglebrooke. Enjoy the nice layout while maneuvering the ball over waters, obstacles and rolling areas. The neighborhood itself is quiet, upscale and unique in every way. Another golf course to check out is the Cleveland Heights Golf Course. It features a 27-hole golf course with a nice clubhouse, bar and restaurant. Big Cypress Golf Club does have its own challenging golf amenities too so, be sure to check their website for more information. If traveling with teenagers, have a go at kayaking, diving and rafting at River Ventures or get a workout at Kelly Recreation Complex instead.
- Historical Sites & Landmarks — The First Presbyterian Church is, literally, the first church of its kind in Lakeland. There is so much history behind this impressive church with well-manicured lawns, garden and columbarium. Visitors are often marveled with the elegant foyer, pictures, gymnasium, kitchen, youth facilities, polished stone benches and more. The visit should be a peaceful and calming one because it overlooks the serene Lake Hollingsworth.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — There are countless parks and recreation centers to visit in Lakeland. Organize a group trip out to the well-tended and stunning Hollis Garden with a wide variety and species of plants and flowers. Circle B Bar Reserve is truly a hidden gem because of its excellent walking paths which brings visitors, sometimes, face to face with local wildlife like great egret, red shouldered hawks, raccoon, alligators, and a wide variety of plants. Common Ground Park is a hot favorite with families with small children. Let them unwind playing at the cool playground, slide down the park’s small hill, go into tunnels, have a picnic, climb structures and a rock wall while you enjoy a day outside. Lake Mirror is a beautiful park located right beside Hollis Garden, in the heart of the city’s busy business district. If you are a health enthusiast looking for a good place for a walk or run, make your way to Lake Hollingsworth as a way to unwind. For young children, perhaps, visiting Lake Morton will be a better option - there are gorgeous swans swimming all around the big lake, a gorgeous sight to behold. Munn Park is a huge and peaceful park located in the city center and a fantastic oasis for for people-watching. When you visit Saddle Creek Park, you will also be crossing paths with birds, lizards, turtles, fishes and other friendly animals that call this park home. For some fishing, consider planning a trip to Tenoroc Fish Management Area instead.
- Other Points of Interest — Interested in introducing the kids to farm life and animals? Make that short drive out to Lakeland Berries during your visit. Guests will get to pick their own berries and eat them too! In the meantime, shop for incredibly tasty pancakes and healthy smoothies at the end of the trip. You won’t regret this unforgettable experience!
Safety of Passengers the Number One Priority for US Coachways
The company’s top priority is unchanging....and that is the safety and comfort of our passengers. With 10 million investment in insurance, US Coachways has become one of the nation’s favorite ground transportation companies to work with. To rent a bus in Lakeland, speak to our efficient customer service agents at 1-855-BUS-CHARTER or contact us via the contact form in this website. We hope to work with you very soon.