A Historical City Charter Bus Tour around Lancaster PA
Hiking Trails, Historical Homes, Indoor Theme Parks – Visit Them during Your Lancaster Trip
Unsurprisingly, as you read on our recommended points of interest in Lancaster, you will find Lancaster Pennsylvania to be a haven for kids because of the many fun places to visit throughout the year. From indoor water theme parks to Paintball parks, there is something even for the child in all of us. But that is not all there is to Lancaster, as the city boasts of culturally-diverse neighborhoods steeped in history, art, fun creativity, shopping and of course, we are not forgetting the Dutch County’s warm and welcoming residents. As you soak up the local Pennsylvania Amish experience, be sure to stop by restaurants and cafes to sample local delights while people-watching at the same time.
With a comfortable charter bus from a reputable charter bus rental company like US Coachways, you can fit many activities into your itinerary – which includes going for a show at Fulton Theater, go shopping at Pennsylvania Dutch County, have some fun putting at Overlook Falls Mini Golf Course and then spend the entire day having a splashing good time at Caribbean Indoor Water Park.
The great thing about working with US Coachways is that we have vehicles to cater to all types of events, big and small alike. Be it a wedding limousine, a VIP airport transfer limo, a charter bus for a corporate function, a fleet or party bus for a special event, a school bus for a field trip, a mini bus for a church outing or a tour bus for a group travel expedition, we can help find you the best-priced vehicle for your trip in many Pennsylvania cities.
See the Historic, Artistic, Fun-loving Side to Pennsylvania through Lancaster
Make no mistake about it, whether you like historical museum, sites like James Buchanan’s former home or is looking for a place like Rough and Tumble Historical Association, the list of the number of points of interest
in Lancaster is surprisingly long. Here, we present them to you n a ‘in the nutshell’ format.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — Clipper Magazine Stadium is not just your ordinary sports venue because you can bring your little ones to the stadium for some easy, kid-friendly rides on a lazy weekend afternoon. Another great place to bring the charter bus around to is Rough and Tumble Historical Association where there are steam railroads to get your kids to ride on. It features a Stationary Steam Museum, Gas Engine area, Saw Mill, Model shop, Auto Museum and everyone can marvel at antique tractors too. Hands-on House is exactly what its namesake suggests – it is the place kids to learn and explore together with their parents. The exhibits are fun in an educational way. When the weather is less than pleasant, there is always a weekend getaway with the kids at Caribbean Indoor Water Park along Lincoln Highway East. Easily spend the entire day going from water splashing rides, water basketball games, monkey bars over the water and an exciting whirlpool. Other indoor recreational options in Lancaster include Leisure Bowling and Golfing Center on Columbia Avenue, Sky Zone Lancaster along Hempstead Road and Wilbur Chocolate Factory Store on North Broad Street.
- Art & Cultural — There may be very few of these left in the country so, be sure to bring the charter bus for a visit to The Hole in the Wall Puppet Theater when you are in Lancaster. It is conveniently located in the middle of Lancaster’s Historic Downtown area. Armed with a sense of humor that appeals to kids and grown-ups alike, puppeteer, Robert Brock is capable of bringing on the chuckles out of people of all ages. When looking for the best theater in Lancaster PA, first name to come to mind would be Fulton Theater. Centrally-located along North Prince Street, it is a premier regionally-known theater that brings residents the best of Broadway and musicals featuring some of the best local talents. On top of that, the theater’s beautiful Victorian architecture is a sight to behold and it is a National Historic Landmark. However, when it comes to size, nothing in Lancaster rivals American Music Theater’s1,600-seat capacity. It hosts more than 300 LIVE entertainments every year and we think you will find performances from Grammy, CMA, Tony and Oscar winners performing at this internationally-renowned theater.
- Restaurants & Shopping — Lancaster is known to locals as a shopper’s Paradise. Home to many downtown art galleries, visitors can easily find artwork from local talents to bring home with them. But beyond that, a visit to Pennsylvania Dutch County means you can get your hands on vintage clothes, artwork made of glass and pottery, quilts and of course, a farmers’ market too. You can get wearable art from outlets like Tiger’s Eye on Main Street, classic, delicious home-made Dutch jams from Jam & Relish Kitchen on Old Philadelphia Pike and toys from Lapp’s Toys & Furniture on Horsehoe Road Lancaster.
- Golf Courses & Sports Venues – Looking for some fun practicing your putting in Lancaster? While there isn’t a huge, professional and internationally-acclaimed golf course in Lancaster, there is always Overlook Falls Mini-golf course. There are courses for everyone of differing skill level at this attraction. It also brings visitors a full restaurant, a driving range and walking trails.
- Historical Sites & Landmarks — Lancaster’s Biblical Tabernacle Reproduction located along Millstream Road in Mennonite Information Center is an amazingly beautiful reproduction of the original place of worship. It takes every context described in the Bible and recreated the entire scenario in the attraction. With a charter bus, visitors are encouraged to explore the former home of President James Buchanan, fondly called WHEATLAND. Within the walls, rooms and stairwells are stories and details about the former President’s personal and professional life. Visitors are given an intimate inside-look at the country’s 15th President’s influences and mentors too. Another notable historic home is Rock Ford Foundation. It was home to surgeon, farmer, political figure and a war hero, General Edward Hand, who relocated to Lancaster PA. Boasting of 90% original content, the building is built based on Georgian architecture. On the other hand, Lancaster County’s Historical Society is a smaller but similarly educational attraction. It has everything you need to know about the city’s people and culture; you will fall in love with the gift shop that has many unique souvenirs as memorabilia for the trip.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — Lovingly called ‘A Kingdom For Kids’, Lancaster’s Dutch Wonderland is built and designed like a castle. It first opened its doors to families and holiday-goers in 1963 and to-date, remains to be one of the most important and most visited family theme parks in the State of Pennsylvania. ‘World by Amusement Today’ magazine have gone on to call the park ‘Best Kid’s Park in the World’. Celebrate a birthday, have a corporate team-building weekend or simply head over for a relaxing picnic with your family at this entertaining park. When the weather permits, plan a trip to Barnyard Kingdom on South Donerville Road where kids will get to enjoy corn maze, racing pigs and some good ole home-cooked meals….country-style.
Going with a Charter Bus Rental Company That Knows Safety IS First
All US Coachways staff and representatives are trained on Federal and State DTOP regulations and we work very hard to ensure that all safety measures have been taken before renting out charter buses. This has earned us a long list of loyal customers over time and we think that we might be able to build a strong and long-lasting business relationship with new customers too. Let’s get your trip going when you send us an email through our website’s contact us page or call us on our 24/7 customer service line at 1-855-BUS-CHARTER.