Fun Traveling in and Around Some of Manchester’s Top Attractions with US Coachways
Learn More about Manchester’s Museums, Shopping Districts and Popular Restaurants
Based on geographic facts alone, it is easy to derive at how Manchester thrived as a natural farming community, previously known as Orford Parish. In part, thanks to the growth enjoyed by its surrounding neighborhoods, parts of Manchester went through growth spurts as well, including The Shoppes at Buckland Hills, one of the earliest indoor shopping mall, and Buckland Plaza, a strip mall located a short distance away.
There are also countless historical landmarks, like parks and museums for visitors to enjoy and it includes the one-of-a-kind Fire Museum which is a restored 1901 firehouse with many historical firefighting equipment that dates back to colonial times. We are sure kids will also get to enjoy the fun activities at Lutz Children’s Museum which has exhibits covering art, music, environment and also history. Other not-to-be-missed landmarks includes the Old Manchester Museum and Cheney Homestead Museum. The city definitely comes alive with sights, sounds, people, scents and it turns into a fun festive city during Thanksgiving when the Manchester Road Race is held.
So, if you are looking for a place to have an event like a wedding reception, birthday party, corporate function, business meeting, exhibit, road show, promotional tour or family vacation, we think Manchester, Connecticut, would make a great place to have it. If you are looking for a charter bus rental company to work with, it is time to give US Coachways a call right away to find out how we can help you find the best-priced charter bus, mini bus, school bus, corporate vehicle, school bus, tour bus or other ground transportation in the future.
Fun Things to do in Manchester and its Surrounding Communities
To make things easier for you and your friends when you visit Manchester, we have summarized some of the city’s top attractions and historical points of interest. We hope you will get to explore as many of these attractions as you can during your visit.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — Lutz Children’s Museum is a true Manchester hidden gem, designed specifically for the curious minds of kids. This intimate attraction features some fun, hands-on activities that will keep kids, aged 12 and below, engaged while learning something new in the process. To catch the latest film or independent movie in Manchester, there are quite a number of options to choose from. There is the comfortable and modern facilities at Rave Cinemas with quality concession stands and close stadium seating and Cinemark on Redstone Road that features 3D screens, digital projector and incredible sound system. There is also a lot of fun and games to be had at The Battle Standard Tabletop Game and Hobby center where visitors get to engage with each other at unique game tables. The atmosphere is always friendly and easy-going when you learn about new board, card, miniature and strategy games. To get active during the weekends, head on over to Stone Age Rock Gym for a few hours of climbing fun, challenge yourselves to an indoor soaring and climbing course at Soar Indoors or have a few rounds of bowling with your fellow travelers at Holiday Lanes. You can also learn about Egyptian artifacts, fossils, bones, gemstones and preserved insects at Connecticut Science Center in downtown Hartford.
- Art & Cultural — Manchester has a growing art and cultural scene and it is evident when you visit a place like Hartford Funny Bone Comedy Club, an intimate club showcasing some of the region’s top comedians who will keep visitors entertained from the start to finish. You can also book yourself up for a course of woodworking at Connecticut Valley School of Woodworking with their intensive course from a professional. Otherwise, come explore of a world of art made out of recycled items at CRRA Trash Museum which also educates visitors about energy conservation, responsible garbage disposal, and various methods to recycle at home. There is also tons of entertainment from Hartford Stage Company, featuring both adults and family-friendly programs.
- Restaurant & Shopping — Most large malls are located a short drive away in Hartford, CT but there are clusters of quaint shops and family-run businesses for everyone to shop at in Manchester’s downtown area. The charming Manchester Parkade is a humble and historical shopping mall with many shops offering bargain buys , hard-to-find items as well as restaurants, cafes, coffee outlets and bakeries. The city’s Target is located on Buckland Hills Drive, as well as The Shoppes at Buckland Hills and Savers. As far as food is concerned, you don’t have to worry about not being able to find something to satiate your appetite at Corey’s Catsup and Mustard’s famous burger of all kinds and sweet potato fries. Head over to Lucky Taco - Cantina and Tap Room if you are looking for Tex-Mex meal. Anthony’s Jamaican Restaurant for Caribbean-style jerk chicken, Chez Ben Diner for a mix of French and Canadian fanfare and Bui Vietnamese Cuisine when you are craving for some famous pho soup noodle dish.
- Golf Courses & Sports Venues – For a fun weekend out playings sports, you can always count on Charter Oak Park with its countless sports fields and courts like racquetball, softball, tennis, basketball, soccer as well as playground, hiking and biking facilities. Literally, there is something for everyone to do at this attraction.
- Historical Sites & Landmarks — Cheney Homestead has been called a ‘historic treasure’ by many of our Manchester charter bus rental customers for a very good reason. It gives visitors an insight to the home, mills, workers’ housing area and the small town center that was built by the Cheneys. The Welles-Turner Memorial Library is where you can find a treasure trove of books, CDs, DVDs, movies, documents, and free internet access for people to do their own research. A National Historic Landmark, Old State House is more than just a typical museum, within the 22,000 square feet grounds, it presents visitors with interactive hands-on displays, guided and self-guided tours and historic rooms that speaks out to you on a personal level. The observation deck, Travelers Tower, is a must for a panoramic view of the city, it was also once ranked the 7th tallest building in the world and Buttolph-Williams House in downtown Wethersfield features a 2 1/2 story house which will take visitors back down memory lane. For more historical homes, bring the charter bus to Old Wethersfield, an intimate area with beautiful, old Victorian and Second Empire homes, some were built before the Revolutionary War. For more of such homes, check out Webb Deane Stevens Museum on Wethersfield’s Main Street.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — There is lots of space for everyone to enjoy a fantastic day out at Wickham Park where you can have group activities, enjoy the Hartford skyline, go hiking, play softball or volleyball or have the children run around the playground or you can find yourself hiking up the scenic Case Mountain and have fun walking the trails during winter. The Lauren Marsh Trail offer a nearly 4 mile loop trail past Hockanum River’s roadlands, hills, marshland with a large areas to fish, boat, do some birdwatching and relax. Hillside Stable features nearly 40 acres of land and an equestrian center with horse-riding lessons, horses for lease and sale too. Other alternatives are Addison Park in Glastonbury which also has a nice-size swimming pool and J.B. Williams Park which has a medium-sized pavilion for community events. Visitors have also found themselves making unforgettable memories boating at Bissel Bridge Boat Launch, a launch point off over Bissel Bridge with an amazing view of Meadows State Park.
- Other Points of Interest — Do, also, take note that you can take on ghost-themed haunted walking trips around some historical and unique landmarks in Mystic, namely Mystic River Bascule Bridge and Seaside Shadows, during your stay. It will definitely kick the excitement level up a few notches.
Get your Hands on Affordable Charter Bus Rental Packages in Manchester, CT
There are various ways you can reserve a charter bus from US Coachways and it includes making use of our online bus reservation system, calling our customer care consultants at 1-855-BUS-CHARTER or we can send you a quick cost estimate via email when you contact us through our website.