Cruise From Attraction to Attraction in McAllen, TX on a Charter Bus Rental
Visit McAllen’s Nature Centers, Parks, Kid-Friendly Museums and Convention Center
The city of McAllen is located only approximately 70 miles from South Padre Island and the Gulf of Mexico and also in close proximity to the popular Mexican city of Reynosa. McAllen was largely a rural and agricultural city in Texas until the introduction of the maquiladora economy and the North American Free Trade Association’s push towards international trade and cross-border commerce between North America and Mexico. Due to its central location, it enjoys great all-year-round weather which means any time is a good time to organize a trip out to McAllen in a charter bus.
This Texas city is one of the most promising cities in the region, thanks to a robust business district, growing entertainment and art community as well as a rising number of attractions which were big draws for vacationers and foreign tourists. For example, kids can get their fill at the fun and engaging exhibits and educational activities from McAllen’s International Museum of Art and Science, while history lovers will get to dig into historical information at The McAllen Public Library. Have a party going on? Then the place to be at is the city’s 17th Street Entertainment District and if you are looking for a serene atmosphere to have a quieter gathering with family and friends, then it has to be McAllen Nature Center and McAllen’s Fireman Park.
It is easy to see why McAllen is sometimes chosen over other bigger cities in Texas as a place to hold a birthday party, bachelor or bachelorette party, wedding reception, corporate function, business meeting, exhibition, convention, anniversary celebration, friendly gatherings, group tours and other group events. It is more convenient, less crowded and the options are more budget-friendly. If you are an event organizer or wedding planner, please head over to US Coachways’ Fleet page to find out more about our affordable, modern and safe charter bus, coach charter, mini bus, school bus, party bus, wedding limousine, prom limo, airport transfer vehicle and other ground transportation. We look forward to working with you in the near future.
Discover a World of Fun Entertainment Venues and Historical Landmarks During your Visit
Don’t know what to do because you are visiting McAllen for the very first time? Let’s get started with some of the city’s most prominent and exciting points of interest that range from parks to nature centers, from convention centers to kid-friendly museums. There is something for everyone of all ages in charming McAllen.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — Kids are sponges when it comes to art and science so, when you are in the city of McAllen, bring the kids in the charter bus to McAllen’s International Museum of Art and Science, or more lovingly known as IMAS. The museum is located on Nolana and offers a myriad range of activities and exhibits that keeps them engaged and involved. This intimate rare gem will definitely keeps kids entertained for at least a few hours.
- Art & Cultural — The McAllen Public Library is located on N. 23rd Street in downtown McAllen. The building was the former home to a local Walmart store; after it was converted, the residents now enjoy an impressive collection of resources with a massive section dedicated to children’s education and entertainment. The main section of the library houses comfortable seats and tables for visitors, computers and a manned helpdesk. The library was opened in 2008, hence, it is a continuous work in progress. It continues to uphold its mission of providing a dynamic space with useful resources that promotes open exchange of ideas through free access to information that connects culture and population together. For those looking for a good art gallery in McAllen, rent a charter bus for a trip to both Douglas Clark Sculpture Studio and Nuevo Santadar Gallery, both of which are coincidentally on N. Main Street.
- Restaurant & Shopping — When you are looking for shopping, dining options and is trying to find a good nightspot in the middle of McAllen, head on over to 17th Street Entertainment District. Here, you will find a unique blend of lifestyles, art and culture as well as great food and live music. McAllen in a vibrant community with lots to offer when it comes to shopping. Some of the city’s shopping districts and malls include Trenton Crossing, Business District with many specialty shops and boutiques, La Plaza Mall, Las Tiendas, Palms Crossing and RGV Premium Outlets.
- Historical Sites & Landmarks — When you have a few hours to spare during your visit to McAllen, try checking out events, exhibitions, tours, festivals or other promotional programs going on in McAllen Convention Center. The attraction in located on Convention Center Boulevard; there is a very good reason why visitors always love taking photographs of the convention center’s building and park outside. Come enjoy the huge pond with a calming waterfall-like fountain or have a walk around the building’s compound surrounded by various flora and fauna. The South Texas College, in the meantime, is one of the most iconic landmarks in the city of McAllen. The college works with many other organizations, namely educational bodies in and around its communities. History buffs should not miss the chance to make that trip to McAllen Heritage Center on S. Main Street. It presents guests with a healthy number of information about the city’s history.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — When you need to be in a calming and serene environment during your trip to McAllen, plan on bringing the charter bus around to McAllen Nature Center. That short drive to West Business Highway 83 is just as calming and relaxing as a walk around the nature center is going to be. Most families who have been raising kids and teens in and around this community have, at one point, brought their kids to the nature center, considering the fact that this attraction has been around since the early 1930s. Here, you will find the state’s oldest trees which are still in their natural environment. It has survived the growth of the city without having its natural ecosystem disrupted by modern city life. Be on a look out for some wild (but non-threatening) animals as you walk around. Another tranquil location in downtown McAllen is Fireman’s Park on N. 1ST Street. Guests will get to enjoy its trails which are suitable for jogging, walking and biking. With well-maintained amenities, a biking security patrol keeps kids safe while they are playing in the park’s large playgrounds. Do Not hesitate to bring your group of travelers to McAllen’s New Park and Spray Ground for a fun outing. School-going children are bound to have a fun time at Klement’s Grove, a farm in the outskirts of McAllen. Get kids picking their own oranges, pecans, honey, grapefruits during the outing.
- Zoos & Aquariums — The Quinta Mazatlan is a truly rare find in the heart of McAllen. It prides itself as being one of the few urban nature and sanctuary in Texas and it continues to provide children, teenagers, families, organizations, corporations and interested individuals a look into how birds, plants and our environment can work together in perfect unison, without man-made intervention. Its aim is also to help connect people to the beauty and history of our natural environment. Quinta Mazatlan homes and nurses orphaned and injured animals, birds and has a beautiful butterfly sanctuary. It pays particular attention to hummingbirds and native plants of the RGV. Come learn about its GREEN building and its landscaping or take advantage of its tours for kids and adults and special events including a summer program. Teens programs include Buckets of Fun, School Science Programs, Scout and Youth Programs, Service Learning and Outdoor Challenge Course.
US Coachways, One of America’s Leading Charter Bus Rental Companies
With decades of experience in providing our customers with reliable, professional and affordable charter bus rental services, we are confident about being able to find you the right charter bus for your event in McAllen. Wait no more, pick up the phone and call 1-855-BUS-CHARTER for more information or contact us via our email form on our website right now.