Traveling and Discovering Meriden, CT, in a Fun, Safe and Comfortable Way
It is Time to Enjoy Meriden’s Parks, Recreational Centers and Unique Shopping Centers
Almost all cities in the country have their nicknames, thanks to their significant features and history; for Meriden, and large number of manufacturers producing cutlery, it was named the ‘Silver City’ in the 1800s. The city is also famously historical and provides countless historical attractions for visitors to visit and they include the oldest house in the region, Solomon Goffe House, Castle Craig and Franciscan Sisters of the Eucharist. There is also tons of fun to be had at Wallingford Bowl, good food and LIVE entertainment at Mad Murphys Cafe, Rave Motion Picture Southington 12, or bring the kids out to Lake Compounce Amusement Park which features both thrill rides and family-friendly rides. If that is not enough for the thrill seeker in you, try The Trail of Terror, a haunted tour you will definitely remember. You will soon see a side to Meriden, Connecticut, that will surpass all of your expectations.
The good news is that many of these fun and historical tourist attractions offer group packages, birthday party venues, and some gorgeous halls and ballrooms for weddings, corporate functions, official business meetings, roadshows, concerts, festivals, bachelor and bachelorette parties and other types of group gatherings. So, check them out for schedule and rates, and in the meantime, if you are looking for a charter bus, mini bus, party bus, school bus, limousine, tour bus or other types of modern, safe and affordable bus rental package, give US Coachways a call right now to find out more about our budget-friendly services.
Find out More about Meriden, CT’s, Top Hidden Gems and Tourist Attractions
It is easy to see the reason why many people who visit Meriden for the very first time, think that Meriden has many hidden gems and memorable entertaining points of interest. Here are some attractions you might want to add to your list of places to visit in Meriden, CT.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — You can organize a group outing to Wallingford Bowl on Colony Road to enjoy some bowling, arcade games, its snack bar, cosmic bowling as well as its full bar and lounge area or you can visit Shooters Billiards and Arcade in Southington where there are more than 20 pool and billiards tables as well as arcade, darts area and a cafe. Organizing a team-building day out for teens, kids or colleagues? Try Fun Squared, an attraction in Newington with bowling, laser tag, arcade and karaoke amenities. Have a birthday or bachelor/bachelorette party coming up? Book a space at Mad Murphys Cafe to enjoy its DJ Night, LIVE music or karaoke facilities. Visitors can also catch the latest movie at Rave Motion Pictures Southington 12 or Metro Movies 12, both offering state-of-the-art 3D movie theaters, online ticketing and a vast number of concession stands to choose from. Spanning 13,000 square feet and with more than 50 trampolines all over the attraction, Flight Trampoline Park is one of the hottest weekend attractions for kids, families, teens and adults alike. It offers laser tag, as well as jumping and fitness class but if you are specifically looking for laser tag facilities, head on over to Laser Quest in Newington. And of course, we are not forgetting to mention Lake Compounce Amusement Park, which is a short 20 minutes drive away, because it has some of the most thrilling and kid-friendly rides in the region. The Trail of Terror is definitely a haunted tour aptly designed for adrenaline junkie and not for the faint-hearted.
- Art & Cultural — For the art lovers in your group, make a pit stop at Gallery 53 where there are rich cultural and art programs as well as a spacious exhibit area; don’t forget to get something unique at its gift shops at the end of the tour. Come check out unique sculptures, glass-blown figurines and imported German items at Ursel’s Web Frame Shop Gallery too. For LIVE performances, shows, dances and stage productions, drop by Oddfellows Playhouse Youth Theater with their energetic actors and amazing pool of talents. Barese Donald Fine Art and Antiques is more than just an art gallery, it features antiques, gold, silver and other fine art collected from all over the world.
- Restaurant & Shopping — Westfield Meriden is a local, charming shopping center you can visit if you are looking for a one-stop-shop, it is particularly cheerful and fun at the end of the year. Of course, for even more shopping, you can always count on Target on Chamberlain Highway, Marshall’s on Broad Street or TJ Maxx, a popular discount store, on Lewis Avenue. Visitors can have fun picking out their favorite apparel at Ramani’s Clothiers or Burlington Coat Factory too. Once done, grab a Mexican-style pork burritos from Tacos Mi Nacho, a delicious and healthy steamed burger from The Lunch Box, authentic brick-oven pizza at Little Rendezvous, freshly baked Italian goodies from Avanti - Italian Restaurant and Lounge, signature BBQ pork fried rice from Jade Garden Chinese Restaurant, some awesome hibachi dishes from Sakimura or sit down and dig in to some Chinese fusion and buffet at Asian Buffet.
- Golf Courses & Sports Venues – Game for some swimming? Bring the group for some fun in the sun at Wallingford Community Pool where there are splashing areas for young kids and Freeman Athletic Center in Wesleyan University is a much-loved attraction featuring more than 60,000 square foot worth of gymnasium, fitness center and Bacon Fieldhouse. Looking forward to some skating with fellow travelers? It is then time to organize a trip out to Middletown Roller Skating Rink where there is also some video games and dancing to be done...especially if it is for summer camp.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — Visitors can make use of the wide open spaces, gardens and expansive grounds at Hubbard Park for day-outs, field trips and school programs or head out for a hike around Lamentation Mountain’s ridge at Guiffrida Park; the trails will take hikers around the reservoir for a spectacular view. Meriden Linear Trails, although at the point of this auricle, continues to be a work in progress, these are extremely safe trails made for non-motorized vehicles and other recreational activities. Another linear trail located a short distance away from Meriden, Wallingford, is Quinnicpiac Linear Trail which spans 3 miles with many sporting amenities for visitors to make use of. Panthorn Park, in the meantime, is a 139-acre park with multiple types of amenities for activities like tennis, basketball, lacrosse, hiking, and a fun kids’ playground too. For those who are interested in fishing, do not hesitate to bring the charter bus out to Wadsworth Falls State Park or if you prefer to bring the kids out for some apple and peach-picking, the place to be is Roger’s Orchard in Southington, approximately 20 minutes drive way. The best place for kayaking, boating, fishing and picnicking is Crescent Lake or if you want to learn how to ride a horse for the very first time, bring the charter bus to Giant Valley Polo Farm in Hamden instead.
Renting a Charter Bus in Meriden is as Easy as 1 -2 -3, Call US Coachways Today!
It is easy, it is convenient and it is affordable. Making use of US Coachways’ charter bus rental services will not just save you time but also money, as we have the ability to help you find a budget-friendly bus rental package in Meriden, CT, quickly and easily. To get started, speak to our customer service representatives by calling 1-855-BUS-CHARTER or contact us by completing this online request form today!