Reliable and Budget-Friendly Charter Bus Rental Services in Middletown, CT
Get to Know Middletown’s Historic District, Explore Theaters and go Shopping in a Refreshing Way
Located near the Connecticut River, it is easy to see how natural it was for Middletown to be developed as a sailing port and later, as an industrial center. However, over the years, the city started turning itself into a residential downtown metropolis with many retail outlets, shopping districts, and a thriving dining and entertainment scene which were built around the ever-popular and historical Wesleyan University.
In line with its growing popularity as a residential area, came the introduction of various amenities like cinemas, luxury boutique hotels, schools, recreational centers for kids and youth theater groups like Oddfellows Playhouse and Children’s Circus of Middletown. You can also have fun with laser tag and video games at Laser Quest, bring the kids out for a jumping session at Flight Trampoline Park, enjoy LIVE performances from the people behind Artfarm, go shopping at Wild Bill’s Nostalgia Center, have a field trip at Middletown Roller Skating Rink, learn about the city’s rich culture and history at General Mansfield House or go for a scenic walk or hike along Wadsworth National Park’s multiple trails.
If you are organizing a wedding reception, birthday party, group gathering, road show, exhibition, corporate function, important business meeting, a family vacation, weekend outing with your friends, promotional tour or other large group gathering in some of Connecticut cities like Middletown, check out US Coachways’ large fleet of comfortable, modern and affordable charter buses, mini buses, school buses, tour buses, limousines and other exotic, modern vehicles. We are sure we can help match you up with a reliable ground transportation, even if it is on a short notice.
Some Fun, Interesting and Historical Attractions in Middletown, CT
There are countless historical points of interest, recreational centers, parks, diners, cafes, restaurants and kid-friendly attractions to explore in Middletown, CT. If you are planning your itinerary, read on to find out more about these noteworthy attractions.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — One of the most important things about visiting a new city is discovering its many fun and entertaining outlets. It is time to visit places like Adventure Room where patrons are locked up in a room, waiting to escape by solving fun puzzles together as a team. This attraction is perfect for college students, colleagues and vacationers as it is a huge stress-buster. Young children may prefer a day out at Kidcity Children’s Museum with multiple themed-room that lets children try hands-on exhibits, experiments, play dress up, learn about new things in a fun and creative environment. Another fantastic place for team-building exercises is Empower Leadership Sports and Adventure Center. It is an exhilarating zipline facility with customized games like scavenger hunt for everyone. For even more fun, don’t forget to reserve a spot at Laser Quest or Fun Squared for your group. You can hunt down your friends, colleagues or boss in a game of laser tag at the former attraction or indulge in bowling, arcade, karaoke or dine in at the latter attraction all day long. If you have never tried out a trampoline park, check out Flight Trampoline Park in downtown New Britain. The attraction has a 13,000 square feet facility with over 50 trampolines (including on the walls) to hop on. It caters to special events like birthdays too. Other fun attractions include Metro Movies 12 in the city’s downtown area and bowling alleys at T-Bowl Duckpin Lanes or Newington Bowl-O-Rama Bowling Lanes.
- Art & Cultural — Suffice to say, the locals love their LIVE entertainment and art galleries as much as the next city does. Visitors can take the charter bus around to Artfarm, which is a fantastic place to bring little kids to introduce them to a real community theater where there are concerts and weekend plays all year round. Oddfelows Playhouse Youth Theater, in the meantime, is the perfect place for teenagers and college students to be a part of its summer programs and stage productions. New Britain Youth Museum, in the meantime, is an intimate art gallery featuring paintings, sculptures and many other permanent and traveling exhibits from around the region and Connecticut.
- Restaurant & Shopping — Wild Bill’s Nostalgia Center has all the unique products, gifts, arts and crafts and accessories that will bring you down memory lane. The outdoor exhibits are fun and there is a huge collection of things related to old movies, posters, statues, decorative items, home decor, toys, collectibles, vinyl records and it is a great introduction to items that the young may have never seen before in this modern day and age. For those who are looking for a good night-out, party, bar crawl or a place to have a bachelor or bachelorette party, check out Stubborn Beauty Brewing where there is a large venue for large group gatherings featuring some of the best local brews and wonderful food on offer. For more shopping, check out the unique toys available at Amato’s Toy and Hobby, antiques and charming souvenirs at Old and Fangled and also books and gifts at A New Page. You can also expect to find a nice variety of food downtown, which includes Nepalese food like steamed bread and Indian dhal from Tibetan Kitchen Restaurant, traditional Italian pizza at Mondo, tasty tomyam and dumplings from Asian Restaurant and spicy burritos at Iguanas Ranas Taqueria.
- Golf Courses & Sports Venues – Have a free weekend and looking for something fun to do with your fellow travelers? Try bringing the charter bus to Middletown Roller Skating Rink for some dancing, roller skating and video games or Freeman Athletic Center in Wesleyan University which features a large gymnasium, fitness center, athletic center and Bacon Fieldhouse. New Britain Stadium is home to New Britain Rock Cats Minor League baseball team and it is always exciting to catch a game at this wonderful attraction. Of course, when the weather permits, you can check out the Wallingford Community Pool where there is a large pool with a splashing area for younger children.
- Historical Sites & Landmarks — Being the 6th oldest University in the United States, Wesleyan University is both a wonderful learning institution as well as a historical landmark. Drop by and visit the campus to have a quick look-around and tour. There is more learning to do at General Mansfield House which served the residents and armies during the American Revolution, Civil War and the War of 1812; there are exhibits like diaries, uniforms, rifles, bayonets, clothes, and household items that will show visitors what it was like in those days. If the timing is right, take a quick trip out to Van Cleck Observatory for its observatory sessions organized by The Astronomical Society of Greater Hartford or cruise on over to Wethersfield Town to have a look at some of the historical landmarks and learn from its many public programs.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — Wadsworth National Park’s amazing scenery, waterfalls and hiking trails are reasons enough for visitors to make the trip. Bring along some food and drinks for a picnic and then go for a swim in the pond to cool off. Harbor Park is located along Connecticut River, which naturally means a scenic walk or you could drive 15 minutes out to Guiffrida Park in Meriden which has clear, unforgettable views of Avon Mountain. Other amazing trails to check out are Meriden Linear Trails which is a consistent work-in-progress or head out to George L. Chelsey Park for some swimming, basketball, tennis, soccer or football. There is a water play area and playground for young children to have fun in. Don’t forget to check out Eleanor Buck Wolf Nature Center in Wethersfield where there are live animals for visitors to play with and learn about as well as hands-on exhibits which are great for summer field trips and church outings.
Working Together with US Coachways to Ensure a Smooth-Sailing Event and Travel
Getting your hands on reliable and affordable charter bus rental services in Middletown and its surrounding communities and cities has never been easier. Take advantage of US Coachways’ professional bus rental services by speaking to our customer service consultants when you call 1-855-BUS-CHARTER or let our staff give you a quick cost estimate by email when you contact us on our website.