Mount Charleston Serves as a Popular Getaway Destination for Locals and Tourists Alike
Take a Charter Bus for a Scenic Drive, Visit a Casino or Enjoy a Day-Out at a Local Water Park in Mount Charleston, NV
Mount Charleston is considered one of the most prominent getaway spots for residents of Nevada, especially those who are trying to get away from the bright lights of Las Vegas city life. Ranking eighth as far as height of the mountain in the state of Nevada is concerned, the city boasts of towering peaks and low basins and it also is the most prominent peak in Nevada. The city is strategically located slightly more than 30 miles from Las Vegas and is contained within the Spring Mountains National Recreation Area of Humboldt-Toiyabe National Forest. With that said, this means hiking and skiing are top activities in Mount Charleston and all year round, its peaks are visited by residents from surrounding communities as well as tourists. Its snow-capped mountains can be seen from Las Vegas Strip and there are hundreds of camping sites and picnic areas to enjoy, some of which are designed for RVs too. If you are interested in finding out more about the locals, we strongly suggest dropping by the village located at the bottom of Mount Charleston for dining and shopping options. Hiking trails takes visitors around into lush forests with steep limestone cliffs making it popular with photography enthusiasts and nature lovers. People can also opt for a scenic drive up Kyle Canyon which is located right across from Deer Creek Highway and you don’t even have to get out of the car to spot the wildlife that calls the mountains home. The city offers educational programs that encourages children and adults to learn about the mountains’ ecology and geography as well as its wildlife and you can also join their volunteer programs that helps care for the ecosystem of this natural attraction. Other activities you should consider are skiing during winter, snowshoe hikes, picnics, camping, bike riding, horseback riding or go for a wildlife and wildflower viewing tour.
With the help of a US Coachways charter bus or school bus, depending on the reason for your trip to Mount Charleston, making a tour around the city’s top attractions can be comfortable and affordable. With a party bus, your trips to The Pahrump Nugget Casino or Toros Cantina and Gaming will be luxurious and nobody has to be the designated driver as you immerse yourself in the entertainment and games provided. You can also bring a school bus for a weekend outing at Wet’n’Wild Las Vegas or check out a basketball game or boxing match at Orleans Arena and during winter, we are sure you would prefer sitting back and relaxing in a warm charter bus before arriving at Las Vegas Ski and Snowboard Resort. For those who do not wish to hike their way up Mount Charleston, take a smooth charter bus ride along the Mount Charleston Scenic Byway where you will get to enjoy the fantastic view together with the family and friends within the comfortable confines of the luxurious vehicle. So, regardless of the size of your group, we are confident that our customer service representatives have the ability to help connect you with all the right people and buses. Give us a call right now to find out more!
Here’s a Short list of Fun Indoor and Outdoor Things to do when you are Visiting Mount Charleston, NV
We know what it feels like...the excitement of wanting to do as much as you can, see and eat as many things as you can when you visit a city like Mount Charleston...and we are here to help point you in the right direction. We have prepared a list of interesting points of interest, which includes parks, restaurants and driving routes you might want to check out when you are in town. Have fun!
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — Apart from casinos and resorts, there are also other fun attractions to enjoy in Mount Charleston. But first, you can check out the 70-acre resort complex of Red Rock Casino which is also where you can find an indoor playground, movie theater, bowling alley and venues for LIVE performances or bring the charter bus to The Pahrump Nugget Casino where games like bingo, sports booking, blackjack and slots are offered. The Terrible’s Lakeside Casino has been renamed Lakeside Casino and its tournaments and weekend gaming remains popular amongst visitors and locals alike or you can hang out with your friends or celebrate a birthday at Aliante Station Casino and Hotel. When you feel the effects of the city’s summer weather, you can bring your family to Wet’n’Wild Las Vegas which has fun slides for adults and kids as well as water park. People will also get to enjoy activities like ice skating at SoBe Ice Arena, a thrilling team-building event like paintball at Pahrump Paintball Complex or the latest movies showing at West Wind Drive-in.
- Restaurant & Shopping — Being located so close to both Las Vegas and North Las Vegas has its benefits and it includes having a wide number of choices as far as dining, shopping and night spots are concerned. You can enjoy some traditional American cuisine from Mt. Charleston Lodge Restaurant, have an elaborate birthday celebration at A Cut Above Steakhouse, discover a world of unique cuisine from around the region at Big Horn Cafe, enjoy fresh sushi and Japanese delicacies from Sushi Bomb, order scrumptious dinner from establishments like Lazy Dog Restaurant and Bar or tantalize your tastebuds with Mexican fiery cuisine at Toros Cantina and Gaming. Visitors will also get to enjoy the wide range of wines and spirits through the wine tasting tours offered by Pahrump Valley Winery or sample exquisite gourmet treats with your favorite bottle of wine at Sanders Family Winery instead.
- Golf & Sports — Apart from hiking up a scenic mountain trail, there are also sports and golf options for visitors to consider. You can bring your group for a golfing trip at Aliante Golf Club which features gorgeous greenery and a natural desert setting and throughout the year, people will also get to cheer their favorite basketball teams on at Orleans Arena which is less than an hour’s drive away from Mount Charleston. Apart from basketball games, the venue plays host to popular hockey games, concerts and boxing matches too. When it comes to the need for speed, the car races held at the Spring Mountain Motorsports Ranch is pretty hard to beat. Some of the cars used includes sports cars like Corvettes and SR3.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — Visitors will get to enjoy a myriad of outdoor activities like hiking and bike riding all around Mount Charleston. During winter months, the Las Vegas Ski and Snowboard Resort appears to be a hot favorite with both locals and tourists; the attraction has trail packages as well as skiing and snowboarding lessons for people of all ages. You can also book a spot for your fellow travelers with Mount Charleston Riding Stables for a leisurely tour on horseback, go rock climbing picnicking and biking around the Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area or bring the charter bus for a fun hiking expedition at Death Valley National Park. The park, however, is known for its steady summer droughts and record heat waves. There’s also the man-made lake and waterfall, playgrounds, walking paths, duck ponds and a dinosaur-themed nature center at Aliante Nature Discovery Park and exciting ATV tours offered by many professional ATV organizations, groups and companies. However, if you prefer a bird's eye view of the local landscape, check out the sunrise and sunset balloon rides offered by Las Vegas Balloon Rides which can be found in neighboring North Las Vegas.
- Other Points of Interest — Mount Charleston being one of the most beautiful cities in the state of Nevada, touring the city whether by air or on the grounds is a must for anyone. You can opt for a drive up to the Mount Charleston Scenic Byway which starts at around 3,200 feet and ends up at 8,500 feet in elevation. Its also one of the ways the locals escape the summer heat. Visitors can also opt for another scenic drive up to the Spring Mountains National Recreational Area which features the Mary Jane Falls trail. Looking for a tour by air? Why not check out the services offered by Adventure Air and 702 Helicopters, both of which offers private tours around the city.
US Coachways Helps Mobilize and Organize More than 35,000 Trips and Moves Every Year
If there is one thing that you can be assured of, it is our experience in the ground transportation industry. US Coachways has clocked up decades of experience under our belt and throughout the years, we have earned ourselves thousands of satisfied customers in countless cities around the United States. We serve cities like Mount Charleston all year long so, if you are looking for a reliable charter bus company to work with for your events, contact us today to find out more about our affordable charter bus rental packages.