A Wonderful Tour and Travel Experience in Charming Mountain Brook, AL
From Educational Museums to Art Centers, Come Discover a Different Side of Mountain Brook during your Trip
Mountain Brook, unsurprisingly, was listed as one of the wealthiest cities in the United States and of course, the most established in the state of Alabama. It is also sometimes referred loosely as ‘The Tiny Kingdom’. Some popular figures who have/had homes in Mountain Brook are Kate Jackson, Courtney Cox, Green Bay Packers, Wayne Rogers and Bart Starr. But despite it all, Mountain Brook had a very humble beginning, initially developed by landscaping expert and architect, Warren H. Manning. It sits alongside some scenic nature preserves which are untouched by urbanization, some of which are Alabama’s most appreciated network of recreational attractions.
There are obviously many benefits to being located a short drive away from Birmingham, one of the Alabama’s biggest and busiest cities. You can bring your kids out to fun water parks like Alabama Adventure, check out the stunning Alabama Theater, go golfing with family and friends at Renaissance Ross Bridge Golf or learn about the city’s fight during the Civil War at Birmingham Civil Rights Institute. Many of these historical sites and fun attractions has venues for wedding receptions, birthday parties, bachelor or bachelorette parties, corporate functions, business meetings, family gatherings, exhibitions, anniversaries and church outings. If you need a charter bus for your event in Mountain Brook, give US Coachways a call right now and we will help you find a charter bus, mini bus, party bus, tour bus, school bus, limousine, van or exotic vehicles that are affordable, safe, modern and spacious in no time.
Here’s How to have the Best Adventure in Mountain Brook, AL
If time is of essence to you when visiting Mountain Brook, here, we have outlined what we think are the best attractions and historical points of interest
to include in your travel itinerary. We hope it will help save you some time and effort.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — If you are bringing kids and teens with you during your trip to Mountain Brook, we think organizing a trip out to Locked In, a unique escape indoor attraction in neighboring Birmingham. You will need to team up with fellow travelers, put your heads together to figure out clues about how to get out of the locked themed rooms. Don’t worry if you failed to get out the first time round, challenge it the second and third time until you have guessed all the clues. For younger travelers, McWane Science Center is simply magical. This is where kids will get to play pretend at exhibits like makeshift farms, grocery stores, water area, firetruck, diner, tree house and many more. Trained staff is placed at each exhibit to keep things under control and the games safe for children. For an outdoor adventure out in the sun, bring the charter bus to Alabama Adventure, a water theme park with a large wave pool, 9-story high drop slide, tube slides, toddler and water play area, lazy river and a 216-foot flume to enjoy
- Art & Culture — Take a tour around Birmingham Museum of Art if you like to explore thought-provoking pieces created by individuals and groups of talented artists. The decor of the museum is full of southern charm, and there are in-house collections and exhibits as well as touring exhibits from other museums. Of course, don’t miss the chance to learn more about the largest collection of unique wedgewood china in the United States, housed in this museum. Alabama Theater is both a historical site as well as an art-related attraction - the building, thankfully, was restored by the revered Mr. Cecil Whitmire and one visit is all you need to convince yourself why the building was saved from destruction and bankruptcy. This is where Hollywood meets vintage design, antique furniture and classic artwork along walls and ceilings.
- Restaurant & Shopping — When the shopping bug bites, bring the charter bus to Colonial Brookwood Village where you will find brand names like DFW, Target and Fresh Market. It also has a good number of charming gift stores, designer shoe stores as well as pharmacies and a food court. You can get your hands on unique antiques and souvenirs from stores like What’s On 2nd?, Rolex and Yurman watches and jewelry from Bromberg & Co, local postcards, cards and souvenirs from Please Reply on Vine Street, toys and unique games from A Tiny Kingdom and inspiring paintings from Naked Art. On the other hands, you will find awesome corn beef hash and the city’s best French Toast from Another Broken Egg, authentic Mexican dishes like taco basket and burrito from Taco Mama, delicious, crispy pizza from Pizza 120, delicious noodle dishes like chicken pomodoro from Nothing But Noodles and French-style cocktail, burgers and fries from Chez Fonfon.
- Golf Courses & Sports Venues – If you are looking for a fun golfing experience, check out Renaissance Ross Bridge Golf which has been called one of the world’s longest golf course. Alternatively, organize a trip to Oxmoor Valley Golf Course or Eagle Point Golf Course which is a compact and interesting course for an affordable experience or head over to the historic Highland Park Golf Course which is where Bobby Jones made his early PGA wins.
- Historical Sites & Landmarks — You don’t have to be a fan of bikes in order to enjoy a visit to Barber Vintage Motorsports Museum but it is hard to deny the fact that this attraction is a motorcyclist’s dream come true. Visitors will get to learn about more than 700 vintage and modern bikes alike and the building has two-tiered platforms with wall-to-wall pictures and displays for you to enjoy. Take a self-guided tour around each of the bikes, which are placed in random order instead of in chronological order. Outside its compounds, there are also some funny sculptures too. One visit to the Birmingham Civil Rights Institute and it will bring back appreciation for all the things that many of us may have inadvertedly taken for granted - our basic rights. The struggle was very big in Birmingham in the 1950s and 1960s so, you will get to learn more about the works of famous leaders like Martin Luther King, Jr., Rosa Parks and Fred Shuttlefield, just to name a few.
- Zoos & Aquariums — Visiting Birmingham Zoo is definitely something to include into your itinerary if you are bringing kids along for the trip. If you are a teacher or a church leader, bring the youth to watch sea lions being trained and fed or hop onto the convenient trail for a quick tour around each exhibit. Visitors will also get to enjoy a vintage carousel, a tropical rain forest and also check out a well-maintained alligator swamp. There are nearly 200 different animals from all around the world, including near-extinct species.
Attentive and Professional Customer Service a Top Priority for US Coachways
Our customers know that when they choose to work with US Coachways, we have their backs when it comes to quality customer service. You will be assigned your own sales representatives and a dedicated project manager to help ensure that the biggest and smallest details about your events are not missed. To get started, reserve your bus with our state-of-the-art online reservation system or speak to our customer service representatives by calling our 24/7 number. Also let us send you a cost estimate via email when you Contact Us through this inquiry form.