Get your Hands on Safe, Clean, Comfortable and Affordable Charter Buses in Muncie, IN
Muncie’s Top Attractions Includes Beautiful Gardens, Aviation Museums and Family-Friendly Parks
Despite difference in stories relating to the city’s unique name, many contend that the name was derived from the existence of the Munsee people from the Lenape tribe who were the original settlers in the area. Today, it is one of the largest cities in the state of Indiana, located approximately 60 miles northeast of the state capital, Indianapolis. By the time European settlers, who were mainly from New Jersey and New York, found the city, it consists of various villages along White River, and settlers created a trading post and named it Muncietown. Muncie is home to Ball State University and Middletown Studies, resulting in it being one of the most studied cities in the united States. Several railroads and highways were built very near the city center which includes the Indianapolis and Bellefontaine Railroad during the 1890s and 1900s caused the natural gas industry, as well as agricultural industry, in Muncie to bloom. The natural supply of natural gas attracted not just businesses and other industries, but also groups of migrating residents, including the Ball brothers who were looking for a new place for their glass-making foundry. The city also enjoyed a thriving art and cultural scene especially during the late 19th century growth period which saw introduction of music and arts clubs, women’s clubs, social clubs and schools and it was around this period of time that there came a large demand for auto parts. Today, Muncie remains to be one of the state’s leading educational and regional health center and was rated the ‘most affordable college town in America’ as ranked by Coldwell Banker. Muncie also made it into the list for ‘best small places for businesses and careers’ and ‘affordable cost of doing business’. If you love the arts, do check out local music festivals like the Muncie Gras and Muncie MusicFest.
If you love biking and the great outdoors, organizing a trip to the ever-popular Cardinal Greenway is a must as the trails that snakes across Indiana will bring you to countless cities and small communities around the region but for young children, let them loose around Muncie Children’s Museum’s fun and educational exhibits instead. There’s also a whole host of fun activities for the entire family at Escapades Family Fun Center, an inspiring collection of masterpieces by the locals to explore at Minnetrista and David Owsley Museum of Art, the latter of which is located within the Ball State University campus. If you enjoy sporting events, there may be something up at John E. Worthen Arena and for field trips, nothing beats learning about the big and small aircrafts exhibited by National Model Aviation Museum. We know organizing a group trip can be taxing and sometimes confusing but that this is where US Coachways can help. The tours, wedding receptions, birthday parties, bachelor or bachelorette nights, prom nights, corporate functions, church outings and retreats that you have in Muncie will be more smooth-sailing with the help of our charter buses, party buses, coaches, school buses, mini buses, corporate cars and executive coaches. This way, you will one less thing to worry about and have more time to concentrate on other aspects of your trip. Give us a call today and our customer service representatives will provide you with the best options for your events in Muncie.
Let your Hair Down and have Some Unabashed Fun with Family & Friends in Muncie, IN
Most first-time visitors to Muncie expect nothing from their trip to this charming city and often times, when they delve into all the fun things that Muncie’s top points of interest has to offer, they are left breathless and inspired. So, get to ready to explore fun attractions like biking trails, art galleries, theaters and beautiful parks in Muncie, IN.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — Muncie boasts of some of the best family-friendly attractions in and around the city. Families, schools and churches can organize a fun-filled day-out with the kids at Muncie Children’s Museum where there are interactive and educational hands-on exhibits for the young ones, enjoy the three-storey maze, arcade center and ball pits at Escapades Family Fun Center, and if you are visiting during summer, do not miss the chance to bring the charter bus to Splash House where patrons will get to enjoy inflatable tube rides, a wave pool, lazy river and fountain playground. For something a little more adventurous, be sure to book a spot for your group at Indy Scream Park, one of the region’s top indoor and outdoor haunted attractions. Navigate your way through attractions like Nachtmar, Bedlam 3D, Brickmore Asylum, a haunted corn maze named Infected and Backwoods. Clancy’s Village Bowl in downtown Muncie is a great place for private events, cosmic bowling and pool while visitors can bring the party bus to Cooper’s Sport Bowl to enjoy its bowling alleys, skeeball and arcade games, a dance floor and dart board amenities.
- Art & Culture — Fun art attractions and galleries are located throughout Muncie’s bustling city center so, visitors will get to enjoy learning about art, nature and local history at an attraction like Minnetrista located along N. Minnetrista Parkway. The attraction measures up to nearly 40 acres and features sculptures, gardens, the Oakhurst historic house and also a very unique Children’s Garden. Visitors can also create their own painting, pottery or work with clay together with the professionals of The Artist Within, explore and learn about more than 10,000 different works of art comprising of paintings, photographs and sculptures at David Owsley Museum of Art which is located within the Ball State University campus, or bring the charter bus for Broadway shows like Dreamgirls and Annie at Muncie Civic Theater. The Emens Auditorium, in the meantime, is a popular choice for LIVE entertainment and it is strategically-located in Muncie’s busy city center.
- Golf Courses & Sports Venues — The John E. Worthen Arena is located in Ball State University and it plays host to sporting events like basketball, volleyball, gymnastics and other special events all year round. Be sure to check their website out for their schedule so that you can cheer on your favorite team too. Visitors can also bring the charter bus to Lyndenbrook Falls Miniature Golf to challenge yourself to a game of minigolf with family and friends or bat off at its batting cages or play glow-in-the-dark mini golfing at Lights Out Putt and Play.
- Historical Sites & Landmarks — The city of Muncie is home to various aviation-related and war-related museums so, if you love history, you should make some time for attractions like National Model Aviation Museum and Historical Military Armor Museum, located in downtown Muncie and neighboring Anderson respectively. National Model Aviation Museum happens to be a very popular tourist attraction because of the sheer number of computer games, simulators, artifacts, memorabilia and also a well-maintained Aviation Hall of Fame. It is also where you will find the oldest flying model in the world which was brought in all the way from Egypt. Historical Military Armor Museum has over 35 of the most important historic vehicles on site as well as a lightweight tank collection to learn about. Two of the most popular local museums to bring the kids to are Madison County Historical Society which aims to raise awareness about the county’s unique history and culture and Fairmount Historical Museum which plays host to the James Dean Festival every year, one that attracts thousands of attendees from all around the United States and Canada.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — Thanks to the city’s amazing year-round weather, any time of the year is a good time to bring the kids out for some outdoor fun or have a picnic with your family and friends. You can organize a biking event at Cardinal Greenway, one of the region’s most well-known bike paths, as you trek your way over 60 miles across the state of Indiana, passing through a number of cities and small communities. Visitors will also get to enjoy a horseback riding tour, take on riding lessons at Hartmeyer Stable and Saddlery, or bring the kids out for a splashing good time around the pools, splash pads and slides at Tuhey Park which can be found at the corner of White River and Wheeling. For those who want to get a little more adventurous, book your spot on the 2,000 acres of Prairie Creek Reservoir and Campground; as there is both land and water access at the campgrounds, you will get to enjoy the sports courts, picnic areas, boats, or indulge in some fishing and swimming too. Visitors are encouraged to also make their way to McCulloch park for some baseball, soap box derby tracking, organize a field trip to Mounds State Park Nature Center where there are animal displays, educational interactive exhibits and hands-on learning stations, and The Gardens at Willowcrest Park which is approximately 30 minutes drive away in Anderson. Patrons are sure to enjoy walking around the cremation garden, memorial areas, pavilions and sculptures located within the attraction’s grounds.
US Coachways Caters to Short Notice Bookings too, Thanks to Large Network of Operators Nationwide
One of the best things about renting a charter bus from a reputable ground transportation company like US Coachways is that we have the capacity to tap into our wide network and database of charter bus owners, operators, drivers and dispatchers any time, anywhere. Contact us if you need a last minute charter bus anywhere in the country, including this amazingly charming city in Indiana, Muncie.