Traveling in Comfort and Style in New Kensington, PA, Without Compromising your Budget
A City Boasting of Museums, Restaurants, Recreational Centers for Everyone
Like many other cities in the region, the land that the city sits on today was a hunting ground for local natives. It wasn’t until later that Burrell Improvement Company saw the many advantages of building a city here because it was deemed a prime location. Originally, city planners wanted to name the city Kensington, but there was already another city with the name so, ‘New Kensington’ was chosen as the city’s new name. New Kensington was featured in several films and was the backdrop for music videos too, namely P.O.D’s ‘Youth of the Nation’ music video and the film, Dogma.
The city has many different attractions for people of all ages to explore in their charter bus - night spots for a party or bar crawl, playgrounds and parks for the young ones, endless number of restaurants and casual diners for group gatherings, parties or even corporate functions. Affordable, historical landmarks are strategically-located in and around the city’s downtown area, making them perfect wedding venues in Pennsylvania.
US Coachways works with a wide network of charter bus owners, operators, dispatchers and drivers. You can choose from modern, safe and comfortable charter bus, coach charter, mini bus, school bus, party bus, and large luxury vehicles that are ready to help mobilize attendees during your event.
Get Tips, Advice and Suggestions on New Kensington’s Best Attractions
New Kensington is a historical city with countless tourist attractions and quaint points of interest to explore. Here are some of the city’s hidden gems and exciting activities you can engage in during your visit with our charter bus.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — New Kensington’s night life and entertainment scene continues to grow exponentially and if you are looking for places for bar crawls, entertainment, bachelor or bachelorette parties, you are in luck! There are numerous pubs, bars and night clubs in the downtown New Kensington area to choose from. Guests can get the party going by hitting entertainment outlets like MacKenzies Pub on Strawn Avenue, Blind Pig Saloon on Fifth Street, Gunny’s Lounge on McCandless Street or The Beermuda on Freeport Road. Our party buses are perfect for bar crawls and night outs.
- Art & Cultural — Another fantastic way to tour the city is to hit Pedal Power Tour which is a bike tour around some of the city’s most impressive landmarks and tourist attractions.
- Restaurant & Shopping — There are endless number of restaurants in malls and along the streets of New Kensington. Come experience the best Chinese cuisine at Panda Restaurant along 5th Avenue, homemade local dishes made fresh-from-the-farm ingredients at Stella's Restaurant, some unforgettable ribs with unique sauce from Buffalo Bill Roadhouse or hearty burgers, soups, sandwiches and mouth-watering desserts at King's Restaurant.
- Historical Sites & Landmarks — Mount Saint Peter Church is a haven for lovers of architecture, art, history and photography. The building is a majestic sight in itself, made from Italian marble. The church is actually the remnants of the former Mellon Mansion but most parts of the building remains intact, complete with brass, bronze and gold too. Guests are invited to come explore the church’s interior which includes the ceiling which is of Rome’s Saint Mary Major and an altar designed to look similar to St. Peters Basilica. It is a true historic gem in a small city like New Kensington. Regionally, the church is known for hosting one of the most exciting and culturally-rich Italian festival called the Festa Italiana. Come join the locals as they celebrate with homemade Italian food, dance, songs and kid-friendly games and activities. The festival traditionally happens on the first weekend of August in the church and is run completely by volunteers.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — People coming in with their charter bus can bring their families for fun outdoor family-friendly activities at New Kensington parks like its Memorial Park which is open everyday throughout the week, Massa Harbison Park (also known as Girls Scout Little House), Parnassus Park, Fairmont Park, JFK Playground and Summit Street Park. These parks provide residents and visitors with a respite from the busy touring that your group will be doing during your visit.
- Other Points of Interest — Many visitors who are looking for a place to hang out with fellow travelers during their visit to New Kensington would organize a group wine tour to Wooden Door Winery at Greenwood Road. This cute winery is THE place for great wine with good company because of its amazing surroundings which is the Lower Burrell Pennsylvania Valley. Before deciding on the bottle of wine that they want, guests are given samples and thereafter, they can hang out with their friends on this attraction’s patio while enjoying good food, drinks and good view. Wooden Door Winery is rather young, established in 2010 but it has since brought many tourists and visitors quality wine at reasonable prices. The winery has more than 30 types of wines to choose from so, there is something for everyone’s palate. This winery is a hot favorite with city dwellers as it gives them a comfortable space, surrounded by nature, to spend quality time with their loved ones. Located less than 10 minutes away from the main New Kensington city is D-Day Brewery and Farm which can be found at Chestnut Street in neighboring Springdale. Have a tour around the farm and facilities while sampling quality local wine with your good friends.
US Coachways - Decades of Providing Great Customer Service at Affordable Prices
US Coachways, a national charter bus rental company, have provided countless A-list individuals, corporations, groups, churches and organizations with quality and attentive customer service in most major cities in the United States. Be it a small or large event, we believe we have the caliber to bring you the best-priced quality vehicle for your tour, event, festival, exhibition or function. You can get the details through our customer service agents by calling 1-855-BUS-CHARTER or send us a quote request via our Contact Us form. We look forward to working with you in the near future.