Traveling and Touring the City of Newnan, GA, in Comfort and Style
Taking a Closer Look at Newnan’s Parks, Historical Sites and Recreational Facilities
When the area was established, it quickly attracted lawyers, doctors, businessmen and other professionals, thanks, in part, to its thriving cotton industry. And because it was established as a ‘hospital city’, Newnan was largely untouched by the Civil War and many of the city’s gorgeous architecture and 20th century homes are intact. Newnan is also home to one of the very few museums in the state of Georgia which focuses on African American History - The Coweta County African American Heritage Museum and Research Center. It is a truly enlightening attraction so, don’t miss the chance to pay this unique museum a visit.
There are a lot of engaging, fun and exciting activities in Newnan, Georgia, and it includes having a fun time at Zombie Village, having a group outing at Fayetteville Bowling Center, going shopping and dining in Downtown Newnan, visiting the inspiring Chattahoochee Valley Art Museum, having a team-building session at Kedron Fieldhouse and Aquatic Center or organizing a field trip to Chattahoochee Bend State Park. And the good news is that the majority of these attractive sites are available for events, private and corporate affairs like wedding receptions, conventions, corporate functions, team-building exercises, birthday parties, anniversaries, bachelor and bachelorette parties, field trips, church retreats and many others. If you are planning an event in Newnan, do get in touch with US Coachways’ customer service consultants and find out more about the charter bus, tour bus, coach charter, mini bus, school bus, party bus, limousines and exotic vehicles in our fleet.
Taking in the Sights and Sounds of Newnan’s Best Tourist Attractions
It is hard to run out activities to participate in and attractions to visit in a city like Newnan. Its attractions and interesting points of interest are unique, exciting and enlightening. Read on more about Newnan’s top attractions below.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — There some amusement centers that are worth visiting more than once and one of them is Zombie Village. The attraction is suitable for people of all ages, including young children and teenagers...and that is because it is considered by many, more fun than scary. Visitors will be split into groups and led into a thrilling and exciting experience that they will remember for a long time to come. The facilities at Junction Lanes Bowling Center includes 40 bowling lanes, glow-in-the-dark miniature golf course and a cafe for those who prefer to hang around in. In Fayetteville, check out the amusement facility on North 85 Parkway that is simply known as Fayetteville Bowling Center. Patrons are invited to check out special packages for birthdays, field trips, fundraisers or corporate events. There is a Rock ‘n Glow bowling happening at Your Bowling Center in Douglasville and a spacious skating rink at Griffin Skate Inn for you to enjoy too. Young kids, however, may have more fun at Kids Castle Playground. It is also fun to check out the latest movies as a group at Carmike Cinemas.
- Art & Cultural — If you want to be a part of the Newnan culture, get the charter bus driver to bring you to Downtown Newnan. There is an explosion of culture, a host of entertainment, shopping and dining options. It is definitely, hands down, one of the city’s best attractions for tourists. Newnan was featured in many films in the past and sometimes, you might catch sight of a celebrity or two in its downtown area. LaGrange is an art museum which first opened its doors in 1978 and you will get to learn about regional, national and international artwork of varying genres. If you are organizing an art-filled field trip for children, check out the classes offered by Chattahoochee Valley Art Museum. There are, on average, about 14 permanent and touring exhibits in the gallery every year. The Center for Performing and Visual Arts of Coweta County is a clean and modern facility offering value-for-money entertainment. There is professional singing, dancing and acting to enjoy with your group of travelers. Newnan Theater Company has risen in ranks in terms of providing patrons with comfortable seatings while enjoying quality entertainment. Grab your favorite drink, coffee or popcorn and let the show begin. Combining both art and party is Bubbles and Brushes Art Studio. It is the perfect place for a night out with private art classes on offer. You don’t need to be an art enthusiast in order to enjoy the stay, just let your hair down, you might surprise yourself with the end product.
- Restaurant & Shopping — One of the best places for shopping is Downtown Newnan where there is a conglomeration of shops, retail outlets, diners, restaurants, cafes, bakeries and quaint family-owned businesses in all corners of the city center. Another place for this eclectic atmosphere is Ashley Park where there is simply energy in the air, amazing scenery, some with awesome places to stop and do some people-watching, and a great place to hang out with your friends without having to drive out to Atlanta, GA. Not a fan of big crowds? You can still buy affordable accessories and jewelry from Charming Charlie in Newnan, grab some unique antique items off of Vintage Flea on Greenville Street and then finish the trip by sampling specialty food from Branch and Vine Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar Tasting Bar. And when hunger strikes, stop by Meat ‘n Greet for a burger or Vidalia Onion Tangles, Fabiano’s Pizzaro for a quick New York style pizza or hot wings or reserve a table for your group at La Parrolla Mexican Restaurant.
- Golf Courses & Sports Venues – When the heat gets to you, organize a group trip with a charter bus for a splashing good time at Kedron Fieldhouse and Aquatic Center’s wide outdoor pools, indoor hockey rink and gym. If Kedron is too packed, you can try Boundary Waters Aquatic Center which has an 8-lane swimming pool, 25-yard pool, heated therapeutic pool and there are also swimming lessons for children. There are two parts to Clayton Park; an outdoor international park complete with playground, picnic areas, beach, fitness center and event venue and a water theme park with rides, water slides and many modern facilities to play in. For that need-for-speed, check out the schedule of the NASCAR-style quad-oval tracks at Atlanta Motor Speedway. You will be in for the time of your life if there is a race on during your visit. Otherwise, enroll in one of their special classes to experience what it is life racing down the fast lane.
- Historical Sites & Landmarks — You can also take a tour around the peaceful and serene Oak Hill Cemetery in downtown Newnan and learn about the city and the impact of the Civil War had on the residents or bring the charter bus to Male Academy Museum which sits on College Street. Formerly a Male Seminary in the 1880s, it is now a museum featuring unique exhibits like Smith collection of decorative arts, Civil War flags, I.E.C.W, costumes and other artifacts that helps us understand the region a little more. Pine Mountain Gold Museum, in Villa Rica, GA, is an attraction about the region’s gold mining industry, featuring gold and gemstone-related exhibits that were found along the Pine Mountain Scenic Railroad. Located approximately 40 minutes away from Newnan is the historical Bellevue. The gorgeous historic mansion was built in the 1850s as a preserved Greek-Revival style site and today, it is often rented for community events, tours as well as for private and corporate functions. If you are a huge fan of the movie ‘Gone With The Wind’, it would be fun to see all the movie-related exhibits at Road To Tara Museum in Jonesboro, GA.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — What makes Chattahoocee Bend State Park stand out is the long, winding Chattahoochee River and the trail that runs alongside it. You can also organize a group outing with a charter bus for kayaking, boating, fishing or have a picnic with your family. Line Creek Nature Area’s nature preserve is a natural tourist attraction; if you love nature, you will fall in love with its granite formations, hardwood forest and calming streams. Dunway Gardens is an outdoor attraction with a lot of history - it was a training spot for people from the show business industry but today, after some restoration work, makes for the perfect venue for community events and weddings. Other interesting and fun parks include the Lake McIntosh Park with its canoeing and paddleboating facilities, Prime Community Park Secret Garden’s manicured landscape and Clinton Nature Preserve’s wide open grassy spaces and multiple playgrounds.
US Coachways is One of the Country’s Top 15 Ground Transportation Companies
With our extensive experience in helping our charter bus rental customers find the most budget-friendly charter bus rental packages around the country, US Coachways is confident about being able to do so for you too. Give us a call right now and speak to our customer service consultants who are available 24/7 at 1-855-BUS-CHARTER
or have our staff provide you with a quick quote via email when you complete this contact us