Easy and Effortless Traveling all around Newport News, VA
Take the Charter Bus to Newport News' Famous Historical Sites and Tourist Attractions
Before undergoing extensive development led by Collis P. Huntington in the 1880s, the area was largely made out of farms and undeveloped land. Under Huntington's leadership and with his vision for an expansive Peninsula Extension of Chesapeake and Ohio railway, the building of Newport News Shipbuilding and Drydock Company became the world's largest shipyard which had massive contribution towards building seven of the first sixteen country warships.
While Newport News is known for countless historical and iconic landmarks like Civil War at The Mariners' Museum, U.S. Army Transportation Museum and Victory Arch, visiting the city can be fun for people of all ages. You can catch the latest film at Regal Kiln Creek Stadium 20, bring young children out for fun recreational activities at Rebounderz and Bounce House or enjoy a calming and serene time at Huntington Park Beach with family and friends.
If you are a wedding planner, event organizer, in your company's organizing committee for a party or simply someone on a look-out for a reliable charter bus rental company in Newport News, Virginia, you have come to the right place. Check out the latest lineup of charter bus, mini bus, school bus, passenger bus, tour bus, party bus, wedding and prom limousines availible to charter and give US Coachways a call to find out more about our budget-friendly bus rental and promotional packages. We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Newport News' Top Tourist Attractions and Things to do
Read on below for ideas, suggestions and recommends for some of the Newport News' top tourist attractions that you might want to check out during your visit. There are all types of points of interest in the city and we are sure visiting this charming, historical city is going to be a blast for everyone.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — If you are trying to organize a group outing to a fun attraction in Newport News, VA, you are in luck! Take your pick from some of these exciting locations. First off, check out Paragon City Center 12 for the latest film from Hollywood; the cinema is known for their well-padded, comfortable reclining seats, love seats and unique foldout tables which provides patrons with an intimate experience watching their favorite movies. Regal Kiln Creek Stadium 20 is a little older but does not lose on out modern facilities and quality films at an affordable pricing. For a little bit of exercise and fun with their friends and family members, bring the charter bus to Rebounderz, a trampoline park in downtown Newport News. In fact, attractions like Rebounderz and Bounce House are great for grownups too. For safety purposes, there are exclusive areas reserved for younger children so that bigger kids and adults can have as much fun as they want without having to skirt around young children and toddlers. Attractions like LazerRush is a fantastic place for team-building outings and school field trips. Get into teams and start laser tagging your friends....or better yet, your boss and colleagues! Splash Park in Portsmouth, a short drive away in the charter bus; it provides visitors with a fun water play area with differently-themed interactive games and amenities. There is also a water drop area so, get ready to be all wet.
- Arts & Cultural — There are several indisputably eye-opening places of art and culture in downtown Newport News and leading the list is Ferguson Center for the Arts. Be sure to book yourself a spot for the tours as guests are taken on an educational journey exploring all the exhibits and shows. However, the first place to visit if you are a foreign tourist is the Newport News Visitors Center. Arm yourself with brochures, flyers, booklets and all the information you may need to plan your day in the city. All it takes is a 30 minute visit and you are ready to take on all the city's amazing attractions. Be sure to grab a unique souvenir on your way out, though. Another very interesting cultural attraction is The Newsome House Museum and Cultural Center. The building itself was restored to its original state many years ago and it paints a postcard-perfect picture for photographs. It is a truly charming museum with special exhibits featuring the region's African American history and local prominent public figures. If you love art, include a visit to the Peninsula Fine Arts Center for a mini tour around the well laid-out displays. Of course, it is a bonus that admission is fee. However, if you prefer to learn up new dance moves, there is always Dance Works on Kiln Creek Parkway, with professional teachers offering up crash courses. For a taste of local arts and entertainment, check out the schedule at Smithfield Little Theater, a fantastic alternative to the community theaters in Newport News and while you are at it, add Imagine Art Studios in Smithfield to your list of places to visit too.
- Restaurants & Shopping — There are countless places to stop by and shop in Newport News and it includes Patrick Henry Mall on Jefferson Avenue where there is also a nice and well-maintained food court for you to satiate your hunger. For a nice selection and a down-to-earth shopping experience, bring the charter bus to World Market instead where you will have a nice selection of furniture, imported gifts, beer, home decor and clothing to choose from. For elegant clothing and accessories, check out Ignatius Ladies Specialty Shop on William Styron Square and don't forget to make a stop at Dean and Don's Farmer's Market, Discover Teas, The Yard Sale or Nancy's Calico Patch for specialty items and unique gifts. After all the shopping is done, you might want to grab a burger from Midtown Eats, sweet and sour chicken wings from Chic N Fish, have some Italian wine from Travinia Italian Kitchen And Wine Bar or dig into Greek-style burger from Mr. Gyros and Burgers.
- Golf Courses & Sports Venues — Golfers can expect to spend a few hours challenging themselves to a good game of golf at Newport News Golf Club with four different sets of tees, forward tees and well-maintained greens. You can also choose from ice-skating at Hampton Iceplex or go roller-skating or inline-skating at Smithfield Skate in Smithfield, VA. Visitors will also get to do some swimming or bring the kids for outdoor fun at Beale Park's playground and pool. Visitors are guaranteed an awesome time at Lone Star Lake Park where there are more than ten lakes with scenic views, horseback riding trails, archery range, playground, fishing area and shaded picnic spots for group gatherings.
- Historic Sites & Landmarks — One of the reasons why there are many historical landmarks and museums in Newport News is because this is the site where the Battle of Hampton Roads happened. You will get opportunities to learn about the country's Civil War at The Mariners' Museum and if you are a history lover, don't miss the chance to visit Virginia War Museum either. There are also tons of artifacts detailing out events from World War II too. A visit to U.S. Army Transportation Museum will take you for a stroll down memory lane learning about old vehicles, be it air, land or water, through the country's historical lenses. Get ready to be enchanted with trains, cars, planes, jet pack, hovercraft and all types of transportation. The USS Monitor Center is also another historical gem and so is the humble Victory Arch. Be sure to also bring the charter bus to Endview Plantation and Lee Mansion Hall, an intimate family-home and museum, respectively, filled with Civil War artifacts and historical facts. .
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — When you make your way to Battle of Lee's Mill Damn Number 1, you are essentially killing two birds with one stone - it is a historical park, fortification and it has well-marked trails for active history lovers to explore. There is also a scenic views of Lions Bridge at the Noland Trail, Newport News Park and an intimate beach at Huntington Park Beach.
- Zoos & Aquariums — The Virginia Living museum plays multiple roles as a tourist attraction - it is a museum, observatory, planetarium, park, zoo and aquarium...all rolled into one. There are animals, exhibits and things to learn about both indoor and outdoor; be prepared to spend at least half a day exploring all the attraction's exhibits.
Finding you the Right Charter Bus is US Coachways' Expertise
With decades of experience in providing our loyal and new charter bus rental customers in Newport News, VA, we are confident that when you get in touch with our customer care consultants at 1-855-BUS-CHARTER, we can help you find an affordable charter bus in no time. Alternatively, contact us
through our online request form here if you prefer to get a quote via email.