The Best Charter Bus Packages in North Port and Port Charlotte, FL
Discover Hidden Gems in North Port’s Parks, Golf Courses and Night Spots
Although North Port has gone on to distinguish itself from Port Charlotte, both communities used to share the same identity and went by the name of North Port Charlotte. It was in 1974 when the residents approved the change of name to North Port in order to assume a different identity. Today, both communities share many similarities as well as recreational centers, parks, museums and entertainment venues that attracts visitors from surrounding communities as well as foreign tourists.
Many would say that North Port is both a nature and golf lover’s Paradise with countless options like Heron Creek Golf Course, Bobcat Trail Golf and Country Club, Kingsway Country Club, Port Charlotte Beach Park, North Charlotte Regional Oark and Ollie's Pond Park. They are some of Florida’s best natural recreational facilities and provides locals with places to relax and unwind.
If you are trying to find a location and venue for weddings, birthday parties, bachelor or bachelorette parties, corporate functions, business dinners, school field trips, church outing or educational trip, give US Coachways a call to find out more about the charter bus, mini bus, school bus, tour bus, mini bus, vans and other exotic vehicles we have in our fleet. We are confident about being able to find our customers the right charter bus for their events, even last minute bus reservations.
Suggestions and Travel Tips for North Port, FL, Visitors and Guests
The best way to discover a city is to be prepared. Here, we have outlined some of North Port’s best points of interest and they include parks, amusement and recreational centers, art museums and golf courses that you might want to include in your itinerary.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — Spacious, modern, and beautiful design, the North Port Performing Arts Center is where residents and visitors go for world-class entertainment. The up-to-date theater does not have any bad seats, despite its relatively large size, audience finds it easy to be a part of the show on stage. The Langdon Playhouse was named after Charlotte Playhouse benefactor, Helen Langdon. The relatively new theater has a consistent lineup of shows and local productions and is the location for shows from Kids Onstage. Another good place to catch a local play would be Lemon Bay House in Englewood, FL. Lemon Bay runs effective programs and educational events that promotes arts activities via volunteer work and training. On the other hand, organizing a bowling night out with your friends might be more of your interest - if that is the case, check out Treasure Lanes in Port Charlotte where you can have unlimited fun with a cosmic bowling sessions.
- Art & Cultural — In its 8-acre facility, the Cultural Center of Charlotte County features countless exhibits and facilities. They include the learning space for arts, academics, dance and exercise, as well as a sizable cafe and unique thrift shops. There are photo exhibits showcasing the life in North Port and its surrounding communities. All year round, there are seminars, talks, banquets, social, fitness and educational programs being run. The warm people of North Port will be sure to welcome you as a part of their programs so, do stop by and join in the fun. Many of the locals are here to volunteer and provide donations as a part of their commitment to the community, living up to the theme ‘The Place that Friendship Built’. In the meantime, Arts and Eats Restaurant and Gallery combines culinary art and creative expression under one roof. There’s great traditional American cuisine, artisan owners, live music and homely feel at this attraction. For more art, check out Da Vinci and Michelangelo Exhibition which is both an art gallery and museum. There are guides available so, check the schedule and get ready to have a ball.
- Restaurant & Shopping — When it comes to shopping local and fresh produce, you can’t go wrong with a charter bus visit to Red Barn Flea Market. On top of featuring some antiques, pre-loved products and arts and crafts, you will also have the chance to shop for fresh fruits, vegetables and grab a coffee and donut for a tour. Visitors can also stop by Hobby Lobby for unique home decor items, unique gifts and cute souvenirs. When the locals feel the need for a shopping spree, there is always Nordstrom Rack in Brandenton. While this chain is more intimate than Nordstrom of Orlando, there is enough to get you going. Looking for unique ethnic food? Wong Kai Imports, also in Brandenton, is a great place with a fine selection of wholesale items and affordable products. When you need to relax and unwind after a busy day of traveling, bring your buddies out for an ice cold beer at Tobacco Locker Cigar Bar. What is really nice is the wide selection of beers from all over the world and a large collection of quality wine.
- Golf Courses & Sports Venues – Between North Port and Port Charlotte, both communities share vast lands, outdoor spaces and some of them are turned into recreational parks and golf courses. One of the more popular ones would be Heron Creek Golf Course. Haron Creek features 3 9-hole courses, the Oaks, Creek and March, for different playing styles. Bobcat trail Golf and Country Club has a nice layout and well-maintained facilities. This attraction has been given 4.5 stars and is rated as Florida’s top 30 public golf courses. Kingsway Country Club also features rolling greens and a challenging course for you to enjoy. The country club first opened its doors in 1976 and was located merely minutes away from Lake Suzy, Punta Gorda and Port Charlotte. Its upscale golf course also features an 18,000 square foot Old Florida style clubhouse, a great place for gatherings and parties. Riverwood Golf and Country Club is an alternative for golf enthusiasts. The Golf Digest have given it a high rating for its design, natural beauty and varying degrees of difficulty. Visitors will golf their way through wooded terrain, natural pine, water and salt marshes, wetlands and native flora and fauna. If there is a game being played or if you would like to check out baseball training for the Charlotte Stone Crabs, you’re in luck. Charlotte Stone Crabs, formerly known as Vero Beach Dodgers and Vero Beach Devil Rays, is a Minor League Florida baseball team based in Port Charlotte.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — You can get your fill of sunbathing, jogging, biking, fishing, picnicking and swimming at Port Charlotte Beach Park. Make use of the many shaded areas for those who prefer to people-watch during their trip. North Charlotte Regional Park has baseball fields, disc golf facilities, places to fish, a nice spacious nature preserve, walking trails, soccer and softball fields for you to enjoy. Ollie’s Pond Park is another dog-friendly natural space for people to spend some quality time with their loved ones. Most consider this untouched sacred land a natural wonder; take a walk around the walking path around the pond which is approximately a mile around it. Groups should also organize weekend trips to Legacy Trail for some biking. The trail is 10-mile long that starts from Palmer Ranch to Venice, FL. For some horseback riding, head over to Deer Prairie Creek in the neighboring Venice, FL.
- Other Points of Interest — Looking for some spa for a pampering session? Head over to Warm Mineral Springs, the only warm water mineral spring in the state of Florida. Since the 1960s, it has been the residents’ small, natural spa with natural healing and restorative powers; foreign tourists have also traveled from all over the world to enjoy the spa, believing it to be a fountain of youth.
Affordable Bus Rental Packages in North Port and Port Charlotte at your Fingertips
US Coachways is one of the country’s forerunners in the nation’s ground transportation industry, with a long list of happy customers and clientele. We hope to work with you in the near future, to bring you affordable buses in North Port, Port Charlotte and its surrounding communities. Give us a call right now by dialing 1-855-BUS-CHARTER or contact us via our online request form right now!