Making Full Use of Reliable Transportation with US Coachways in Northport, AL
Open Up to a Whole New World of Historically-Magical World that is Northport
One of the most significant facts about the city is that despite it having a clear boundary with Tuscaloosa, the two cities are separated, historically and geographically, by the Black Warrior River. To-date, it is the 21st largest city in the state of Alabama. This charming city is mostly known for its cultural activities and most notably, the Kentuck Festival of Arts. This event is held every October and has the capacity to draw thousands of visitors and participants from all around the world, thanks to the fact that it features some unique contemporary arts and crafts, pottery-makers, quilters, basket-makers, and it is often a feast of musical entertainment and a huge culinary adventure for most. Not forgetting, residents from other communities are always looking forward to the Northport is Art Night which is held every first Thursday of every month and Dickens Downtown on the first Tuesday of December. And thanks to its close proximity to the historically rich Tuscaloosa, visitors will get to enjoy many tourist attractions and important historic landmarks in Alabama.
US Coachways is one of the country’s leading charter bus rental companies, having had decades of experience in providing our customers with charter buses, party buses, limousines, mini buses, school buses, tour buses, vans and luxurious vehicles for events like weddings, proms, birthdays, corporate events, business meetings, exhibitions, social gatherings, church retreats, anniversaries, bachelor or bachelorette parties, etc. Let’s find out how US Coachways can help make your next event in Northport a more smooth-sailing one!
Get Ready for Some of Our Favorite Activities and Things to do in Northport, AL
Be prepared to have a lot of fun and adventure when you take a tour around some of Northport and Tuscaloosa’s most popular tourist attractions and historical points of interest. Below, please find a list of some of the fun things you can expect during your visit.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — Many artistes and performers have chosen to have their concerts in the legendary Tuscaloosa Amphitheater. The atmosphere is always electrifying and there are no bad seats at this wonderful facility. For young children, making a trip to Children’s Hands-on Museum would be more appropriate. Here, kids will get to let their hair down and play pretend at exhibits like space center, post office, dress-up room, funny mirrors, wind rooms, caves, drug store, hospital and some fun animal-based exhibits. For the teens and adults, head on over to Breakout for a game of escape room. You will get into themed rooms, team up with each other to solve fun puzzles and break out of the room to beat the buzzer.
- Art & Culture — Make no mistake about it, whilst the Tuscaloosa Federal Building and U.S. Courthouse are renowned historical sites, most visitors visit this attractions because of the stunning artwork and murals along its walls. Learning about the country’s and the region’s history takes form in the murals and paintings. Be it social, economic or political, one visit is enough to help you understand Alabama’s deep-rooted history and culture. The Tuscaloosa Museum of Art is a short drive away if you are game for even more awesome art. This charming, free museum has Japanese-style architecture, definitely a sight to behold in West Alabama. The museum may be a little hard to find if this is your first time here but it is definitely worth the effort; there are paintings, sculptures and furniture from different eras to explore.
- Restaurant & Shopping — There are countless shopping destinations located all around Northport and Tuscaloosa but you will not regret heading over to Midtown Village which is modern, clean and has a nice park outside. Visitors can also organize a group shopping expedition at University Mall, the city’s Target at 13th Avenue E. And Kentuck Art Center and Museum for paintings and souvenirs. Do stop by charming locally-run retail outlets like Hibbett Sports and Restoring Piece for antiques and home decor. Archibald’s Bar-B-Q ranks well as a place for delicious grilled food like ribs, and you can also order great Mexican delights at Pastor’s Kitchen Mexican Food, gold old fashioned soul food like macaroni and cheese at The Brown Bag Restaurant, mouth-watering sandwiches and salads at Chicken Salad Chick and exotic Chinese cuisine from restaurants like China Bob.
- Golf Courses & Sports Venues – Even when there isn’t a game going on, fans of history and baseball thinks that taking a tour around Bryant Denny Stadium is well worth the time. College football, after all, is incredibly popular amongst the fans living in the surrounding communities so, if you want to check out the larger-than-life statues of legendary coaches to former NCAA football teams, this place would be it.
- Historical Sites & Landmarks — The Mercedez-Benz US International Visitors Center and Factory Tour is as iconic to the city and its communities as it comes. Not only does it serve as a fun place to get useful information regarding festivities, events and road shows around Northport and Tuscaloosa, patrons will get to take an educational tour around the very clean and well-maintained manufacturing plant which formed the backbone of American manufacturing industry. You don’t have to love cars to enjoy the tour, some customers have given favorable reviews about this attraction. The Jemison-Van de Graaf Mansion is both stunning architecturally and historically. The tour lets visitors step back in time during the late 1800s and learn about the country’s Civil War and the architecture and design of the building continue to awe professionals and tourists alike. The Old Tavern Museum is another great site to learn about what the region was really like in the 1800s with many exhibits and old items from the period of time being on exhibit.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — One of the best things about bringing the charter bus to Capitol Park is that it is both a historical site (with some interesting ruins and signs) and park. Don’t forget to bring your camera along with you if you are visiting this park and it is a fantastic place for wedding photos, family pictures and picnics, all at the same time.
Seamless and Efficient Online Bus Reservation System from US Coachways
Today, US Coachways brings you one of the country’s most efficient and professional online bus reservation systems that lets you reserve, pay and monitor your reservation all completely online. Other methods of reserving a bus with us remains - you can give our customer service representatives a call right now or complete this Contact Us
form on our website. We look forward to connecting with you in the very near future.